Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 AM
It's my post

This thread =

The conspiracy theories are abundant. I was really flustered and tired Monday nights, so I was joining in on them, too. But now it's just ridiculous. We know nothing. So as of now, he has NOT quit the band, he is NOT in rehab, he is NOT in the hospital with a heart attack, or whatever the hell else is in this thread that I don't have the time or care to sift through. Oh, and this is NOT Jon's fault in any way.

Shit happens. Obviously, whatever the reason may be, it happened at a lousy time. But I think Richie (and Jon and the band, for that matter) are smart enough to know that a world tour isn't just something that you can skimp out on. The call was made. No amount of bitching will bring Richie back on this leg, I believe, so just let it happen.

As a sidenote, some of these people claiming that they'll sell their tickets if Richie isn't in Europe are full of it, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
Okay, slight suspicion of an oxymoron there, I admit it haha , I didn't articulate myself particularly well.

The gist of what I was getting at was if a casual observer compared the Wanted solo Phil X played last night to the way Richie usually plays it, they would find prefer Richie's version.

Of course I have an affinity to Richie (really wishing I chose a different username when these arguments come up), but I don't think Phil X is a guitarist who can "play circles around him" as some people seem to be saying.
Of course, a straight up guitar duel would be the only way to know for sure, but I think Phil X may be a [slightly] better guitarist, from a pure technical standpoint. However, the style Richie has and his way of putting things together is brilliant and thus why he's among my favorite guitarists of all time.

Last edited by TwinFan; 04-05-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Of course, a straight up guitar duel would be the only way to know for sure, but I think Phil X may be a [slightly] better guitarist, from a pure technical standpoint. However, the style Richie has and his way of putting things together is brilliant and thus why he's among my favorite guitarists of all time.
This is exactly what I've been getting at. I define how good a guitarist is by how much I enjoy listening to them play, not merely their technical ability. Phil X may well be able to play faster and more complicated licks, but that doesn't mean it sounds as good as what Richie does.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
I just want to know when does Richie get the blame in all this? When does someone point the finger at him and say shit move, dumb ass?

Back in 2011, when this happened with Richie, people blamed Jon. Bastard Jon, continues on with the show, he doesn't care about anyone but himself and money, the stupid CEO. Poor Richie, what he and the band has to put up with. Granted it was a drugs problem then and he had to go to rehab but again, Jon got the blame for Richie's problem.

Happens again in 2013 and again the finger points at Jon. Richie leaves the tour for personal reasons, gives no explanation, nothing. Again, what has Jon done? its all Jon's fault, Richie is a true musician who plays from the heart, Jon doesn't care.

What does Richie have to do until someone says hey, WTF are you doing? you are doing this again to your fans? What? I hear Jon can do no wrong to his fans but heck, Richie fans are much worser. He can screw them over by not turning up for shows and they will forgive him anything. You have our love and support Richie. We are sending you our prayers, Hang in there. There are pages in support of Richie, send him your love. What does he need our love?

When is he ever going to get some of the blame for his actions. When is someone going to tweet him and say I am spending hundreds of dollars travelling to see the band just to see you and you are not turning up to the show? Are you ****in kidding me? No wonder he does it because he knows that his fans will forgive him. I don't need to turn up, they still love me.

Jon, Tico and David have never left the fans high and dry. You know when you go to a show, they will be there. Richie is not looking so good at the moment. 2011, 2012 and now in 2013 and yet it's all Jon's fault....................
It's quite clear you are into "Jon can do no wrong". In fact, I've never seen you say anything remotely fair or nice about Richie and it's quite clear you don't think anything of him as a person, guitar player or key contributor in Bon Jovi.

It is a personal matter. Unlike Jon, he is just choosing to be a present father. If you would step back and realize that these are people with families, you might be able to see that Richie is not evil. Do you think Jon would want to be out on the road if Stephanie had OD'd while he was on tour?

Everyone's just blaming Jon because the management HE formed hardly gave any statement, TMZ received mass amounts of tweets and they decided to post a story. When you don't give any type of story and someone else offers a substantial report, it becomes reality and truth.

