Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Dying for news on the next release!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:13 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
I was searching online yesterday and came up blank.

I'm sure we'll hear something in September.

I just hope that they don't pull the plug on this project due to lack of sales from the NJ release
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I was searching online yesterday and came up blank.

I'm sure we'll hear something in September.

I just hope that they don't pull the plug on this project due to lack of sales from the NJ release
Does anyone know total sales for the Deluxe / Super Deluxe. Whilst a lot of it was recycled material, I wonder how many WW sales were needed to break even. Does anyone have any idea?

Obviously another release is unlikely to be issued if it actually loses money / makes so little profit so not worth putting the resource towards.
Huddersfield - 13th June 2001
Milton Keynes - 16th June 2001
London - 28th June 2003
Manchester - 4th June 2006
Manchester - 22nd June 2008
Chicago - 30th July 2010
Manchester - 24th June 2011
Manchester - 8th June 2013
Glasgow - 3rd July 2014 (Richie)
Leeds - 15th October 2016 (Richie)
Liverpool - 19th June 2019
Old 08-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
Me too ! Are we expecting another deluxe edition of a different album ? Or a decent live dvd ? Hammersmith ? Box set ? Mmmmmn , i wonder . Getting bored although stiil loving sons of beaches and play most days still
Old 08-28-2014, 05:15 PM
The Distance

I'm sure we'll get some news soon. The reason why we got the NJ news early and basically how this topic got started was because the info was leaked over an old school picture.

Which reminds me, did anyone go back to the Son Of Beaches booklet and check to see if that leaked picture which was posted on-line was the same one used in the booklet? I believe that picture was from the Hammersmith show...

Although Hammersmith might be the greatest live Bon Jovi show ever, especially in terms of something outside the norm, I doubt we'll ever get it. Not that I'd rule it out but I think it's a complete long shot, although I hope I'm wrong.

Whatever the next project is though, I believe Obie worked on it already and it is completed. Yes, album sales are the main goal however this is supposed to be a gift to die-hards for the 30th anniversary plus it's a way to keep Bon Jovi on the map in-between albums so I doubt they'd shelf it.

I just think that Jon and people are on summer vacation and it's on hold until September. They are still somewhat promoting Sons Of Beaches too. They have that online autograph contest that just ended last week. Regardless of how the album does, it still has to run its course and it was only released a month and a half ago. I'd say at least three months between projects with an announcement around 2 months.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Keep the Faith

I'd say one project per year. We won't get anything new before next year.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:58 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I'd say one project per year. We won't get anything new before next year.
One per year? What if they do all 12 albums?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Jovi FANatic

i really believe that if there is clear loud message about what shows we would like to be released there eould be chances we would get them. hammersmith being the holy grail...
i mean i see banners in shows requesting who says to be played...its a mediocre song that is played at every show...you dont have to request it...sometimes i wonder whats jon thinks of his past albums/tours etc and if he is aware about how much more fans would like to witness wembley full, hammersmith, giants 89 and other shows like these...
in this age with you tube there are many shows available from all the eras in questionable quality so i truly believe that they should/could release a dvd from each era, and show how good they used to be live...it could be available for downloading for example and it would cost them minimum
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
One per year? What if they do all 12 albums?
Then they got 12 years to sort things out

But I don't believe in another outtake-album. Because I don't believe there are too many demos in appropriate quality left.
The band doesn't like the first two albums. So why should they release material they don't stand behind or are even embarrassed listening to?
Slippery might be an album they could do something similar with. But Slippery has always been THE album every other Bon Jovi record was measured by. To me it would have been logical to start with Slippery if they really planned to do this thing with every album.
Since the beginning they told the story that New Jersey was meant to be a double album. So for 25 years fans were curious how the second part of that great album would sound like. The album even had a title without being released. So when you think about it nowadays it's not that much of a surprise that one time or another this album finds its way out of the vault.
Besides, most of those demos already leaked years ago. If that many demos in this quality would exist of other albums, I think we would already have them. But as far as I'm concerned the biggest bunch of (other than NJ) demos we got are the basement sessions and production demos from Slippery...and there aren't too many songs that didn't end as an b-side somewhere.
With Keep The Faith I somehow don't think there are too many demos left. Back then it was quite common to put demos and outtakes on the b-side of the singles. Between 1992 - 1994 we mostly got live tracks. Many Slippery and New Jersey demos leaked but Keep The Faith?
These Days is the only other album I could think of a similiar box. During that time they were writing like hell. And most of the songs on the 2004 Box Set I guess were from that period respectively from 1994 - 1996. So that's a thing I could imagine.
With Crush and Bounce enough outtakes were given out. And with the albums not having that status like the old ones I don't think there are any plans. And with all records afterwards I don't think they even recorded (many) demos. Sometime between Have A Nice Day and The Circle I remember reading an interview with Richie about their way of working these days and he said that they know what makes a good song so they directly record the songs without doing demos and production demos and stuff like that. And I think we all agree that one can hear that. If they had taken a little more time working on those songs...
Old 08-29-2014, 01:33 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Then they got 12 years to sort things out

But I don't believe in another outtake-album. Because I don't believe there are too many demos in appropriate quality left.
The band doesn't like the first two albums. So why should they release material they don't stand behind or are even embarrassed listening to?
Slippery might be an album they could do something similar with. But Slippery has always been THE album every other Bon Jovi record was measured by. To me it would have been logical to start with Slippery if they really planned to do this thing with every album.
Since the beginning they told the story that New Jersey was meant to be a double album. So for 25 years fans were curious how the second part of that great album would sound like. The album even had a title without being released. So when you think about it nowadays it's not that much of a surprise that one time or another this album finds its way out of the vault.
Besides, most of those demos already leaked years ago. If that many demos in this quality would exist of other albums, I think we would already have them. But as far as I'm concerned the biggest bunch of (other than NJ) demos we got are the basement sessions and production demos from Slippery...and there aren't too many songs that didn't end as an b-side somewhere.
With Keep The Faith I somehow don't think there are too many demos left. Back then it was quite common to put demos and outtakes on the b-side of the singles. Between 1992 - 1994 we mostly got live tracks. Many Slippery and New Jersey demos leaked but Keep The Faith?
These Days is the only other album I could think of a similiar box. During that time they were writing like hell. And most of the songs on the 2004 Box Set I guess were from that period respectively from 1994 - 1996. So that's a thing I could imagine.
With Crush and Bounce enough outtakes were given out. And with the albums not having that status like the old ones I don't think there are any plans. And with all records afterwards I don't think they even recorded (many) demos. Sometime between Have A Nice Day and The Circle I remember reading an interview with Richie about their way of working these days and he said that they know what makes a good song so they directly record the songs without doing demos and production demos and stuff like that. And I think we all agree that one can hear that. If they had taken a little more time working on those songs...
All excellent points but there is still a ton of stuff out there. If they fall short on some albums they could make it up with live stuff.

Tags
deluxe edition, new jersey (album)