Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

If JUSTIN BIEBER can call you a screwup, YOU HAVE SCREWED UP

Other Bands

Old 12-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Something for the Posts

Default If JUSTIN BIEBER can call you a screwup, YOU HAVE SCREWED UP

Quote:
GossipCop: Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach of Philippines was crowned the 2015 Miss Universe pageant winner...but...(t)he wrong winner was announced first...

...(T)he second runner-up was Miss USA. It was then down to Miss Philippines and Miss Colombia...(Co-host) Steve Harvey announced Miss Colombia won. He then realized he was wrong, and apologized, “I will take responsibility. It was my mistake,” adding:

Quote:
Variety: Harvey went on to say sorry on his Twitter:

(Because)...(h)e...misspelled the names of both countries...the message was quickly deleted (and replaced)...
“I’d like to apologize wholeheartedly to Miss Colombia & Miss Philippines for my huge mistake. I feel terrible. Secondly, I’d like to apologize to the viewers at that I disappointed as well. Again it was an honest mistake..I don’t want to take away from this amazing night and pageant...As well as the wonderful contestants. They were all amazing.”
Quote:
GossipCop: (S)ocial media...became flooded with memes and gifs poking fun at the situation...One such meme played off (Justin) Bieber’s hit song Sorry, which features the line, “Is it too late now to say sorry?”

...As it circulated on Twitter and Instagram, Bieber...re-posted it on his own Instagram page. The singer wrote in the caption, “It’s so sad but this is too funny had to post no disrespect.” The post has since amassed more than 1.2 million likes.
No, the Bieber camp meant no disrespect -- they only meant to squeeze just enough global ridicule and publicity out of Harvey's misfortune to hopefully push Sorry into the #1 slot on the record charts (which would dislodge Adele's Hello, which seems doomed to stay there until the next single from her new album is released). At least somebody can come out of this a big winner...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-28-2015 at 07:35 PM..

Old 01-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
The Bieber camp meant no disrespect -- they only meant to squeeze just enough global ridicule and publicity out of Harvey's misfortune to hopefully push Sorry into the #1 slot on the record charts (which would dislodge Adele's Hello, which seems doomed to stay there until the next single from her new album is released). At least somebody can come out of this a big winner...
Delighted to report that Bieber's nasty little scheme didn't work -- Hello is entering its tenth week on the Billboard charts of holding Sorry out of the #1 slot! Which has forced him to go back to getting publicity for his albums the old-fashioned way:
Our sources say officials at the Mayan (Mexican) ruins were extremely upset with Bieber shortly after he arrived because he and his friends were walking around with open bottles of beer...Bieber then climbed to the top of the ruins and mooned everyone...Bieber and crew were asked to leave and did, but not before hurling insults at the staff...
No disrespect intended, I'm sure...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-10-2016 at 06:51 AM..
Old 01-10-2016, 01:47 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
No, the Bieber camp meant no disrespect -- they only meant to squeeze just enough global ridicule and publicity out of Harvey's misfortune to hopefully push Sorry into the #1 slot on the record charts (which would dislodge Adele's Hello, which seems doomed to stay there until the next single from her new album is released).
Done! Twice. In Ireland:
http://www.hotpress.com/Justin-Biebe.../15888590.html
http://www.hotpress.com/Justin-Biebe.../16571243.html
and Elvis lives! Now wait! What? Elvis is #6? He lives in the Village?! So that's why he can no longer go on tour or play in Las Vegas: the Rover won't let him go!

Old 01-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Done! Twice. In Ireland...
I rest my case -- as the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

My reference was the Billboard.com Hot 100 singles charts. On the Billboard Top 200 album charts, Bieber spent one week at #1, and has been behind Adele's 25 for six weeks. Her 21 album is #22. Elvis is #177; no Motorhead as of yet. The Beatles have four albums on the chart, NOT including the compilation of their #1 hits.

P.S. Loved that show!

Last edited by rocknation; 01-10-2016 at 07:25 AM..
Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
My reference was the Billboard.com Hot 100 singles charts.
I know, I just gave you additional info* to show you that Adele being #1 in the charts is neither a curse or a definitive position (because you also wrote, "... seems doomed to stay there until the next single from her new album is released").

* I didn't look for it, I just saw the headline beside a U2 article.

Last edited by Old Joysey; 01-10-2016 at 03:04 PM..
Old 01-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Done! Twice. In Ireland...
I guess when Ireland sneezes, the world says "Gesundheit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation
I rest my case -- as the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Mission accomplished -- Sorry is now on top of the Billboard singles chart. It took Justin Bieber eleven weeks to dislodge Adele's Hello -- along with climbing to the top of an historical ancient monument, pulling his pants down, and nearly getting arrested! Thank goodness he's gotten back to normal...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-16-2016 at 06:26 PM..