Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Next 100 Posts

That's the thing ... it's not up to Phil X to give us the news. It's that the band's official PR arm is the worst in the business.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Price of posting

nearly at 1100 pages.

Someone should print them all out and post to the band to read
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielross View Post
That's the thing ... it's not up to Phil X to give us the news. It's that the band's official PR arm is the worst in the business.

The band have continually said it's up to Richie to say anything - Richie hasn't except through tabloid buddies.

So I'd presume the band has nothing else to say on the matter.

They don't really need to tell people Richie won't be on the tour when we know he won't be on the tour.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Jovi Fan

I guess at this point only the biggest optimists would think there´s a chance that Richie´s shows up for the rest of the tour.

The question is can they (whoever is to blame) push their egos aside and work things out for the future.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
The band have continually said it's up to Richie to say anything - Richie hasn't except through tabloid buddies.

So I'd presume the band has nothing else to say on the matter.

They don't really need to tell people Richie won't be on the tour when we know he won't be on the tour.
Yet they continually say Richie is still in the band. Isn't up to the band's official PR arm to say something beyond "ask him" if he is indeed still in the band?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
I didn't even entertain the idea that it may be Richie. I just can't imagine it being Bobby, especially since even Matt has said it doesn't work with him on lead.
Yep, he´s already looking forward to a bright future...

Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielross View Post
Yet they continually say Richie is still in the band. Isn't up to the band's official PR arm to say something beyond "ask him" if he is indeed still in the band?
No because as discussed a few pages earlier Richie's still in the band until he says he's not.

He just definitely won't be on this tour.

Last edited by crashed; 10-01-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger11 View Post
Yep, he´s already looking forward to a bright future...

I hope he's asking Bobby what hair conditioner he uses. Page 1100 and still no Richie. And my feelings on that situation at this point is "eh."
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM
These Days

Quote:
The charismatic Jon Bon Jovi showed that at 51 he continues to seduce the audience with his voice and his look, backed by a Band that sounded great, despite the absence of Tico Torres and guitarist Richie Sambora, who left the band because of “artistic differences” with the leader and was replaced by Phillip Xenidis.
http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/62847...d#.UkucPHDHaIW

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
No because as discussed a few pages earlier Richie's still in the band until he says he's not.

He just definitely won't be on this tour.
Sorry mate, I don't think I am alone in expecting a lot more from both parties than simply, ‘ask him.’ I wouldn’t accept that from Richie and it’s a cop-out from Jon too – and let’s face it, that statement is from Jon, not ‘the band’. The rest of them just fall in line with their boss, as you would.

So Jon saying ‘ask Richie’ and ‘he will be the guitarist ‘til he says he’s not’ is either spot on – because Richie is being a twat – or extremely sly and savvy because Richie feels Jon has made his position untenable. The point, which you and everyone seems to forget is, we don’t know what’s happened and just because Jon speaks to a journalist from a tabloid in a room at The Dorchester, doesn’t make his statements any more truthful than Richie speaking to his publicist and that publicist taking that story to a tabloid site. Both are using the avenues available to them.

Don’t forget, Jon made the same statement about Alec always being the only official Bon Jovi bass player and that was a pretty hollow statement considering he was a drunk who got fired. Jon knows how to play games with the press and put the pressure on Richie and who knows, maybe RS deserves it.

I’ll just reserve judgement until one of them comes out with the truth. But this affects the band and the fans, so I think we’re owed a statement FROM the band.