Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jon Bon Jovi and KOS charity show July 30th at Count Basie

Tour Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

American Pie:

I could absolutely listen to this Jon. Is there a higher quality version?

Found one:

Last edited by jesyjames; 07-31-2014 at 08:50 AM..

Old 07-31-2014, 11:09 AM
Posting everyday

In comparison to those KOS shows early this year his tone is much more bearable to me. And I always loved the tune American Pie, so I don't mind that he went for this one
Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyjames View Post
American Pie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoIHqhYIVA

I could absolutely listen to this Jon. Is there a higher quality version?

Found one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ8-AnKMuQY
Like it; Jon sounds good on this one certainly.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:39 PM
The Distance

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Watching a video on-line verses being there in person are two completely different experiences...

I totally enjoyed the KOS show. Southside Johnny was his special guest. Jon actually sounded somewhat decent. He can't hit a high note to save his ass but his middle range tone sounded great. Jon could still sing...The entire encour was the highlight for me. Him and SSJ did "Talk To Me" which sounded fantastic. Then they did 634-5789 which I never liked but for some reason, this came across amazing live. SSJ adds to the flavor, as well as the NJ audience. Finally, Jon ended it with the Don McLean's cover of American Pie! It was perfect for Jon's voice and a great way to end the show.

I really hope that once all the live-stream songs surface on YouTube, the performances come across the same way as I saw them. If you are a fan, this show is a must see. It's great to see Jon do something outside the scope of Bon Jovi. After two hours, I actually wanted to see more.

I totally like this Jon. Grey hair and everything. Jon looked well rested and in great shape. His voice sounded so much better and it was actually tolerable (as long as he didn't hit high notes). I would love a solo tour

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-31-2014 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by safi View Post
the setlist should be:

Sgt Pepper (Bobby)
House Party
Lost Highway
Whole lot of leaving
Pretty woman
Everyday people
Old time rock and roll
Bad Name
Peace love and understanding
I'm your man
We got it going on
Under pressure
Baba O'Reilly (Bobby)
Southside Johnny - Night & Day
Southside Johnny - What'd I say?
The letter (with SSJ)
Who Says
Bad Medicine

Living on a Prayer
Because we can
Talk to me (with SSJ)
634-5789

American Pie
Not that it matters but SSJ also did Big Boss Man after Baba O'Reilly
Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Watching a video on-line verses being there in person are two completely different experiences...

I totally enjoyed the KOS show. Southside Johnny was his special guest. Jon actually sounded somewhat decent. He can't hit a high note to save his ass but his middle range tone sounded great. Jon could still sing...The entire encour was the highlight for me. Him and SSJ did "Talk To Me" which sounded fantastic. Then they did 634-5789 which I never liked but for some reason, this came across amazing live. SSJ adds to the flavor, as well as the NJ audience. Finally, Jon ended it with the Don McLean's cover of American Pie! It was perfect for Jon's voice and a great way to end the show.

I really hope that once all the live-stream songs surface on YouTube, the performances come across the same way as I saw them. If you are a fan, this show is a must see. It's great to see Jon do something outside the scope of Bon Jovi. After two hours, I actually wanted to see more.

I totally like this Jon. Grey hair and everything. Jon looked well rested and in great shape. His voice sounded so much better and it was actually tolerable (as long as he didn't hit high notes). I would love a solo tour
I agree, I had a great time.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

Sounds good. Glad that you enjoyed it. Always loved American Pie since it is a homage to Buddy Holly.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Glad to hear that those who went enjoyed it. I'm just not a huge fan of a setlist that has that many covers unfortunately . Having said that, 'American Pie' sounded very good. Enjoyed Jons vocals on it. Seemed much more fresh than on the BCW tour. He looks good too!

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 07-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I would have to say that my reaction to last nights show was pretty much the same as my reaction to the last Bon Jovi show I saw at Mohegan Sun last October. You can read that one here:

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...37#post1155437

I was expecting a low energy show from a group of musicians that have been labeled local non-professionals and from a lead singer who can't sing any more. However I support my Jersey charities so I went.

Nothing could have been further from the reality. This was a high energy show that I thoroughly enjoyed. Yes there were a lot of covers but for me, who has seen far too many Bon Jovi shows over the years (along with the static setlists) I loved that the show was completely different.

I am also a Southside Johnny fan so I was delighted that he was here. When he and Jon did Talk to Me I was blown away. Those of you that know me may remember my "Talk to Me" uploads to Dime from old tapes of Southside.

And I have to give a big hand to Lorenza on Baba O'Reilly. As far as I'm concerned she gets the "solo of the evening" award. It was spectacular.

Jon does not have upper register that he once had and he sounds far better when he really uses the octaves that now suit him best. In those octaves he still sounds wonderful and probably better than he did in the 80s when trying to sing low.

Ending the show with American Pie was icing on the cake and a complete surprise. When was the last time you were surprised at a Jovi concert?

I enjoyed Richie's show last week (a lot really) but this show sparkled and had us up dancing all night. I'll take it

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 PM
Posting Always

So we're all in agreement it's 1-0 to Jon then!

Rolo's been very quiet