Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Any X Files fans out there?

TV & Movies

Old 01-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default Any X Files fans out there?

Did you see the premiere? Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan, since day one. I even had a website back in the day (ahhh memories) where I analyzed the shit out of it May dust it off if the show isn't cancelled after the first batch of episodes.

It's sooooooo good to have it back! I think it's still a little bit rusty but I appreciated the sense of urgency and the actors seemed to fall back into their characters with ease.

Freaking love Scully. Go girl go, kick some ass! I've missed your side eye and dry sense of humor

Will be back later to comment on the actual episode. Very decent one, much more than practically all season 9 + second film altogether.

------------------

Does a promise really break if nobody sees it fall?

Old 01-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I love The X-Files, and I'm very excited for the new series - however us here in downunderland have to patiently wait as per usual!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:17 AM
Jovi Freak

I used to watch it with my brother from about season 4 (I think I was too young to stomach it before then ). But I haven't revisited it at all since it ended (when I was 14) so I wouldn't call myself a big fan.

I'm sure I'll watch these new episodes (first one airs in Australia this weekend) but it's only meant to be a six-episode miniseries, isn't it?
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...
Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer View Post
I'm sure I'll watch these new episodes (first one airs in Australia this weekend) but it's only meant to be a six-episode miniseries, isn't it?
Yes that's right, with two mythology episodes and four so-called 'stand-alones'/MOTW episodes - a good compromise in my opinion
Old 01-29-2016, 01:52 PM
These Days

Yeah big fan back in the day, right til the end, although that last season was awful I also thought the second movie, I Want to Believe, was pretty bad.

As for the new episodes that have aired so far, I liked them.

I thought the first episode was pretty good, especially considering the critical mauling it received. I certainly didn't find it boring. It was always going to be difficult/impossible to reconnect the characters and the storylines 14 years after the show went off air, have it feel modern yet classic, and have it work for fans and new watchers....all in the space of 45 mins. To me it all felt a bit too rushed and so much was crammed into the episode. It would have been better served as a two-part episode. What I wasn't mad about was trying to tie the alien conspiracy stuff into modern conspiracy nonsense. Scully's scene where she said Mulder's new notion was preposterous etc. was spot on. It was probably a little too heavy handed in attempting to work the old conspiracy into the modern day stuff. Ultimately I thought there was enough new material in that episode that made it interesting. For how difficult a task it was to restart the show I thought they did well.

The second episode was brilliant. I loved how the "stand alone" story still tied into the larger conspiracy arc in the first episode, and I thought how they dealt with the William story was perfect. The episode felt like really classic x-files yet new. The way the episode ended without any real resolution to the genetic-testing storyline was great - they've never really done that before, and I assume it will be followed through into the later episodes - probably the season finale.

I'm just psyched and amazed that The X-Files is back on tv so it's hard to really see the episodes for what they are. Watching them again in a few months when the mini-series ends will probably give me a better perspective on the quality of them.

The good news is the ratings for the two episodes have been huge so if they stay that level for the next few weeks I'd imagine there'll be a good chance of another set of episodes being made.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days