Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
Yep...good way of putting it...since 2000 onwards, Jon has struck me as, how to put this in words...would make more sense if I was in front of you saying it....as someone who is trying to be uber cool and on top of his game to the point that is too obvious...cause if you are uber cool, you don't have to try so hard to convince people you are.
And the thing about this is, those of us who know better can see right through it and to those that don't he comes off like an ass.

Last edited by JoviJovi; 04-26-2013 at 04:20 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
Who doesn't want to be that guy?
i don't want to be that guy!

A 60-year old grandfather plowing me is not my idea of a night out! But, each to their own Ron

Jovi
Old 04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
Agreed... but my point was that Matt's reaction shows he doesn't actually know exactly when Richie is back; otherwise his reaction would have been more dismissive, rather than 'tell me more... '
Agreed! On the other hand we're talking about Matt, the PR genius, aren't we? Still strange though...
Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, over-produced, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.
Totally irrelevant but why not.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
This is interesting and I think most of us can say that we have seen some of the things Jon does on stage and in interviews and thought, ouch. The trouble is, it all depends on the dynamics of their friendships and/or their working relationships. Perhaps as friends those kinds of looks, slight put downs, or whatever else are acceptable. If my best mate was like that, at some point I would have accepted him as my best mate for who he is so could probably deal with it. But if you did it for example, ooo, I would tell my mom on your or something. So it depends, if they are the great friends they say they are then those little things are probably cool, but if they are more distant then it could be a problem.

The same goes for their working relationship. If that kind of thing is acceptable to them it is probably something they know about, deal with, or are not even bothered by. If it is a relatively new thing then it could cause issue.

In terms of the amp blowing out in London, I don't think Jon was pissed with Richie, I think he was pissed with the amp, or even whoever set it up. As he was talking to Richie it seemed like the anger wasn't at him, but for me he was just asking him questions while angry at something or someone else, which is still wrong as it is no ones fault really.

The press conference thing when he kind of interrupts when Richie talks is tense though. Richie looks uncomfortable after it. I have not watched it today, but if I remember he kind of shuffles in his seat, looks around excessively and starts doing something with his mouth. He certainly did not appear to like that.

The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.
Just youtube'd the Old Time Rock And Roll video. Best part of it is the way Richie laughs, he's blatantly just thinking wow Jon's a ****
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Wouldn't Jon have thanked Phil properly last night if it was his last show?
plus.. wouldn't he have at least mentioned Richie?
he could have but my guess is that Jon himself doesn't know when Richie will be back.

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Price of posting

What is the worst tour of Bon Jovi?

Undoubtedly, Because We Can Tour.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

We'll know alot more in a week or so. I'd be shocked if Richie doesn't return for the next leg (South Africa and Europe)....I was just in Vegas, I shoulda bet on it!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to peewee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IML88 View Post
Just youtube'd the Old Time Rock And Roll video. Best part of it is the way Richie laughs, he's blatantly just thinking wow Jon's a ****
May I ask which one is that? I just youtube'd a few but can't get to the one you mention.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
i don't want to be that guy!

A 60-year old grandfather plowing me is not my idea of a night out! But, each to their own Ron

Jovi
Fussy f**ker.