Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
It's how Jon has described his level of popularity in the past but he's waaaaaaay off with that one.

Say whatever you want about Tom Cruise (my favourite is about going to dinner a few years back and Katie Holmes had written 'get help' in the peas) but fans who meet him, journalists who meet him, come away feeling like he's a nice guy.
Could be way off on this but was that comment not around critical acclaim rather than popularity?

Tom Cruise gets a lot of stick but any interview I've seen him in he's come across real well. I can't abide gossip pages so I know little about him but he seems alright.

Wonder does he play guitar...he'd be a better option than Steven Seagal to replace Richie.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
Could be way off on this but was that comment not around critical acclaim rather than popularity?

Tom Cruise gets a lot of stick but any interview I've seen him in he's come across real well. I can't abide gossip pages so I know little about him but he seems alright.

Wonder does he play guitar...he'd be a better option than Steven Seagal to replace Richie.
Did Tom Cruise fire Richie Sambora from his band?

The answer would be "No."

Jon Bon is NOT like Tom Cruise. Jon Bon is much much worse. He fired Richie Sambora. He is evil.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:

You're right, I think it was in reference to critical acclaim... either way, it's way off now. Cruise has rarely taken his eye off the ball and makes pretty sound business decisions which have kept him at the top of his game. He knows his market and he plays to it.

If he played guitar, Jon would be all over that!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
You're right, I think it was in reference to critical acclaim... either way, it's way off now. Cruise has rarely taken his eye off the ball and makes pretty sound business decisions which have kept him at the top of his game. He knows his market and he plays to it.

If he played guitar, Jon would be all over that!
Would have thought Cruise gets more acclaim for his acting than Jon does for his music anyway so not sure Jon made the right comparison either way? Cruise is a pretty good actor in my book.

Wouldn't the world collapse in on itself if those two egos shared a stage though? And you could probably get blinded from those two sets of teeth if you were too close to the stage.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Cruise is a pretty good actor in my book.
If it wasn't for all that scientology crap and the annoying face... what.. where were we?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
If it wasn't for all that scientology crap and the annoying face... what.. where were we?

Haha

I heard that Cruise has abducted Richie and the reason he can't be found is that he is currently being inducted by the Scientologists. He will re-emerge next month and be known as Mother Shabubu Sambora.

You heard it here first and you'll probably read it second on TMZ or the NY Post.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Would have thought Cruise gets more acclaim for his acting than Jon does for his music anyway so not sure Jon made the right comparison either way? Cruise is a pretty good actor in my book.

Wouldn't the world collapse in on itself if those two egos shared a stage though? And you could probably get blinded from those two sets of teeth if you were too close to the stage.
I'm trying to imagine the poster... top billing would be interesting...

Although JBJ did state that Cruise took him to dinner to ask his advice before playing Stacey Jaxx in Rock of Ages... He's had a lot of dinners with people over the last few years; he sat down for dessert the same evening with the Dalai Lama and had coffee and cigars with Obama and John Lennon's ashes...

Richie was busy with a string of Hollywood crumpet, apparently...
Old 04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Next 100 Posts

listen to this!

Old 04-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:

They had dinner together. Jon, Dorothea with Tom, Katie and their daughter Suri. It was when Tom got the role for Rock of Ages. There were pics at the time.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Mother Shabubu Sambora.