Price of posting

Default 13/08/2014 - Richie Sambora - Tokyo, Ex Theater Roppongi

Set List
A Song for You (Leon Russell cover)
Burn the Candle Down
Nowadays
Lay Your Hands on Me
It's My Life (TLFR Version)
Every Road Leads Home to You (Orianthi on vocals)
Stranger in This Town
Sugar Daddy
Weathering the Storm
Storybook Love (Willy DeVille cover)
I'll Be There for You
Livin' on a Prayer
Seven Years Gone

Encore:
The Answer
Rosie
These Days
Stick to Your Guns
Wanted Dead or Alive

Videos

Lay your Hands on Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4l8...ature=youtu.be

It's My Life + Every Road Leads Home To You

Ill Be There For You

Livin on a Prayer

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 08-14-2014 at 10:50 AM..

Old 08-14-2014, 12:55 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

That performance of It's My Life with Every Road sung by Orianthi is atrociously bad. Richie skips words all over the place, messes up the chords to It's My Life, Orianthi overdoes her singing on Every Road with the least amount of passion possible and then outshines Richie on guitar. Well done.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
The Distance

To date, I have managed to avoid any & all vocals by this Orianthi chick. I have no desire to hear her sing on any of Richie's songs and ever more so, her own.

I am all for him doing his own solo projects and if he wants to use her as a background musician, that's fine but to give her half the spotlight is ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:33 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
To date, I have managed to avoid any & all vocals by this Orianthi chick. I have no desire to hear her sing on any of Richie's songs and ever more so, her own.

I am all for him doing his own solo projects and if he wants to use her as a background musician, that's fine but to give her half the spotlight is ridiculous.
Ehhh yeah I guess I see where you're coming from. If it was billed as a Richie Sambora tour then fine but her name IS on the bill with him and her singing his song is something that's never been done prior. I have a sneaking suspicison she's singing the re-recorded version for her new greatest hits album which is not bad of a move for him, though it puts him right back into writing songs and playing in the background for someone else.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Ehhh yeah I guess I see where you're coming from. If it was billed as a Richie Sambora tour then fine but her name IS on the bill with him and her singing his song is something that's never been done prior. I have a sneaking suspicison she's singing the re-recorded version for her new greatest hits album which is not bad of a move for him, though it puts him right back into writing songs and playing in the background for someone else.
I question, if Richie wasn't hitting that, would she be anywhere near his music? Now, if they did something together that had instant chemistry, then I would say 'go for it'. So far to date, I've read nothing positive about what the two have them done. I'll wait for this upcoming album to cast my true opinion but as of right now, I have no desire to hear her sing Every Road!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
I question, if Richie wasn't hitting that, would she be anywhere near his music? Now, if they did something together that had instant chemistry, then I would say 'go for it'. So far to date, I've read nothing positive about what the two have them done. I'll wait for this upcoming album to cast my true opinion but as of right now, I have no desire to hear her sing Every Road!
But I think you're looking at this like it's black and white. For 95% of this pairing she's his backing player. Back up vocals, solos, yadda yadda, I really think her singing his song is strictly for radio's sake because I really think she's likely to do better on radio than him.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
But I think you're looking at this like it's black and white. For 95% of this pairing she's his backing player. Back up vocals, solos, yadda yadda, I really think her singing his song is strictly for radio's sake because I really think she's likely to do better on radio than him.
I still have not heard the studio version of Every Road with Orianthi. I did not know that the song is on the radio.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:30 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I still have not heard the studio version of Every Road with Orianthi. I did not know that the song is on the radio.
It's not, as far as I know. She's calling it the Every Road promo tour so that's what my gut is telling me. I don't know why else they'd record a version with her singing it.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
...Orianthi overdoes her singing on Every Road with the least amount of passion possible and then outshines Richie on guitar.
As a singer, she's an adequate guitarist -- is "snoresome" a word? However, she is a guitarist first -- I don't think she'd have any albums to her credit at all if her looks weren't video friendly.

P.S. Their rendition of Lay Your Hands On Me would not be out of place at funeral service! I have no problem with playing a little slower live, but your "up" tunes should STILL sound like "up" tunes, folks!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-15-2014 at 02:34 AM..
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:

Agree........ Never cared for her voice myself, playing is just flashy, but gets the spotlight because she's female. Sorry guys, but the little head has no ears. They should have kept the personal and professional separate. Seems to be hurting them both and IF he's back to alcohol or drugs - a disaster waiting to happen.

On a positive note: Rosie was on the set list.

Last edited by golittleperson; 08-15-2014 at 02:41 AM..