Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Do you think they've hung out?

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox
Default Do you think they've hung out?

Since the tour ended, do you think any of the band members have hung out? Does Jon ever pick up the phone and call Tico just to see how he's doing?

What do you think their relationship is like when they aren't working? Do Jon, Dave and Tico all hang out together and complain about Richie? Or do Tico and Dave hang out and complain about their boss?

What do you guys imagine the brotherhood is like when they aren't touring or recording?

Old 09-29-2014, 09:20 AM
These Days

I think they're forced to spend so much time together away from their loved ones (especially this past decade, considering they all have kids now), so my guess would be no.

A brief call/email to check what's up? Sure, Jon probably does that as a good boss, but I'd be shocked if they hang out just for the sake of it.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Blaze of Posting

I wouldn't be surprised if when more than one of them is in the same town at the same time they exchange a "whutup!" and maybe hang out for a bit, but I don't see them going out of their way to get together and hang out, go to a bar or anything like that! Jon and Richie used to do that all the way up to 2007, but I doubt that's going on now....
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Outside of the album / touring process I very much doubt they as much as email each other. Familiarity breeds contempt.

The fact people actually fell for the idea that Jon & Richie were best friends is laughable. They could barely hide their contempt for each other on stage most of the time.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post

The fact people actually fell for the idea that Jon & Richie were best friends is laughable. They could barely hide their contempt for each other on stage most of the time.
You really think so?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
You really think so?
Nearly all of their stage interactions were choreographed and happened at the same time every night. Apart from that I didn't see a lot to convince me that they were friends. The whole blood brother / best friends nonsense was not something that I cared for anyway, this is rock & Roll. Tension is not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Jovi FANatic

these guys have been together for 30 years now, grew up together. they know each other better than anyone else after all this time..after all these years its logical you ll be tired of the other guys and want to expand your circle, your kids grow up and your family grows as well.
these guys and especially jon and richie have dealt with super success, fame, ego, money, women, managers and stayed together, there were obviously fights but stayed together and after 30 years the only cacophony is these random comments from both sides which i m sure they regretted it.
people grow in different paces, and richie just couldnt keep up with that pace anymore, he handled it poorly but i m sure they will come close again in the future.
i may be naive to some but i believe about the bond between them, i m sure they have their lows but they could quit in the 80s if they couldnt stand each other, they could quit after crossroad, they stayed together and believing its only about the money its a cynical way to approach life.
ps,tension in a band is the base of creativity, with numerous examples, tension doesnt mean the friendship is fake...have you ever seen them play friends with hugh? or anyone else?

Last edited by nikos greece; 09-29-2014 at 06:57 PM..
Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
Outside of the album / touring process I very much doubt they as much as email each other. Familiarity breeds contempt.

While I don't think it's as bad as that there's a video of the two of them in Conan in 2003. Richie cracks a joke and makes the angriest face I've ever seen and mutters under his breath. It's weird when they let their guard down.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
While I don't think it's as bad as that there's a video of the two of them in Conan in 2003. Richie cracks a joke and makes the angriest face I've ever seen and mutters under his breath. It's weird when they let their guard down.
Link?????????
Old 09-29-2014, 07:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
Link?????????
I'm at work so can't get to Youtube until I'm home. It's easily findable, sorry.