Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Vinyl

TV & Movies

Old 01-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Posting Always

Default Vinyl

Don't miss it! As mentioned here

*Sting mode on* I want my...I want my... I want my HBO!

Vinyl
HBO - Sunday February 14 at 9PM

Links to trailers and stuff

‘Vinyl,’ Backed by Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger, Looks at 1970s Rock
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24...w.nytimes.com/

Quote:
Soundtrack For Martin Scorsese's HBO Series 'Vinyl' Includes Otis Redding, The Meters, Edgar Winter, Foghat, More

18 January 2016 9:56 AM, PST | The Playlist | See recent The Playlist news »

2016 is the year of the music-driven TV series. Cameron Crowe will go behind the scenes with "Roadies," Baz Luhrmann hits the clubs with the '70s-set "The Get Down," and also taking place in the same era and scene is Martin Scorsese's "Vinyl." It arrives on HBO next month, and as you might expect, it'll have a lot of music from the period for viewers to dive into. Volume 1 of the soundtrack is stuffed with soul, blues and rock'n roll, with tracks by Otis Redding, The Meters, Edgar Winter, Foghat, Ruth Brown, and more. It also feature original music by the critically acclaimed country singer-songwriter Sturgill Simpson (who provides the show's theme song "Sugar Daddy") and The Nasty Bits, a group fronted by Mick Jagger's son James Jagger, who also appears on the show. Meanwhile, David Johansen has re-recorded some jams by New York Dolls. Beyond that, HBO »

- Kevin Jagernauth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270458/news

Trivia: The theme from Vinyl is "Sugar Daddy" by country singer-songwriter Sturgill Simpson.

---------------------------------------------------------

No release date for "Roadies" but stay tuned!

Quote:
Cameron Crowe Reveals How ‘Almost Famous’ Inspired His Showtime Series ‘Roadies’

12 January 2016 5:48 PM, PST | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Following major movie successes from “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” to “Jerry Maguire,” Cameron Crowe will make his television debut with Showtime’s “Roadies,” which premieres later this year. But his inspiration for his first TV show came from one of his most beloved films.

“I love music and I love stories where music is a character. I think over time I was struck how ‘Almost Famous’ spoke to people,” Crowe said Tuesday at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif., when asked why he wanted to create the show. “I wanted to revisit the world of writing about music,” he continued, “but in a contemporary setting.”

Crowe was also enticed by the television format, having more time to tell a story over the course of many episodes. “It was just a wonderful opportunity to tell a story that didn’t end at 90 minutes, but continued through chapters, »

- Elizabeth Wagmeister
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270458/news

Cameron Crowe on his new show Roadies, teaming with J.J. Abrams, and an awesome Axl Rose story

Last edited by Old Joysey; 01-24-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Posting Always

Nobody watched it?!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

If anyone is interested you can watch the episode for free on hbo.com, but you have to give them your personal info.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Jovi Geek

I did watch it. I liked it. I was a bit confused with the constant flashback vs current time. Will definitely keep watching it.