Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

What is ALec John Such doing right now?

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi2003
That's right. Let's sacrifice the live shows so people will have more reason to complain that it sucks, but at least Alec has personality. Alec was drunk on stage and couldn't carry his share of the load...but let's bring him back because it looked so cool the way he and Richie used to swing their guitars back and forth. People who saw him in Jersey in 2001 said that he looked like he was 60 years old. He's probably laying up drunk somewhere.
Oh...that's right...during the late 80's and early 90's he was drunk a lot. How very un-rock n roll......

OK, so he enjoyed himself a bit...but why are you slagging him now, based on events 10 years ago??? Are you so naive that you think Jon, Richie and especially Tico (who now won't touch booze at all....) didn't ever play drunk?? Get real. Read "The Dirt" by Mötley...it just about says that the Bon Jovi guys were into cocaine. You say that people said he looked like he was 60.....and???? He is in his 50's....so what if he looks his age....isn't that better than being artificially young? I'm not saying that he's any better or worse than Hugh. But you can't know that either - Alec's problems were over a decade ago....Stop being such a cock.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohosid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi2003
That's right. Let's sacrifice the live shows so people will have more reason to complain that it sucks, but at least Alec has personality. Alec was drunk on stage and couldn't carry his share of the load...but let's bring him back because it looked so cool the way he and Richie used to swing their guitars back and forth. People who saw him in Jersey in 2001 said that he looked like he was 60 years old. He's probably laying up drunk somewhere.
Oh...that's right...during the late 80's and early 90's he was drunk a lot. How very un-rock n roll......

OK, so he enjoyed himself a bit...but why are you slagging him now, based on events 10 years ago??? Are you so naive that you think Jon, Richie and especially Tico (who now won't touch booze at all....) didn't ever play drunk?? Get real. Read "The Dirt" by Mötley...it just about says that the Bon Jovi guys were into cocaine. You say that people said he looked like he was 60.....and???? He is in his 50's....so what if he looks his age....isn't that better than being artificially young? I'm not saying that he's any better or worse than Hugh. But you can't know that either - Alec's problems were over a decade ago....Stop being such a ****.
I absolutely agree with you because I am a huge Alec fan and I agree with Strangers sig: ALec forever/Hey never!

However, what did Motley say about bon jovi?
I didn't read that coz i can't get it here but could you quote???
Old 08-26-2003, 02:59 AM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

a couple of points here.

i've seen interviews with both jon and richie who say theyve lost touch with him and sound genuinely disappointed when talking about the whole situation.

hugh's a session player who looks at things from a different perspective from other muso's meaning playing for the song is more important to him than dancing around and he'll realise that jon and richie are the focus f the band liuve and have been for 2 decades so he doesn't need to or shouldn't get in on the act if he doesn't need to.

going onstage drunk is ok if u can pull it off, some can, some can't and sometimes ur just lucky. ive went onstage after stanking a case of cider with our bass player and we both played brilliantly evenm though we couldn't stand straight if our lives depended on it. alec by the sound of it wasn't so lucky and if u'd rather drink and play shit than stay sober till u come offstage then u shouldnt be in a band. u've got an obligition not only to the band but to the people seeing you, that they will get a good show and if u know that drinking ****s u up onstage then u don't do it.

either way the dude had/has a drink problem and rock band or not, that's never something to be proud of or for people to look upto.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
OK, so he enjoyed himself a bit...but why are you slagging him now, based on events 10 years ago??? Are you so naive that you think Jon, Richie and especially Tico (who now won't touch booze at all....) didn't ever play drunk?? Get real. Read "The Dirt" by Mötley...it just about says that the Bon Jovi guys were into cocaine. You say that people said he looked like he was 60.....and???? He is in his 50's....so what if he looks his age....isn't that better than being artificially young? I'm not saying that he's any better or worse than Hugh. But you can't know that either - Alec's problems were over a decade ago....Stop being such a ****.
I'm not slagging Alec off. The difference between Alec and Jon, Richie, Tico, and David is that while the rest of them outgrew that kind of behavior to some extent, Alec didn't. He didn't play on any CDs after New Jersey, Hugh did that yet Alec was still officially the bass player. He continued to tour with them...up until the point where I think Jon and Richie said they weren't willing to sacrifice their live shows anymore. Richie is actually the one who said that Alec was making too many mistakes on stage. I was responding to the person's post saying they liked Alec over Hugh because he had personality. Maybe he did have personality, but he ****ed up.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

Quote:
OK, so he enjoyed himself a bit...but why are you slagging him now, based on events 10 years ago??? Are you so naive that you think Jon, Richie and especially Tico (who now won't touch booze at all....) didn't ever play drunk?? Get real.
The difference between Alec and the rest of the group was that he couldn't produce anymore. Tico, Dave, Jon and Richie still worked hard on their material and managed to create great CD's. Alec couldn't handle the partying and working, therefore his work suffered. It is like any job in real life. Once you start screwing up all the time, you eventually get let go.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Jovi2003 - your were slagging Alec off....to quote you...

"He's probably laying up drunk somewhere" - that comment is based on your knowledge that he had a drink problem 10 years ago. Nikki Sixx was (is) a heroin addict, yet he has pulled his life around, why are you assuming that Alec hasn't?

I'm not saying that I want Alec back in the band - too much time has gone since that point I think. But I don't like people slagging someone for no reason. YES, Alec had problems and was eventually let go from his duties in the band. Some rumours will say that he wasnt' playing on the albums, but there is no official word on that,...so that's all it is, a rumour. Whatever the real story, the band lost touch with him, which is sad. If he was an alcoholic - he probably could have used the help of the people he had spent 10 years with. The Behind The Music, where they state that they are not in touch with him much anymore, was recorded before he joined them at Giants Stadium. From that, I'd say that they have worked out whatever differences they may still have. Jon seems to work through problems, and keep people close, after all - he is still friends with Doc McGhee!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Posting Always

Quote:

"He's probably laying up drunk somewhere" - that comment is based on your knowledge that he had a drink problem 10 years ago. Nikki Sixx was (is) a heroin addict, yet he has pulled his life around, why are you assuming that Alec hasn't?

I'm not saying that I want Alec back in the band - too much time has gone since that point I think. But I don't like people slagging someone for no reason. YES, Alec had problems and was eventually let go from his duties in the band. Some rumours will say that he wasnt' playing on the albums, but there is no official word on that,...so that's all it is, a rumour. Whatever the real story, the band lost touch with him, which is sad. If he was an alcoholic - he probably could have used the help of the people he had spent 10 years with. The Behind The Music, where they state that they are not in touch with him much anymore, was recorded before he joined them at Giants Stadium. From that, I'd say that they have worked out whatever differences they may still have. Jon seems to work through problems, and keep people close, after all - he is still friends with Doc McGhee!
well said and I agree.

Jon did seem genuinely sad in "Behind the music" of the fact that he hadn't heard from Alec and I think it's great that Alec agreed to join the band on stage in 2001 at the Camden and Giants shows.
I would like to think that he and Jon do still keep in touch.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:22 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Quote:

well said and I agree.

Jon did seem genuinely sad in "Behind the music" of the fact that he hadn't heard from Alec and I think it's great that Alec agreed to join the band on stage in 2001 at the Camden and Giants shows.
I would like to think that he and Jon do still keep in touch.
Surely they would have had to keep in touch for Alec to have even turned up at Giants.

Dawn

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE
Old 08-26-2003, 11:34 PM
The Distance

he looked like this at the 2001 Giants show:

Old 08-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Blaze of Posting

he doesn't seem very changed