Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule225 View Post
Oh, please.

Anyone can claim to know anything on the internet. But the truth is, anyone with legitimate knowledge of the situation is not posting it in comment sections and on message boards.
I totally agree...and I hope come Thursday night this guy turns out to be right and I don't look like a colossal moron. I apologize a million times in advance if this is the case. This guy also was right about the Carmelo Anthony trade to the New York Knicks well before the media got a hold of it. He is personal friends with Walt Clyde Frazier, who gets told about all of this stuff apparently.

I'm not claiming I'm 100% percent accurate. Any good news is good news at this point. And let's be honest, this is all common sense. If he DOESN'T play MetLife, will the fans forgive him completely? I think not, and I don't think I can either. This is your HOME state. And MSG isn't even on the schedule yet. One conspiracy theory floating around is that this RadarOnline article is to get people riled up for MetLife...

Now the examiner is reposting everything http://www.examiner.com/article/bon-...n-alleged-feud

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-25-2013 at 12:43 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADime View Post
I don't know how to process this.

According to this guy, Richie is in NJ as of last night....

I really hope he is right. I held out until a week ago to get tickets to the 27th as I was waiting for some sort of official news from the band. The whole Hyde Park fiasco didn't help. I got tickets because of this guys information.
There is a picture of Richie in West Hollywood with Nikki and Sean Borg filming a TV spot for Japan TV. I think your guy is wrong.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

I've had people telling me shit as well, but you don't see me posting it all over the place. I don't really trust anything at this point anyway. Now, not only you claim to know about Richie coming back for the New Jersey shows, apparently you can also turn into a fly on the wall and know what the band members say to each other. Jule is right, people who have insider info don't post it around. And may I also add they shouldn't, especially if it's personal. Anyway, thanks for sharing and all, but I'm not buying that either, sorry.

ANYHOW, the home-state argument is utter BS. We're not playing Risiko here, and people got screwed with no lube all over the world. I honestly find it very unlikely (not to say impossible) for Richie to do a couple shows, then stay at home and come back in September. Makes no sense to me and it would make even less sense to the band, the fans and anyone really. I'm not trying to jinx it for you and your show, but at the end of the day, the sooner you come to terms with that, the less disappointed you will be anyway.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
There is a picture of Richie in West Hollywood with Nikki and Sean Borg filming a TV spot for Japan TV. I think your guy is wrong.
Oh crap....source of the picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
I've had people telling me shit as well, but you don't see me posting it all over the place. I don't really trust anything at this point anyway. Now, not only you claim to know about Richie coming back for the New Jersey shows, apparently you can also turn into a fly on the wall and know what the band members say to each other. Jule is right, people who have insider info don't post it around. And may I also add they shouldn't, especially if it's personal. Anyway, thanks for sharing and all, but I'm not buying that either, sorry.

ANYHOW, the home-state argument is utter BS. We're not playing Risiko here, and people got screwed with no lube all over the world. I honestly find it very unlikely (not to say impossible) for Richie to do a couple shows, then stay at home and come back in September. Makes no sense to me and it would make even less sense to the band, the fans and anyone really. I'm not trying to jinx it for you and your show, but at the end of the day, the sooner you come to terms with that, the less disappointed you will be anyway.
Normally I would agree, but I raise a couple points. Number one, this leg ends after MetLife. The next leg starts in September, which is probably why Richie was saying September. Number 2, about the insider information, this is no different that the morons at RadarOnline posting their "insider" information. I am posting this because enough is enough. In 2011, we were told why Richie left. This time around they tell us nothing. As the fans, we are OWED some sort of explanation. Nothing personal, but some closure would be nice.

And as I have said before, I am not buying this either. But I got tickets for the 27th because of this guy's information. Probably not the smartest thing ever....

If I turn out to be correct...lovely. If this guy turns out to be wrong, then I look like an idiot. It's simple. I have been a Bon Jovi fan my entire life and if this situation ends Bon Jovi I won't be able to accept it.

Matt's idiotic tweets don't help things either...

It's magic like this that makes this band great, and I hope they keep rocking into the Hall of Fame (which they should be in already).

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-25-2013 at 01:01 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

I thought about a 12 hour drive and tickets for the 27th and talked myself out of it, if close would go for the band but not that far without Richie. I don't think the source is right, more Nikki/Yoko press going on, Ava at her Dad's. Yes, he could be east coast in 6 hours but don't feel it will be so. Phil X not giving anything away, never does when people ask if for example he's excited about Jersey. Keep calling Jersey Richies home, is his roots but sadly what I feel now is that he is all LA and he didn't do Staples. As to fashion in Aug., band on break all month anyway. I think if at all the soonest will be Sept. If he shows on the 27th, I'll be so ticked I didn't take a leap. But, he is in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't position now anyway. Saw an old video on fb today from 09 when Jon talks about the Circle, as he put it Jersey style is so hard to get in the circle and even harder to get out of it. Says alot about BJ - whole BJ not like now.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
Oh crap....source of the picture?

