Home Register Members FAQ

New CD "30 Years of Rock & Roll" ?!

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-27-2014, 02:46 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denmad View Post
Collector's Choice Music described the product as a 2CD album.
So most likely it will be just 30 songs to celebrate the 30th anniversary

I believe that half of the content will be rarities, but I have no doubt that at least the second half is a sort of "best of" songs (to please the average listener).
Fair point, it very well might not be live. I can't see the point of another greatest hits. They flat out waited too long between Crossroad and 2010, with downloading being what it is right after HAND was the opportune time.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Keep the Faith

I bet it will be a live album but of the best covers they have played over the 30 years.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 09-27-2014, 03:42 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
I bet it will be a live album but of the best covers they have played over the 30 years.
Jon would NEVER put out a cover album. Not for 30 years and not even when they are washed up and need cash (if that ever happens).

I think it will be something that could appeal to everyone. Live rarities is my best guess. I think it will include tracks like their famous MTV acoustic performance of Prayer and Wanted. Probably some from Red Bank and Hammersmith. Unreleased songs. Maybe a cover or two.

They could go the studio route but they just did a greatest hits and I think they would save the studio tracks for future special editions.

This is going to be a live album of special performances. I just hope that their version of special performances matches ours.

Edit: My sources confirmed that this in fact a live album and I'll probably have the track listing as early as tomorrow. Now my sources have been wrong before but not too often.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-27-2014 at 03:53 AM..
Old 09-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Jon would NEVER put out a cover album. Not for 30 years and not even when they are washed up and need cash (if that ever happens).

I think it will be something that could appeal to everyone. Live rarities is my best guess. I think it will include tracks like their famous MTV acoustic performance of Prayer and Wanted. Probably some from Red Bank and Hammersmith. Unreleased songs. Maybe a cover or two.

They could go the studio route but they just did a greatest hits and I think they would save the studio tracks for future special editions.

This is going to be a live album of special performances. I just hope that their version of special performances matches ours.

Edit: My sources confirmed that this in fact a live album and I'll probably have the track listing as early as tomorrow. Now my sources have been wrong before but not too often.
I hope you are right ! Excited again .... Will be waiting with anticapation for your tracklist
Old 09-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Btw , i still pray to baby jesus everynite for a decent quality Cadillac Man .
Old 09-27-2014, 08:37 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Fair point, it very well might not be live. I can't see the point of another greatest hits. They flat out waited too long between Crossroad and 2010, with downloading being what it is right after HAND was the opportune time.
It's going to be a live album with a few standout songs, but most stuff is just your average performance by nowadays standards. There's a few songs that are enjoyable, but most of it is mixed as poorly as their previous live album was.

The desired tracklists everyone has will never be released because the band just doesn't have it in a quality that would be suitable for release. It just isn't there. There are bits and pieces, but the band has no archive with every show out there, it's a myth.

Oh, and the tracklist isn't out there yet.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

It's going to be a live album with a few standout songs, but most stuff is just your average performance by nowadays standards. There's a few songs that are enjoyable, but most of it is mixed as poorly as their previous live album was.

The desired tracklists everyone has will never be released because the band just doesn't have it in a quality that would be suitable for release. It just isn't there. There are bits and pieces, but the band has no archive with every show out there, it's a myth.

Oh, and the tracklist isn't out there yet.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
This may be true, I do not think they saved a lot of material of the eighties and nineties for example.

My desire would be to have a release of "KTF An Evening with Bon Jovi" remastered on DVD as "Nirvana MTV Unplugged in New York" a couple of years ago.

Something like:
2 CDs - Full show and some discards.
1 DVD - Concert remastered and includes some new songs that were not included in the VHS, also some extras of the band rehearsing.

That would be a great release, this concert is one of the best.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-27-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 02:22 AM
The Distance

Here is an interview from '93 where Jon states that they record "quite a bit" and they take it all and throw it in a closet for a future release.

2:45

Quite a bit to me means that they recorded a lot. Maybe not every single show but it sounds like they had enough material in '93 for a release if they needed it. I believe there are 3 (or I have 3) recordings of Cadillac Man so I'm sure they have at least one in Soundboard. There is no way that they only recorded a select amount of songs for Hammersmith. They have the entire show and edited through it for b-sides or whatever.

The only other live song I really want is the Soul Truth. I know the 1992 Red Bank show was recorded. I'm not sure about the '90 and '91 ones though.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-28-2014 at 02:34 AM..
Old 09-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@TheMattBongiovi 2m

For whatever reason of the question of 30 yr CD there is none. Whatever is being passed is not official.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:38 AM
The Distance

Unfortunately, I still do not have the tracklisting.

My source is not a huge Jovi fan so I doubt he is sitting on the edge of his seat on a Saturday waiting for it. I don't want to keep emailing him either.

Once or if I get it, I'll post it immediately.

I have a feeling that will be available to the public on Monday anyway.