No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 05-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 View Post
Looking at this rationally, Richie is looking worse and worse.
Yes he is. But over the years I have read many interviews that show (or imply) that Richie is a flake. Or if flake is the wrong word, perhaps not as serious about the band as the others were. There were interviews that he has shown up late for and Jon's comment was "That's our Richie".

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Considering the possibility of the issue being between Richie and Jon, it's interesting to watch this interview from before the tour started. At 7:50 when giving advice for success, Jon seems sullen when he says have band members that you like and that he thinks he got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Yes he is. But over the years I have read many interviews that show (or imply) that Richie is a flake. Or if flake is the wrong word, perhaps not as serious about the band as the others were. There were interviews that he has shown up late for and Jon's comment was "That's our Richie".
But Richie's goofiness is part of his charm. With this current situation though, he is really shedding a poor light on himself with his stupid tweets. I keep waiting for him to apologize for letting fans down, but instead he tells us how great he's doing.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
The shows would be pathetic even with Richie. Jon's the issue, Phil X is covering just fine.
Been to any or are you judging them by a blurred wobbly camera view on YouTube?

Yes. Thought so.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

I would turn gay for Richie Sambora, I honestly think the guy is amazing and would blindly defend anything he does. I also don't like Jon much, given his ego, his CEO stuff, the "me" instead of "the band" stuff etc, but even I'm now starting to get p*ssed off with Richie.

I agree his tweets are not coming over in a good light at the moment, at first I was happy to hear from him and that he seemed well, but lately I'm coming round to the notion that they're a bit of a two fingers to everyone.

Yes it's apparently a personal issue, but surely he must know how long he is going to be out for. At least give some sort of clue. And if he has chucked it, which it more and more starts to seem like, just come out and say it.

I now agree Richie needs to speak. And I'm actually starting to feel a bit of sympathy for Jon *gulp*. That p*sses me off even more.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm123 View Post
Why shut up? That's a good thing if you haven't realized richie is the guitarist for a band called Bon Jovi...if he's playing again then he may be ready to come back
Before I get accused of reading too much into things, lets look at facts...

Richie is tweeting rather infrequently. One of the rumours I've heard in the last two days is that he needs some sort of procedure to correct something that makes it impossible for him to play guitar. This rumour has come from an ex-colleague and apparently it's doing the rounds.

I hear that a couple of days back and now a tweet about how Rockbridge guitars are killer... totally set off alarm bells in my head.

It's not impossible that Richie has heard this, seeing as it's something the press are discussing 'privately'. This tweet kind of cuts that rumour dead. It's like every time Jon speaks to the press about it, Richie creates his own 'press release' through Twitter. It seems a little like these guys are playing chess at the moment.

If this is the case and I am running out of any other ideas - I wish they'd just f*cking speak to each other and stop behaving like five year-olds.

The other fact that backs this up is, no one seems to know when he will be back, which lends itself to the possibility that this was all on a whim because he demanded to play some solo songs or he wanted a night off for this or that. I think this is definitely linked to Richie's solo album and the timing of What About Now & the tour.

OR... maybe the rumour I heard is true and Richie's just working out the geeetar muscles ready for IOW...

Last edited by Beaky; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I think 2014 should be the Bon Jovi - Because We're Sorry tour. They need to do shows at every single city that Richie's missed, both on this tour and in 2011.

"We don't wanna give another sub-standard concert
We wanna rock, not just bore the crowd to tears
Wanna make sure Richie gets his ass back on the tour bus
We ain't a failure but we're here to make it up
Because We're Sorry"
June 29th, 2011: Dublin, Ireland
June 30th, 2011: Dublin Ireland
November 13th, 2012: Los Angeles, California (Richie solo)
April 19th, 2013: Los Angeles, California (With Phil X)
April 23rd, 2013: Glendale, Arizona (With Phil X)

Last edited by bonjovi821; 05-16-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Old 05-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
Before I get accused of reading too much into things, lets look at facts...

Richie is tweeting rather infrequently. One of the rumours I've heard in the last two days is that he needs some sort of procedure to correct something that makes it impossible for him to play guitar. This rumour has come from an ex-colleague and apparently it's doing the rounds.

I hear that a couple of days back and now a tweet about how Rockbridge guitars are killer... totally set off alarm bells in my head.

It's not impossible that Richie has heard this, seeing as it's something the press are discussing 'privately'. This tweet kind of cuts that rumour dead. It's like every time Jon speaks to the press about it, Richie creates his own 'press release' through Twitter. It seems a little like these guys are playing chess at the moment.

If this is the case and I am running out of any other ideas - I wish they'd just f*cking speak to each other and stop behaving like five year-olds.

The other fact that backs this up is, no one seems to know when he will be back, which lends itself to the possibility that this was all on a whim because he demanded to play some solo songs or he wanted a night off for this or that. I think this is definitely linked to Richie's solo album and the timing of What About Now & the tour.

OR... maybe the rumour I heard is true and Richie's just working out the geeetar muscles ready for IOW...
Jon does shows with the king of suburbian. Richie has the right to do the same with his solo band.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Jon does shows with the king of suburbian. Richie has the right to do the same with his solo band.
I agree but it's not me Richie has 'personal issues' with.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Price of posting

We do not know.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
We do not know.
Best post ever.