Last edited by RSROCKS; 04-05-2013 at 01:19 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Jovi FANatic

Really? Something happens in Richie's personal life, causing him to miss a few shows, and now this board is Jon vs. Richie?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
It's quite clear you are into "Jon can do no wrong". In fact, I've never seen you say anything remotely fair or nice about Richie and it's quite clear you don't think anything of him as a person, guitar player or key contributor in Bon Jovi.

It is a personal matter. Unlike Jon, he is just choosing to be a present father. If you would step back and realize that these are people with families, you might be able to see that Richie is not evil. Do you think Jon would want to be out on the road if Stephanie had OD'd while he was on tour?
You are wrong in thinking that I don't care nothing about Richie or he doesn't bring nothing to the band. That is further from the the truth but that was not the point. Why does it have to do with Jon? Why are there even all these theories of what happened and Jon is a wanker. Its simple, Richie is not there and the rest of the band have to carry on regardless but not everything has to fall back on Jon, Richie needs some of it too.

If its to do with his daughter or ex-wife, I applaud him for putting that first and I do know if what happened with Stephanie, happened while the band was on the road, Jon would have been gone too. Not my beef at all. Its mainly this finger pointing that goes on and the finger never gets pointed to Mr Sambora.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Lea jovi: So anyone around here can be offensive to evil Jon but it's not OK when it's about Richie? The truth is that though Jon isn't half the singer he used to be, the same goes with Sambora and his guitar skills. And yes AOTL is crap. You just need to read fan reviews talking about how it's genuine with heart and soul to understand it. When something is really good, you don't need to support it with such lousy arguments.
I guess it's a nice world cos there are so many different points of view.
I have come to realise I love AOTL!!

"You can only get so high, then you gotta come down"
Old 04-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
You are wrong in thinking that I don't care nothing about Richie or he doesn't bring nothing to the band. That is further from the the truth but that was not the point. Why does it have to do with Jon? Why are there even all these theories of what happened and Jon is a wanker. Its simple, Richie is not there and the rest of the band have to carry on regardless but not everything has to fall back on Jon, Richie needs some of it too.

If its to do with his daughter or ex-wife, I applaud him for putting that first and I do know if what happened with Stephanie, happened while the band was on the road, Jon would have been gone too. Not my beef at all. Its mainly this finger pointing that goes on and the finger never gets pointed to Mr Sambora.
I can understand this perception regarding Richie missing shows, but in the case of the rehab issue 2 years ago, my understanding was that Richie addressed the problem when it arose by proactively going to rehab, rather than becoming an increasing liability to the band by continuing to perform while in a bad way. At least, that's the feeling I got reading Jon's comments about Richie subsequently. As to this situation, if it /does/ have something to do with Richie's immediate family, good for him for taking the time he needs to get it straightened out. The only way I could see a finger being pointed at Richie as if we knew that he had been irresponsible in some way, but in both the case of 2011 and now, it /seems/ he is being proactive about whatever issues he's facing.

I should add: I think finger-pointing is justified toward both of them if the TMZ article paints a correct picture of their relationship.

Last edited by Mysterytrain; 04-05-2013 at 01:50 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
We could wait for an official announcement or continue to rip JBJ apart and make up shit about Richie?
Meant to be fans Ffs!!
Well said.

Dublin 1996/2000/2001/2003/2006/2008/2011*2/2019*2
Milton Keynes 2006 ~ San Sebastian 2011
Slane 2013 ~ Liverpool 2019 ~ Coventry 2019
Richie Sambora - London 2012 ~ Belfast 2014 ~ Dublin 2016
Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Breakout

The owner of Slane seems to think Richie will be back by then http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-29173202.html

"The latest news that I have is that he will be back for the summer"

Perhaps he is just trying to protect his revenue but is potentially a good sign.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I'm being serious.

Some are saying they won't go. You can't make a generalization about people then not back it up. Are Europeans such die hards that they'll support the band no matter what, or won't go to the shows if Richie's not there? And if it's neither, then stop yanking on the Americans for what they decide to do.

Sorry man - I'm sick of you shitting on Americans every chance you get.

Last edited by danfan; 04-05-2013 at 02:12 AM..