Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDeaf View Post
And who are you to decide?
Ah give LeaJovi a break...the post was tongue in cheek because of the absurdity of this thread I believe.

Hopefully BonJoviFan14 won't take it personally and will keep posting.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
It's my post

Just in reference to the 'Jon's an asshole,' aspect of this thread, I have spoken to people who have roadied and teched for them and they're unanimous on it - he is a prick.

Now it could just be they all caught him on off days or he's only like it with those not in his 'inner circle' but either way, if you can't conduct yourself with a certain element of civility towards those around you who are actually there helping you, it doesn't matter who the hell you are (or you think you are), you're a prick in my book.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post
Just in reference to the 'Jon's an asshole,' aspect of this thread, I have spoken to people who have roadied and teched for them and they're unanimous on it - he is a prick.

Now it could just be they all caught him on off days or he's only like it with those not in his 'inner circle' but either way, if you can't conduct yourself with a certain element of civility towards those around you who are actually there helping you, it doesn't matter who the hell you are (or you think you are), you're a prick in my book.
Out of interest, what did he do that made them think he is a prick?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Jovi Addict

I agree. Give LeaJovi a break. I thought the comment was very fitting and in the vibe of this thread No one should take things being said in here personally. I view it as a soap opera script - only better
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post

Yep, I know several people who've interviewed him on a number of occasions over the years and in recent discussions with one of them about his lovely brother Matt, I was told that he takes his cue from big bro.

One of the people grew up a huge fan and so certainly had no bias when she met him the first time. However, she told me that, like his little brother, they love this whole 'perfectionist, work hard - play hard... I'm from Jersey, you just don't geddit' persona and they tend to use it as an excuse to be blunt and downright rude.

On one of the many opportunities she had to meet him (quite recently) she told me that over the years, when she's interviewed Jon and Richie together, RS seems almost embarrassed at times by how dismissive and uncooperative Jon can be. Now, you can say 'well, she's a journalist, he doesn't have to be 'on' all the time' etc etc... but this is over many years and in my own experience, of years of conducting interviews, I can count on one finger the amount of people who've made a negative impression on me, even those who clearly got out of bed on the wrong side... you just get used to it, people are human. Jon, it seems, goes out of his way to let you know he doesn't want to be there.

Not exactly the 'Tom Cruise of music' as he likes to call himself, put it that way.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by afk View Post
I agree. Give LeaJovi a break.
Did Jon give Richie a break? No. So I don't feel like I need to give LeaJovi a break.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Did Jon give Richie a break? No. So I don't feel like I need to give LeaJovi a break.
He's given him a nice spring break right now - be fair.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post

Not exactly the 'Tom Cruise of music' as he likes to call himself, put it that way.

Wait, am I the only one thinking that being the 'Tom Cruise of music' would be a bad thing?

Lol
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
Wait, am I the only one thinking that being the 'Tom Cruise of music' would be a bad thing?

Lol
No, I agree with you. lol
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post

Lol
It's how Jon has described his level of popularity in the past but he's waaaaaaay off with that one.

Say whatever you want about Tom Cruise (my favourite is about going to dinner a few years back and Katie Holmes had written 'get help' in the peas) but fans who meet him, journalists who meet him, come away feeling like he's a nice guy.