Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

i d like to mention my conspiracy theory about jon-bono &edge..
photos surfaced from a bachelorette party where the three rockers happened to be and drink together. through the years there have been many mentions that jon has a friendship or mutual respect and get together once in a while to catch up, from the top of my mind u2 had gone and seen them in 2003 tour, there were a photo in a hotel room in 2005 with jon and u2, jon has mentioned he was texting with bono before their glastonburry appearence in 2009 if i remember correctly and obviously these wont be the only circumstances...(jon visited them in msg yesterday as well)
where i m getting to...u2 is a band admitedly looks up to in many levels, even the wrong comment about richie and edge showed that jon looks up to them in many aspects. since they got out and talked i think its highly possible the richie deparure came up.
jon has a romantic side, thats why he got the band together in 1992, thats why he never truly tried to make another group. if the relationship between the 2 is in a decent lvl and hasnt reach a breaking point i think sooner or later jon will approach richie and reach his hand. (i am not saying who s wrong or right)
watching u2 who are the same 4 guys will probably have an effect on him. richies current state of mind doesnt really help though.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:45 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i d like to mention my conspiracy theory about jon-bono &edge..
photos surfaced from a bachelorette party where the three rockers happened to be and drink together. through the years there have been many mentions that jon has a friendship or mutual respect and get together once in a while to catch up, from the top of my mind u2 had gone and seen them in 2003 tour, there were a photo in a hotel room in 2005 with jon and u2, jon has mentioned he was texting with bono before their glastonburry appearence in 2009 if i remember correctly and obviously these wont be the only circumstances...(jon visited them in msg yesterday as well)
where i m getting to...u2 is a band admitedly looks up to in many levels, even the wrong comment about richie and edge showed that jon looks up to them in many aspects. since they got out and talked i think its highly possible the richie deparure came up.
jon has a romantic side, thats why he got the band together in 1992, thats why he never truly tried to make another group. if the relationship between the 2 is in a decent lvl and hasnt reach a breaking point i think sooner or later jon will approach richie and reach his hand. (i am not saying who s wrong or right)
watching u2 who are the same 4 guys will probably have an effect on him. richies current state of mind doesnt really help though.
Conspiracy theory or not - I like the way you think!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Conspiracy theory or not - I like the way you think!
lol thnx !!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
richies current state of mind doesnt really help though.
What do you know about "Richie's current state of mind"? Just curious.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I have had a sign. Richie is not coming back.

27 years ago, my best friend Julie and I were playing with my grandmother's old jewelry. She had a big blue metal flower pin. Julie wanted to tape it to Richie's hat in one of those huge posters of Jon and Richie that I had hung in my bedroom so we did, never expecting it would actually stick. But it did--for nearly 30 years. All my other Bon Jovi posters have come down and been packed up for years, but that one has been hanging on the back of my closet door for about 15+ years because I always refused to take off the flower pin and pack it away. Today I discovered the flower pin had fallen off. It's truly the end of the innocence for me. That poster and that pin on the hat symbolized youth/innocence/fun. I'm actually kind of depressed about this.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:52 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I have had a sign. Richie is not coming back.
27 years ago, my best friend Julie and I were playing with my grandmother's old jewelry. She had a big blue metal flower pin. Julie wanted to tape it to Richie's hat in one of those huge posters of Jon and Richie that I had hung in my bedroom so we did, never expecting it would actually stick. But it did--for nearly 30 years. All my other Bon Jovi posters have come down and been packed up for years, but that one has been hanging on the back of my closet door for about 15+ years because I always refused to take off the flower pin and pack it away. Today I discovered the flower pin had fallen off. It's truly the end of the innocence for me. That poster and that pin on the hat symbolized youth/innocence/fun. I'm actually kind of depressed about this.
Oh, you've got to Keep The Faith!
Quote:
MTV News, 2006: It’s been more than three weeks since guitarist Dave “Brownsound” Baksh announced he was leaving Sum 41, and in that time he’s managed to avoid public comment on the matter.

But it’s not because the split — which shocked much of the Sum fanbase when it was confirmed early last month (see “Sum 41 Guitarist Quits Group To Focus On New Metal Band” ) — was a bitter one. In fact, Baksh maintains that his primary beef is with the music industry.

“The vibe was still really good at our label, but at radio stations the vibe actually changed — you’d be waiting a little bit longer in the lobby, or some stations didn’t even know you were coming,” he continued. “...The business is so soulless and so heartless, and it was so little about actually playing music, that I just lost interest.”

...Baksh decided to turn his attention to the Brown Brigade, the jokey side project he formed with his cousin Vaughn Lal in 2003...But as he gears up to hit the studio with his new act, is he at all concerned that he’ll once again become a part of the music-industry machine he grew to hate?

“I guess I haven’t thought of that yet — I’d just be happy setting up behind a pool table and playing for a roomful of kids,” he laughed. “I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it, and it’s not a bad bridge to cross..."
Quote:
Loudwire.com, 2015: One of the biggest responses of the Alternative Press Music Awards came during Sum 41‘s appearance, when former guitarist Dave “Brownsound” Baksh joined his onetime band onstage. But as it turns out, this was not just a “special moment” for an awards Show. Baksh is back in the band.

The guitarist confirmed as much via his Instagram account, posting a fan-shot photo of the event featuring himself playing with Sum 41. In the posting, he wrote, “Yes yes y’all I’m back. Sum 41! Thanks to all of the crew, band and fans for making me feel so welcome.”

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-23-2015 at 03:57 AM..
Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 AM
Posting Always

I have a video. Richie is not coming back.

Quote:
“Burning Bridges” is the first album without the original guitarist, since he left back in 2013. "Let me be perfectly clear, there was no ill-will on the day that Richie didn't show up again,” says Bon Jovi. “So God bless him, but Richie just didn't want to go to work anymore. Forget your commitment to the band, we have 120 people working for us, we have contracts with promoters we have 2 million people who put out the money for tickets. So that's okay, you can quit but the train keeps rolling."

Watch Jon Bon Jovi open up about whether or not the whole gang will reunite on stage below
http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_15...ncouver/music/

geoblocked video
Old 08-25-2015, 01:59 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
I have a video. Richie is not coming back.

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_15...ncouver/music/

geoblocked video
He didn't really say Richie wasn't coming back, he said Alec wasn't haha. It was a really amusing way to answer something he's been asked dozens of time though, I liked this.

Though on some level it's sad that he admits the original 5 will never play together again.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:04 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
He didn't really say Richie wasn't coming back,
[...]
he admits the original 5 will never play together again.
same meaning!

NB: I can't watch the video.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:11 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
same meaning!

NB: I can't watch the video.
Haha just saying, he never says Richie is never coming back, just that Alec and Richie aren't both coming back.