Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora Honors Les Paul "July 22 & 23" NY - The Iridium

Tour Discussion

Old 07-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Where did you hear that there was a lot of Jon bashing? Was there anything more specific than that?

I texted a friend of mine who went to the Tuesday show and asked if Richie did any trash talking about Jon and she texted back, "none at all."

(She's another of us shameless "Richie girls" though so you may want to verify that! )
From someone who was also there.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:41 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
From someone who was also there.
For Pete's sake, this like pulling teeth!

Did "someone who was also there" say anything specifically about what Richie actually said? I'm curious. I'm not doubting your source and I wasn't trying to suggest that my source is better than yours. I couldn't tell from your original post if you had heard anything more specific than "a lot of Jon bashing" and if your information had come from a message board or twitter or what. If you know, I'd like to know what was said. That's all.

I wasn't arguing or saying that it didn't happen. I only texted my friend because I thought she could possibly "elaborate" as you requested. Just trying to answer your question. Since I wasn't there and couldn't "elaborate" personally I probably should have just stayed out of it. Lesson learned.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
Take away TD, Answer and Sugar Daddy and you have last night's set. Doors opened over an hour late, so show started late at 8:30 and was over right before 10 p.m. The surprise of the night was Marc Roberge (lead singer from OAR) singing Seven Years Gone with Richie. I'll see how it gets cut for the PBS show but at times it seemed a bit clumsy and Marc looked like he didn't know where Richie wanted him to sing. Richie messed up Lay Your Hands on Me so that one had to be started over. Good show, to me, not great, but it was good to see Richie. Oranthi seemed underutilized. Loved the drummer!

No Jon bashing but at times it was not easy to understand him. That's my take. I saw Kathleen and Paul so I'm sure they will have waaay more to add.
Deb's review pretty much sums up the first show. I agree that Orianthi is way underutilized and the drummer rocks (big time). I was not blown away by the guest but the evident clumsiness probably could have been avoided with a bit of practice.

Show two pretty much followed the songs that were one the European leg of the tour. We didn't get to hear The Answer which I was hoping for. There were only a few songs repeated in show two, Seven Years Gone, Stranger, and Every Road. I was only there for the second night but there was not a bit of Jon trash talking. Keep in mind that these shows were filmed for PBS Front and Center. Richie certainly didn't clean up his language for TV but then a good editor can deal with that.

Richie seemed very much "in the moment". His vocals were excellent as was his guitar work. I had hoped for a surprise song also but this was a safe set. It was excellent but not great - as in not goosebumps great. But no doubt it was solid - Richie came across well.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
For Pete's sake, this like pulling teeth!

Did "someone who was also there" say anything specifically about what Richie actually said? I'm curious. I'm not doubting your source and I wasn't trying to suggest that my source is better than yours. I couldn't tell from your original post if you had heard anything more specific than "a lot of Jon bashing" and if your information had come from a message board or twitter or what. If you know, I'd like to know what was said. That's all.

I wasn't arguing or saying that it didn't happen. I only texted my friend because I thought she could possibly "elaborate" as you requested. Just trying to answer your question. Since I wasn't there and couldn't "elaborate" personally I probably should have just stayed out of it. Lesson learned.
I simply saw a statement from somebody that was there that there was bashing but nothing specific. I did not have a conversation with them. I also heard for the 2nd night, there were no comments or bashing.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
I simply saw a statement from somebody that was there that there was bashing but nothing specific. I did not have a conversation with them. I also heard for the 2nd night, there were no comments or bashing.
Thanks! I don't think videos were allowed so I guess all we'll get is comments from attendees.

Kathleen and Deb, thanks for your reviews, too!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Born to be my Baby

The Iridium shows will be broadcasted on December 2nd

http://www.frontandcenter.com/front-...n-debut-month/
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Undiscovered Posts

great look, richie is cool man
Old 09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by anameli View Post
great look, richie is cool man
Not as cool as you
Old 10-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Price of posting

Seven Years Gone Live (TV broadcast)
Old 10-18-2014, 03:26 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Seven Years Gone Live (TV broadcast) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vNL...e_gdata_player
While he's slurring a bunch I really liked this. I like this guy from O.A.R, the extended breakdown made me really miss Richie interacting with Jon like that but some parts of this gave me goosebumps.