Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Finding Neverland

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Price of posting

Interesting that its on Itunes as a Bon Jovi song.

Like the fool I am Ive bought it for 99p.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Blaze of Posting

Facepalm!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:06 PM
These Days

It's not abysmal by any means, but I can't see myself listening to that more than twice.

Jon didn't write that song and his ability to make someone else's song sound good with his voice are obviously long gone.

With that being said, if Jon keeps making music under Bon Jovi banner, I don't expect his songs to be any better. It's not like Gary Barlow is a bad writer.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:37 PM
The Distance

I don't think the song is all that bad. Keep in mind, it's not the new Jovi single. It's a song on a Peter Pan soundtrack that Jon didn't write.

When I listen to new Jovi stuff, I listen to it in two different ways. I have to. I first listen to it as a fan and compare it to everything the've done prior. I also listen to it as if I wasn't a fan and just discovered it.

As a fan:
It's ironic how the lyrics fit everything Jon has written over the past 10+ years. I think the first disappointment is the fact that we (or at least I) was hoping for something different knowing that Jon wasn't singing a song he wrote. The idea was to hear Jon belt out another Levon and instead, we got Have A Nice Day Part 6.

The second is the production. Every Jovi song Shanks produces sounds the same. It's the same damn song with a different melody.

But once you get past all that, there are some positives. Knowing Jon's current vocal state, it is nice to know that he is still workable in a studio. This track was probably recorded in a day. With a little extra time and effort, it is possible to get a nice studio vocal album out of Jon. Jon could even pull off an old school ballad, maybe even a similar vocal to Thank You....

The other positive is, if you are not a die hard fan and heard this song, I don't think the song is bad at all. It's been a while sing Jon had a hit or eve radio airplay so someone buying the soundtrack for other artists, might be surprised when they hear Jon's song. The lyrics aren't bad, the production is current, and todays music is simple.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:07 PM
The Distance

I'm not one to get caught up in the Richie drama but it is ironic how Jon states, "Rock Stars are like Peter Pan, they never want to grow up."
Old 05-30-2015, 12:24 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
It's the same damn song with a different melody.
Well done mate
Old 06-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

http://www.app.com/story/entertainme...song/28301625/
Old 06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
Quote:
Who's playing on the new Bon Jovi single, "Beautiful Day"?

John Shanks, who has produced the Bon Jovi albums "What About Now," "The Circle," "Lost Highway," and "Have A Nice Day," is the producer and he also plays guitar, keyboards and does the programming of the track, according to a credit list released by Bon Jovi's spokesperson.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I don't think there's anything to "read into this" about the new Bon Jovi album. This track has nothing to do with the new album.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:17 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I don't think there's anything to "read into this" about the new Bon Jovi album. This track has nothing to do with the new album.
Yeah but it's all starting to come full circle in regards to WAN. Corporate Jon wants to cash in on the Bon Jovi brand so he could show equity for his up coming football purchase. Richie wants to chill from the corporate machine and make some meaningful music at a more laid-back pace so he does a solo album. Jon can't wait for Richie and does 90% of WAN with just him and Shanks. The tour starts, Richie is playing this garbage, continuing right where TC and GHs tour left off. He is absolutely miserable, done with Jon's ego, and has a melt down. Richie walks off and doesn't looking back. 30 years is enough... The End!