Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

All right, you sinners -- SWING!!!

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 06-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Something for the Posts

Default All right, you sinners -- SWING!!!

I have come into possession of some bombshell information about someone who could be the next president of the United States!

Remember how President Barack Obama's association with a controversial clergyman nearly knocked him out of the race? Well, it seems that former Arkansas governor, current Fox News network analyst, and rumored presidential hopeful Mick Huckabee is in the exact same boat!

I've received the link to a letter on a Web site called Talk To Action, written in 2007 to the head of an organization called The Institute in Basic Life Principles -- and it contains some MAJOR dirt on Huckabee!

Quote:
Today I’m asking you to save the eternal soul of the man you support to be the next President of the United States...I learned that you and Governor Huckabee are longtime associates and that you were photographed together at a(n)...event...

Here’s why I’m writing you...(I)t may have escaped your attention that Gov. Huckabee not only loves rock music, he plays bass guitar in a rock band! I have located numerous photographs of him engaging in this activity...

I can't believe my eyes, either -- and yes, that's Ted Nugent he's jamming with in the middle pic! But that's not all, so get your children out of the room!

Quote:
I also have a confession to make: Like Gov. Huckabee, I’ve engaged in similar activities...For the past decade, I’ve been a member of 98 Degrees, a group that performs the kind of music warned against as “unclean” and “satanic” in an article you published, Ten Scriptural Reasons Why the “Rock Beat” is Evil in Any Form...

Gov. Huckabee...told a...reporter he wants The Rolling Stones to play at his inaugural! Get thee behind me, Mick! Do YOU want The Star-Spangled Banner performed with the “ROCK BEAT”?

Well, what IS this "rock beat," exactly, and what's so terrible about it?
Quote:
The "rock beat" is a dominant and repetitious offbeat which competes with the melody and distracts from the words of a song. The contradictory messages in the beat, the words, the melody, the style of the presentation, and the appearance of the musicians all create a subtle confusion in the minds, wills, and emotions of the listeners, which leads them to question the absolute moral standards of God.

Damned right, I'm confused (if you'll pardon the expression): Does that mean that Eric Clapton ISN'T God? Fortunately, there's a way out: Just sign this, break all your records, don't vote for Huckabee, and you're saved:
Quote:
“...(B)ased on the authority of your Word and the testimony of others, I now purpose to remove from my life any music that contains a “ROCK BEAT”; and to replace it with melodious music that glorifies You and edifies others.”

Signature _______________________________________________ Date____________________

The line forms to the left -- no need to push or shove! It won't be the same around here without you, of course, but your spiritual well-being HAS to come first!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-19-2014 at 11:16 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

failed lead guitarist
Old 06-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi View Post
Failed lead guitarist
But that's a stereotype, LOL!

Les Claypool of Primus says never had an interest in guitars because they sounded too wimpy to him. On the other hand, Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots says that after years of sneaking into his brother Dean's bedroom and playing his guitar, he became a bassist when Dean came home with a bass because the band he was in needed one.

Anyway, how can you listen to this and call Huckabee a failed lead guitarist? And for your information, there exists a Huckabee acoustic signature model -- among others!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-27-2014 at 08:32 PM..
Old 01-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Something for the Posts

Default UPDATE: Huck's gig with Nugent comes back to haunt him

In the course of gearing up for the 2016 United States presidential race, Mike Huckabee has quit his Fox News political talk/music show and written a book:
Quote:
RawStory.com: Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee suggested...that President Barack Obama had not taught his children that Beyonce’s music was not “wholesome” because the Obamas lived on the wrong side of the “cultural divide.” Huckabee had said that he didn’t understand why the Obamas could be so concerned about what their daughters ate, “and yet they don’t see anything that might not be suitable for a teen in some of the lyrical content and choreography of Beyoncé.”

...(T)he former Arkansas governor told ABC host Martha Raddatz...“President Obama...said that some of the lyrics, he won’t listen to with his daughters because it embarrasses him. Well, here’s my point: if it embarrasses you, then why would you possibly think it’s wholesome for your children to put it into their heads?”

Huckabee...argued that Barack and Michelle Obama were “great parents… they’re careful about making sure their kids get a lot of vegetables and eat right...Well, what you put in your brain is also important. It’s about this cultural divide, the disconnect between the three bubbles of New York, D.C. and Hollywood vs. the land of ‘Gods, Guns, Grits and Gravy.’”
Fair enough. But how does Huckabee explain his performing Catch Scratch Fever with Nugent on his Fox News show? He has since declared that Cat Scratch Fever is an "adult" song, and that the lyrics were changed for the Fox News gig. I thought Christians considered lying to be a sin:

Well I don't know where they come from
But they sure do come
I hope they comin' for me
And I don't know how they do it
But they sure do it good
I hope they doin' it for free

(What do you got Mike? What do you got?)

Cat scratch fever
I like Cat scratch fever

First time that I got it
I was just ten years old
I got it from some kitty next door
And I went to see the doctor
He gave me the cure
But I think I'd like it some more

(I'd like it some more, Mike!)

Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

Well, it's nothin dangerous
And I feel no pain
I've got to cha-cha-change
You know you got it when you're going insane
It makes a grown man cry, cry,
So won't you make my bed

I make the pussy purr
with the stroke of my hand
They know they gettin' it from me uh huh
Know just where to go
When they need some lovin' man
They know I'm doing it, Mike,
and I do it all the time!

I like to scratch that fever
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
I got catch scratch fever
I like it so much I can't stand it
Cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
I got it bad, that fever
I like the Cat scratch fever

And if he's going to go around giving instructions on how to raise wholesome kids, how does he explain this:
Quote:
During his father's 2008 presidential campaign, both Newsweek and the Los Angeles Times reported that David Huckabee had been dismissed as a Boy Scout camp counselor in 1998. Huckabee, then 17, was alleged to have been involved in the hanging of a stray dog.

When an animal rights group sought records from the Arkansas state police the request was denied. John Bailey, the then-police chief reported that "(Mike Huckabee's) chief of staff and personal lawyer both pressured him to write a letter officially denying the local prosecutor's request." Mike Huckabee fired Bailey seven months later.

In December 2007, Bailey told Newsweek that the governor told him "I've lost confidence in your ability to do your job" and "I couldn't get you to help me with my son when I had that problem." Mike Huckabee flatly denied Bailey's account. He insisted his son did not engage in "intentional torture." A campaign official said that David Huckabee "regrets the incident."

So now Huckabee is accompanying Nugent in another way -- singing the blues about being the latest "martyr" of liberal cultural correctness...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-22-2015 at 08:39 AM..