Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Jovi Addict

I figured that was just Phil's Miley Cyrus tribute.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy3 View Post
I figured that was just Phil's Miley Cyrus tribute.
oh shit, hope he doesn't encourage Jon to twerk
Old 10-04-2013, 05:02 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
I was half kidding. I wasn't truly implying that it was some hidden clue of the future of the band. Just noting that an official band picture of him solo surely indicates he's more than just some fill in temp. The temp drummer isn't even shown on screens at the live shows. Phil is in an official Bon Jovi picture for profit.

You honestly think he makes more money as a session musician than touring with, or becoming the band's new guitarist on future albums? If it was offered to him, I think he'd take it in a second.
There's no way he makes more doing his session/Fretted Americana stuff, no. But he makes more than a decent living doing what makes him happy. I'm not saying playing in BJ doesn't make him happy but he's made it clear it's not really his type of music and I just don't see him giving up what makes him happy for this paycheque and freedom to write.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
There's no way he makes more doing his session/Fretted Americana stuff, no. But he makes more than a decent living doing what makes him happy. I'm not saying playing in BJ doesn't make him happy but he's made it clear it's not really his type of music and I just don't see him giving up what makes him happy for this paycheque and freedom to write.
I am following him on facebook - and just based on the pics he's posting - he seems ueber happy about being in Bon Jovi. Also - stuff like 'keep working hard and follow your dreams and all of this might come true one day' type stuff while being in the Jovi jet....that's not something that someone unhappy would say. I am 100% sure he'd accept an offer to join Bon Jovi in no time. That's making history. That's being a member of the biggest American rock band of the last 30 years. That's replacing Richie Sambora. Honestly speaking - who the **** would say no?!? I bet even Steve Vai/ Satriani would be tempted given the right monetary incentive. Like the music or not, it's BON JOVI.

B O N || J O V I
Old 10-05-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I know what you mean but keep in mind that he was there at a moments notice the second time. He's had to put up with plenty of haters that will hate his guts just for the fact that he's in Richie's rightful spot on stage. He's had to learn a shitload of songs in a relatively short amount of time. He's recorded with the band. Has he been there as long?? No he hasn't, but 2 tours, and 60+ songs later, yeah he's earned his place.....
He only played 12 out of 125 shows last tour so you can't really say 2 tours, but yea, he definitely earned respect for dropping everything and joining the band on the road when they were in a tough spot.

As for the haters, I'm sure he has two words for them: bank account.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
If that was the case I don't think he'd even be touring with them now. His personal musician work aside, he gave up staying with his wife for the majority of her pregnancy. He got married in between show dates and then went back on the road. If playing with Bon Jovi isn't what makes him happy, I don't think he'd be absent from these monumental life events.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
If that was the case I don't think he'd even be touring with them now. His personal musician work aside, he gave up staying with his wife for the majority of her pregnancy. He got married in between show dates and then went back on the road. If playing with Bon Jovi isn't what makes him happy, I don't think he'd be absent from these monumental life events.
Money makes people happy.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Another article, von maur side about the 12th with Nikki &
Richie.( Suspect they will leave LA the 11th at the latest (Staples gig) which IMO is Richie's hometown now , so twice he missed there. I'd probably want to leave town too. It would be a trip if they cross paths in the airport.) Found it interesting that interviews can be scheduled for the 12th but they must be done simultaneously and will not be interviewed separately? Does that sound odd to anyone besides me or have I just become too "her again" paranoid?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11191562.htm

And Phil X, he is probably having the best financial year of his career plus growing a new fan base. Hugh is not "official" after replacing Alec, so IF Richie's out of the band and not just off tour doubt Phil would ever be an actual member. I still think of STP and Weiland saying would have to be "bought out" to be out of the band.

Still SMDH about it all.

Last edited by golittleperson; 10-05-2013 at 05:15 AM..
Old 10-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Livin' on a Post

new interview with David, same old...

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/10/02/...ref_map=%5B%5D
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Jayster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
Whoever puts these up in the site is an absolute tool.

They would rather put up any old positive review than leave out the ones that talk about Richie like that.

I mean, to me, by copy and pasting that on the official site it's confirmation.

This was always what I had suspected.... Mostly because of the timing.

Richie releases a solo album, plays a few shows on his own (I know not all of them sold fantastically but I'm sure playing solo still gave him a boost) and then? Go on tour, yet again, with Jon and his ego and play the most static setlists of your career with a front man who, at the time, was standing at the mic motionless for almost the entire show.

If I had to put money on it, Richie probably just asked him why he wasn't moving very much and questioned the song choices. And what we now have is the result of questioning the leader.

Jon is too proud to apologise and Richie is probably enjoying the break, so neither are bothering to talk.
June 21st 2008 - Hampden Park, Glasgow
December 10th 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
December 11th 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
December 14th 2013 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
December 15th 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
February 26th 2014 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney - Richie Sambora