Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jon officially says that Richie is out.

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON4EVA View Post
...If Richie were to turn up one day having sorted out his mid-life crisis and wanting to seriously recommit to the band I find it hard to imagine Jon saying no. (Regardless of whether it's fair to Dave and Tico or not.) Whether Richie would/should do that is of course a very different matter!
DING DING DING -- Jon4Eva, you're our grand prize winner!!! I think that's exactly what the real situation is. The good news is, Jon has blinked -- he's had to "officially" backtrack from "He quit, he's gone," to covering his ass by (VERY sensibly) leaving the door open to the possibility of Richie "re-committing." But as for what Jon thinks is "fair" to Dave and Tico, don't make me laugh. How fair was he putting everyone back on tour a YEAR earlier than planned -- AND while Richie was promoting a solo album? Also, let's not be so quick to forget that Jon ready to chuck the whole thing to go play football!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-07-2021 at 05:47 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

If Jon had any faith in his current artistic output then he'd release a solo album. The last tour looked like it nearly killed half the band & they played to poor crowds (by the band's standards) Now he wants to start it up again?!

Put your balls in a toaster Jon, it'd be more enjoyable for us all.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 AM
The Distance

Jon Bon Jovi can't play stadiums and Bon Jovi could.

Maybe Jon will do something cool like have guest guitarists play on the album and just use Phil for the tour.

He could hire Little Steven....
Old 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

Maybe Jon will do something cool like have guest guitarists play on the album and just use Phil for the tour.

He could hire Little Steven....
This could be brilliant. However, Stevie will not put up with another pop-rock production about how to live your life. And it would only make sense if Jon wanted his next album to sound more like Southside Johnny or the Cocktail Slippers rather than the uninspired efforts BJ have been releasing lately. I like that idea.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Posting Always

Stevie is NOT someone that can be hired. HE is the one who hires others. HE's DA BOSS, capisch?!

Now I had the same idea as schlochty: what about a Jukes-oriented album? Isn't it about time? Jon's always said he's always wanted to be a Juke, he was a temporary Juke in 91, he ripped off at least one Jukes song, he stole Bobby B. and Jeff Kazee and a couple more... the next logical step is to become young again and release Jukes-oriented music with a full horn section under the Bon Jovi brandname. But it's very unlikely.
http://youtu.be/bpvjiZZ_oLw

Only pop and dance music sells nowadays and Jon is expected to record a song for the next Avicii album so... unless his voice gets better (counting on a miracle...) he'll release a solo album mostly made of ballads...
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Born to be my Baby

Here's the full interview with Pierre Robert, he mentions Richie towards the end:

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/pierre-rob...tryID=10668660
Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Only pop and dance music sells nowadays and Jon is expected to record a song for the next Avicii album so... unless his voice gets better (counting on a miracle...) he'll release a solo album mostly made of ballads...
I could handle a cd of ballads if it wasn't just slow versions of his "we can make it if we work together, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, it will all be ok, rah rah" type songs. The man is 52, not dead. Couldn't he still pull off singing a song about relationships?
Old 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave88 View Post
Here's the full interview with Pierre Robert, he mentions Richie towards the end:

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/pierre-rob...tryID=10668660
Nice, he handled that pretty tactfully. I respect him for going out of his way to not be misquoted or be roped into agreeing with Pierre going after Richie. Good for him.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Nice, he handled that pretty tactfully. I respect him for going out of his way to not be misquoted or be roped into agreeing with Pierre going after Richie. Good for him.
That was a good answer from Jon, he basically set it all out, saying he left and he's not coming back. Also, his answer about KOS confirmed what we all think about that "side project".
Old 11-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Jovi Addict

From day one I've always said this band will continue! Richie will never "officially" be replaced its Alec all over again "he wanted to take a break blah blah" Most people (from my experience) cant tell nor do they care who the members are! Should they continue?... For me no. Should Richie have done a bunk... No.... Should Jon have put the machine in motion again so soon after the last tour... No. But there you go. I've got my memories! As far as im concerned I saw my fav band back in Hyde park in 2011 that should have been the end for s very long time! Curious to see what's next but no Richie no Bon Jovi