Normally I would agree, but I raise a couple points. Number one, this leg ends after MetLife. The next leg starts in September, which is probably why Richie was saying September. Number 2, about the insider information, this is no different that the morons at RadarOnline posting their "insider" information. I am posting this because enough is enough. In 2011, we were told why Richie left. This time around they tell us nothing. As the fans, we are OWED some sort of explanation. Nothing personal, but some closure would be nice.
Exactly. What's the point in doing the first leg of a tour, missing out on the second, the third and all of the fourth except for the last two shows? I don't see Richie coming back in the middle of a leg (let alone at the end of it), especially when there's a break of one month and a half right after that.
About the insider information, as you said, they're morons for doing what they do. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna be in their same category. I understand you're a fan, so your interests should be different from theirs ($$$), of course.
I'm not sure "owed" is the right word, but I see what you're saying and I agree that it would be nice if they told us something.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
Exactly. What's the point in doing the first leg of a tour, missing out on the second, the third and all of the fourth except for the last two shows? I don't see Richie coming back in the middle of a leg (let alone at the end of it), especially when there's a break of one month and a half right after that.
About the insider information, as you said, they're morons for doing what they do. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna be in their same category. I understand you're a fan, so your interests should be different from theirs ($$$), of course.
I'm not sure "owed" is the right word, but I see what you're saying and I agree that it would be nice if they told us something.
I agree that it would look not-that-great to come back for two shows at the end of the leg (perhaps implying by doing so that the rest of that leg wasn't worth coming back for)--but I can also see that things re: communication between Jon and Richie may change quickly or accelerate after how Saratoga was perceived. If Richie returns for the Jersey shows, they could stress the whole 'hometown-New Jersey' angle in terms of PR. Then, the break in August as planned, Richie does fashion, then he returns again in September as he alluded to before. Wishful thinking on my part, probably. As for the photo of Richie, Sean Borg, and Nikki: Was that actually taken in the past 24 hours? I know it was posted today, but it could have been taken earlier.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterytrain View Post
I agree that it would look not-that-great to come back for two shows at the end of the leg (perhaps implying by doing so that the rest of that leg wasn't worth coming back for)--but I can also see that things re: communication between Jon and Richie may change quickly or accelerate after how Saratoga was perceived. If Richie returns for the Jersey shows, they could stress the whole 'hometown-New Jersey' angle in terms of PR. Then, the break in August as planned, Richie does fashion, then he returns again in September as he alluded to before. Wishful thinking on my part, probably. As for the photo of Richie, Sean Borg, and Nikki: Was that actually taken in the past 24 hours? I know it was posted today, but it could have been taken earlier.
When that photo is taken is the key to everything. Communication between everyone must have changed or accelerated. Darien was supposed to be the same thing as Saratoga and we saw how that changed quickly. Somebody must have told Jon, "listen we cant do this crap again" or something like that. People paid for Bon Jovi not for Bon Jovi with Kings of Suburbia. Now Bon Jovi and Sugarland would be different.......hey I can dream
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
When that photo is taken is the key to everything. Communication between everyone must have changed or accelerated. Darien was supposed to be the same thing as Saratoga and we saw how that changed quickly. Somebody must have told Jon, "listen we cant do this crap again" or something like that. People paid for Bon Jovi not for Bon Jovi with Kings of Suburbia. Now Bon Jovi and Sugarland would be different.......hey I can dream
I don't think that's so far out of the realm of possibility. Jon can do what he wants. He could have repeated the KOS/Jovi formula the following night. Instead, many fans said that they found the idea of Jon being onstage before the Jovi show with KOS to be not-as-exciting--Jon can't make that entrance onto the stage with Jovi to the same applause if he's already been onstage with KOS! Might not have the same 'effect' (imo). Also, some said they wouldn't mind KOS as an opener, but didn't want to see them onstage all night.

So, what happens at Darien? KOS opens with no Jon. Jon appears with Bon Jovi, they do a Jovi set (and apparently just a couple of songs with KOS).
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Breakout

I have a thought..

Have Richie play his solo stuff to open for Bon Jovi. It would make up for his solo tour going to crap. And then afterwards he plays with the rest of the guys.

That is my fantasy for MetLife.