Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Motley Crue's STILL dissing Bon Jovi -- Give it a rest, guys!

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Motley Crue's STILL dissing Bon Jovi -- Give it a rest, guys!

My Facebook is turning up reports from Motley Crue fans that Vince Neil (who looks like he's swallowed a refrigerator in one gulp) is STILL dissing Bon Jovi onstage. Which would be pathetic enough if this wasn't their good riddance -- I mean, going out of business -- I mean, farewell tour. Grow up and shut up, you guys -- Bon Jovi out success-ed you fair and square!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-03-2014 at 07:38 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
My Facebook is turning up reports from Motley Crue fans that Vince Neil (who looks like he's swallowed a refrigerator in one gulp) is STILL dissing Bon Jovi onstage. Which would be pathetic enough if this wasn't their good riddance, I mean farewell tour. Grow up and shut up, guys -- Bon Jovi out success-ed you fair and square!

Great post this. Some info about your Facebook page, your opinion on it, a picture to beef things up and then nothing about the actual things Vince said.

But as for Bon Jovi "out succeeding them fair and square..." who gives a sh1t? That's irrelevant, really. Plenty of stars that have been critical about Bon Jovi have pretty much said the same things many die hards have said as well. I don't understand why people rate the opinion of a celebrity as more important or relevant than the one of your average Joe.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 09-03-2014 at 07:39 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
...(A)s for Bon Jovi "out succeeding them fair and square..." who gives a sh1t? That's irrelevant, really. Plenty of stars that have been critical about Bon Jovi have pretty much said the same things many die hards have said as well. I don't understand why people rate the opinion of a celebrity as more important or relevant than the one of your average Joe.
I couldn't agree more that's it's irrelevant -- but that's is all the more reason why it's high time that Vince found something else to talk about.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-04-2014 at 06:04 AM..
Old 09-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Motley Crue may be a bit of a joke but The Dirt was a great book and far more interesting than anything Bon Jovi have put into the literary world. And as for the music? where would the stripping world be without Dr Feelgood?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Great post this. Some info about your Facebook page, your opinion on it, a picture to beef things up and then nothing about the actual things Vince said.
Fair enough. The Facebook message doesn't mention what was said, but it does mention that he got the crowd to boo for Bon Jovi, so I think it's safe to presume it wasn't complimentary. Unless what actually happened is that he told them to say "Bruce" -- which would have been a even BIGGER diss! No, forget that: if Motley Crue were THAT clever, they WOULDN'T be having a "going out of business" tour...

P.S. If I hadn't posted the picture, you would have complained that I hadn't provided proof that Vince is "beefier" than he used to be!

Last edited by rocknation; 12-03-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Born to be my Baby

Can someone please here fill me in with the Motley Crue and Bon Jovi feud?
I saw a video with both of them back from 88 I think and I thought they were friends.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
Can someone please here fill me in with the Motley Crue and Bon Jovi feud?
I saw a video with both of them back from 88 I think and I thought they were friends.
In a nutshell, they had the same management, and as Bon Jovi's fame and fortune grew, the Crue started to feel, shall we say, a little neglected? Better yet, watch this video and pretend that the boy is Vince Neil, the new baby is Bon Jovi, and the mother is Doc McGhee!

Last edited by rocknation; 02-16-2016 at 04:17 AM..
Old 09-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

I think the crux of the problem started with Doc Magee at the Moscow Peace Festival but resentments were probably already there.

Quote:
Mötley Crüe have been on record stating they were upset with McGhee at this point in time. They felt McGhee was favoring Bon Jovi, whom he also managed, and whom Crüe disdained. When Bon Jovi closed the show, they used pyrotechnics, which Mötley Crüe had been told they could not do (McGhee claims it was a malfunction on one side of the stadium that he didn't hear because he was backstage). Sebastian Bach of Skid Row, whom McGhee also managed, says Tommy Lee went over to him and said "Your manager's a ****ing asshole" and chugged most of a bottle of vodka Bach had been drinking (up to this point, Lee has said, it was the first time the band had done a show sober). Then he ran up to McGhee, punched him in the face and told him he could go manage The Chipmunks because he was no longer Mötley Crüe's manager. Bon Jovi fired him as well shortly afterwards. Lee and his bandmates were still so angry they refused to fly home on the same plane as McGhee.[1]
There's a chunk in The Dirt where Tommy Lee explains in more detail what happened, it's hilarious to think he was at the side of stage fuming as Bon Jovi stole the show. http://youtu.be/-vaz7mPGu48
Old 09-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
I think the crux of the problem started with Doc Magee at the Moscow Peace Festival but resentments were probably already there.
That Moscow Peace Festival was exactly 25 years ago last month!

Jon said in an interview that the Crue were told no fireworks because there would be one big display at the end of the show representing all the bands. Someone pushed a button prematurely, thus the malfunction -- which is believable, since it went off before the end of their set.

P.S. Somebody told me back then that it's no accident that BJ's set ended up on one home videotape and the Crue's on the other. I called that a "ridiculous" conspiracy theory "even by MY standards!" But if they really did take separate flights home, why not?

Last edited by rocknation; 09-04-2014 at 06:07 AM..
Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 AM
Blaze of Posting

Motley Crue have been doing their "Come on people get up! This ain't a Bon Jovi show!" for years now! Sometimes to get them to rally up while Tommy gets out his titty cam. I went to a show on their Red, White and Crue tour where a small portion of the crowd started going "Bon Jovi, Bon Jovi!" and not one boob was seen on Tommy's titty cam. It was actually kind of embarrassing. Are they still doing that??....