Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
This is the thinking of some fans. I feel the same as you.
having said that doesnt mean that richies behaviour, playing and asking everyone desperately imo on twitter to play on his record doesnt also makes me sad...
we had many good years...i guess now its time for the lowdown
Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
having said that doesnt mean that richies behaviour, playing and asking everyone desperately imo on twitter to play on his record doesnt also makes me sad...
But there will be an AFTERMATH, right???
Old 03-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
When you hear the new album, give my verdict.

Jon also has desperately tried to attract other musicians on their albums, even entrap to Keith Urban for the recording of Who Says you cant Go Home... or a trying to record something with Duffy.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:

Jon also has desperately tried to attract other musicians on their albums, even entrap to Keith Urban for the recording of Who Says you cant Go Home... or a trying to record something with Duffy.
Pretty weak argument when Richie just...ahem...TWEETED HIS PHONE NUMBER TO SLASH PUBLICLY.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:

Pretty weak argument when Richie just...ahem...TWEETED HIS PHONE NUMBER TO SLASH PUBLICLY.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Jovi FANatic

i recently show a speech for an award where richie was introducing slash...i remember richie saying many flattering things about slash and when slash received the award 2 min later he didnt have one kind thing to say about richie, even out of courtesy...it looks like he doesnt appreciate him...
anyway i hope richie finds his way, its nice to be able to do your thing and richie was a soldier for many years...but now he discredits bj past and legacy with some of his actions...
ps.the same would go for jon if he releases a bj album with 3 original members...
Old 03-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
i recently show a speech for an award where richie was introducing slash...i remember richie saying many flattering things about slash and when slash received the award 2 min later he didnt have one kind thing to say about richie, even out of courtesy...it looks like he doesnt appreciate him...
anyway i hope richie finds his way, its nice to be able to do your thing and richie was a soldier for many years...but now he discredits bj past and legacy with some of his actions...
ps.the same would go for jon if he releases a bj album with 3 original members...
what do you mean? he did say it was humbling ? what else is there to say?

In terms of Slash in general - he's been dissing Bon Jovi a couple of times. He said in an interview "the problem with New Jersey is that Bon Jovi is from New Jersey". In his autobiography he describes how shit the musical landscape of 1987 was by saying that Prayer was number 1 for weeks. There's also a chat session with him from a few years ago where someone asks him whether he payed Father Time with Richie Sambora in some bar and he sort of confirms that it's very possible...so yeah, overall I think they know each other quite well. I don't think Slash is a fan. I don't think Richie is a fan either (despite his introduction). And I don't think Slash cares particularly about being on Richie's record or not. Richie does because Slash has a lot more notoriety than himself. The Twitter situation is just a silly stupid blunder, nothing that means anything. And given the band and the production team that Richie has, surely it shouldn't be too difficult to get pretty much any guest musician show up in the studio. But that's just my thoughts...
Old 03-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Price of posting

Slash has hit many artists and bands over time... later, he playing with them. Slash and Axl had problems with Jon and Kurt Cobain, these bands simply refused to follow his play along at that time. In These Days tour, Slash said he had no problem with the band, only with Jon Bon Jovi, and did not want to see close.

At the end of the day, Slash is not so spiteful, has collaborated and played with Dave Grohl, Pat Smear and Krist Novoselic. He was also willing to return to Guns N Roses, but Axl does not want. And now Slash play with Richie Sambora. The guy is great man.

Phil X hit several times Bon Jovi in some of their reviews, including ,Sambora's playing. Now Jon calls Brother Phil.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-28-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Old 03-28-2015, 01:46 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Slash has hit many artists and bands over time... later, he playing with them. Slash and Axl had problems with Jon and Kurt Cobain, these bands simply refused to follow his play along at that time. In These Days tour, Slash said he had no problem with the band, only with Jon Bon Jovi, and did not want to see close.

At the end of the day, Slash is not so spiteful, has collaborated and played with Dave Grohl, Pat Smear and Krist Novoselic. He was also willing to return to Guns N Roses, but Axl does not want. And now Slash play with Richie Sambora. The guy is great man.

Phil X hit several times Bon Jovi in some of their reviews, including ,Sambora's playing. Now Jon calls Brother Phil.
I was super worried you were going to get my point, awesome.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Slash didn't have any problem opening for Bon Jovi. So either actions speak louder than words or he's a hypocrite.

And, BTW, I'm still laughing at Jon "entrapping" Keith Urban. He should have entrapped him to play guitar for the band.