Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jon Bon Jovi: My daughter took heroin in a pill

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Jon Bon Jovi: My daughter took heroin in a pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/25/jon-bon-jovi-my-daughter-took-heroin-in-a-pill-3365635/

...Rocker Jon Bon Jovi’s teenage daughter took heroin in a pill when she overdosed in her college dorm...

Stephanie Bongiovi, 19, was found ‘unresponsive’ when medics arrived at 2am at Hamilton College, in upstate New York, in November.

Being less than 8oz of the drug, police dropped charges due to a good Samaritan drug law introduced a year ago. This encourages people in such circumstances to call for emergency help without fear of being sent to prison. In this case, it was Stephanie’s friend, Ian Grant, 21, who made that call and she has a lot to thank him for.

Now more than two months on from that night, the 50-year-old Bon Jovi frontman’s eldest daughter is doing well.

"She’s good. She’s getting through it," Jon told me when I chatted with him at his London hotel this week. "Children don’t come with a manual. Every day is a learning experience and things happen.

"She’s healthy. The greatest gift that I have is that I have her. We’ll get through this. It was a shock for everybody and hopefully we learn from these life lessons."

When I asked him about how she came by heroin, he said: "It wasn’t what you see in the movies," as he pointed to his upper arm. "It’s a pill form that these kids have access to. It was the first and hopefully the last time."
I actually feel kind of relieved to hear that it wasn't a deliberate injection -- maybe it's because I'd hate to think she'd be that dumb. But the implications of heroin now being available in pills are extremely disturbing.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-24-2017 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Do we really need to be talking about Jons kids on this board? This isn't a gossip forum, its a music forum.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Something for the Posts

This is a Bon Jovi forum, and a member of Bon Jovi has voluntarily made statements to the media (he had the option of saying "No comment") regarding a member of his immediate family (who, at age 19, is legally an adult in America). Besides, I appreciate his letting the public know how Stephanie and the rest of the family are doing in the aftermath, and his warning us that heroin pills might become the next recreational drug craze.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-26-2017 at 08:29 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
But the implications of heroin now being available in pills are extremely disturbing.

Heroin was invented as a PILL (or water soluble powder) by BAYER, the same company that invented ASPIRIN. It was meant as a cough medicine was available on prescription.

Just saying...

Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

That is correct. During WW II, heroin pills were given to soldiers on guard to prevent them from coughing and subsequently, from alerting the enemy. So the formula is not a newly invented one.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Heroin was invented as a PILL (or water soluble powder) by BAYER, the same company that invented ASPIRIN. It was meant as a cough medicine was available on prescription.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
That is correct. During WW II, heroin pills were given to soldiers on guard to prevent them from coughing and subsequently, from alerting the enemy. So the formula is not a newly invented one.
Yeah, but that heroin was made LEGALLY, and presumably with some standards of quality control: I doubt that the pill that Stephanie took was. If the dope dealers are finding it to be more profitable to turn heroin into pills -- and have started peddling them to college kids -- that IS something to be disturbed about.

Last edited by rocknation; 11-18-2015 at 08:19 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Sounds like heroin's not the only thing that's being turned into pills these days. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Sounds like heroin's not the only thing that's being turned into pills these days. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

DRUGS ARE BAD!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:

I'm guessing it's an awesome buzz then?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Yeah, but that heroin was made LEGALLY: I doubt that the pill that Stephanie took was.
What difference does the legal status of it make in regards to its effects on the body? Are you worried that Stephanie might have gotten ripped off with some shitty b-class rock or is there something I'm missing here?