Tour Discussion

Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
So Europeans won't go to the shows if Richie isn't there?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
The time frame seems to be this leg of the tour, maybe there's your answer. It just happened two days ago, Richie probably doesn't know himself when he will be back. They can't give a date if they don't know.

Just to add.

Jon's the boss, the CEO (which by the way, I think people take that comment from WWWB far too seriously but that's a whole other story!) The band knows their place, they know the deal. Yet they come back on every tour and do it again. If everyone hated it so much, why do they return? We can't make it black and white, cut and dry. He can't be as bad as everyone wants to make Jon out to be, if everyone keeps on coming back. I am talking about band, road crew, management team, hell even David Bergman returns! I know, I know money, money, money but it can't just be all about money. It's not like they are struggling and have to work at a shit job or they won't be able to pay their bills? So what makes them come back if Jon is the asshole everyone likes to proclaim him to be.
i think most of us complain because jon transformed a band into backing sessions musicians...he should be more loose sometimes and let the band shine rather than trying so hard to be relevant and making cliche pop songs with no substance
Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
So Europeans won't go to the shows if Richie isn't there?
If Richie had left the band, I'd have sold my tickets right away. Bon Jovi is a band, not a solo act.

About the shows Richie cancelled in America, it's got more to do with the album being sooooooo bad I guess.

Lea jovi: So anyone around here can be offensive to evil Jon but it's not OK when it's about Richie? The truth is that though Jon isn't half the singer he used to be, the same goes with Sambora and his guitar skills. And yes AOTL is crap. You just need to read fan reviews talking about how it's genuine with heart and soul to understand it. When something is really good, you don't need to support it with such lousy arguments.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
Are you kidding? It was shite. Not a patch on when Richie plays it.

I don't think Phil X is better than Richie at all, someone earlier said he could "play circles around Richie". I've seen no proof of that anywhere. From a completely objective standpoint, I much prefer Richie's guitar playing.
I know little of Phil X but I don't believe you're capable of being objective on this point. Not a dig, just an observation.

Some of the nonsense about US v European fans is laughable too. Grow the **** up lads and ladies. Stupid generalisations and I say that as a European.

Some of the Jon bashing is also disgraceful.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Price of posting

We could wait for an official announcement or continue to rip JBJ apart and make up shit about Richie?
Meant to be fans Ffs!!
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Breakout

My show is next Monday and when I found out that Richie isn't going to be there, my thought was that it isn't going to be a true Bon Jovi concert without him. I am an American and I know how integral Richie is to the performance. Someone posted that most people in the audience won't even notice Richie's absence and to a certain extent that's true. During a concert I enjoy focusing on different band members at different times and it makes me truly appreciate each and every one of them. IF I still go, it's going to be very hard to over look Richie's absence. Watching that Wanted clip was just so da** depressing.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Jovi Fan

For what it's worth, Im a yank, and had been considering skipping Denver because Richie won't be there. Ill be going to support the guys.

Also I don't understand all the hate towards Matt? What'd I miss?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
From a completely objective standpoint, I much prefer Richie's guitar playing.
Tell us more about your objective standpoint, samboraisgod. Especially how it relates to your personal preferences.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Phil X is a top guitarist and very versatile. That said he is also a classic gun for hire musician, and in my opinion he does not have the guitar voice that Sambora has. However, not being in a massive band and getting lazy has meant he has kept up his craft, so at the moment he is probably more consistent, although Richie can deliver the magic that Phil cannot. Remember, magic is not all technique.

Having wrote that, I am not sure who cares. There are better players than Richie, should they join Bon Jovi too? Surely that is not the point.

Last edited by semigoodlookin; 04-04-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Next 100 Posts

the moment Richie quits BJ, they're done in Europe.