Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jovi Moment -- On a Web Site For Retirees?

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Jovi Moment -- On a Web Site For Retirees?

I remember how shocked I was when I got a letter from the AARP. It stands for the American Association of Retired Persons, and you're invited to join once you turn fifty. Me -- fifty years old? Surely some mistake, LOL!

Well, what's even more shocking is that Jon must be old enough to have gotten an AARP invite, too, which would explain this scene from a video they had on their site -- Stars In 80s: Celebs When They Were Young.

When you look at 1985 Farm Aid concert footage, however, Jon's not wearing what he's wearing in the photo.

So either it was taken during rehearsal or surely there's been ANOTHER mistake...Yep, it was more likely taken during Farm Aid 1986, when Jon performed with The Unforgiven, Joe Walsh, and Willie Nelson:

The photo is originally from the Huffington Post (who have been contacted about the error), so it's not all AARP's fault. But maybe someone there would have noticed if their memories were what they used to be, LOL!!!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-30-2016 at 06:15 PM..

Old 05-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I started getting solicited by AARP when I was in my 40s. My daughter is in her 20s and she is getting solicited by them now. They are a little (a lot?) over the top.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.