Home Register Members FAQ

Rhymefest: Push the World

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Rhymefest: Push the World

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-his-due.html

"He’s trying to shop a new album he’s recorded, Push the World, to potential distributors. The LP boasts songs with members of Bon Jovi...."

No info in the article on which members of Bon Jovi.

Here's an interview where Bon Jovi is one of the topics, but it's 37 minutes and I don't feel like listening to it:

http://wgnradio.com/2015/10/02/chica...sold-the-soul/

Last edited by Becky; 10-22-2015 at 01:52 AM..

Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'll be honest I never heard of this guy until now! I listened to it, Rhymefest said:

"I'm working on a new album, almost finished now, called Push The World. I got songs with Bon Jovi, I got a song with Common and the Reverend Jesse Jackson on the same song..."

Very strange!

EDIT:

Also on Rhymefest's Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/89pys0SfmV/

Last edited by KSantaFe; 10-22-2015 at 03:06 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 03:50 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
“It does kind of bother me that I go to my friends’ $20 million houses, and last year I was trying to figure out how to pay my mortgage....(S)treaming has decimated the income of the writer, so the writer doesn’t really have a career anymore. My ASCAP royalty checks went from a lot to almost nothing..."

...(W)hen Rhymefest stumbled upon the ARC Choir’s 1997 a cappella gospel tune Walk With Me...he forked it over to Kanye...“It was supposed to be on my demo...But Kanye had access. He was already signed to Def Jam and had an album slated, so this is the point where you could become selfish or practical..."

The song became the rapper’s biggest hit off his debut album, The College Dropout, and went on to win the Grammy for Best Rap Song..."He made that song a success...(b)ut he wouldn’t have all that without my words...I’ve written for all (but one) of Kanye’s albums...There are a lot of songs that my name isn’t even on.”
I hope it goes without saying that the additional (legal) income of Rhymefest's "friends" comes from their record deal advances, product endorsements and touring. But why haven't they helped him more? Rhymefest has put out only two albums since 2006. Kanye did appear on the first one, but Rhymefest isn't a guest performer on any of Kanye's albums and hasn't even been given an opening slot on any of Kanye's tours. And after having established a track record for writing multiplatinum songs, why didn't he negotiate for a bigger slice of Kanye's pie? Maybe it's because rappers have a slightly different way of doing business.

P.S. If I were Rhymefest, I'd call for an audit-fest -- and I'd double-check to make sure that ALL of his co-writers' royalty payments have shrunken, not just his!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-01-2022 at 12:01 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
Also on Rhymefest's Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/89pys0SfmV/
Bumped into my good brother From Bon-Jovi David Bryant & friends. Who knew chicago had these secret parties!
With friends like these, who needs strangers -- not to mention proofreaders?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-14-2015 at 09:33 PM..