Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Jovi Fan

I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....
Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease View Post
I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.
Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 07-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Jovi Geek

All I'll say is that those that truly know what is going on aren't talking to fans or anyone else for that matter. There are lots of rumors, conjecture, etc running rampant everywhere so those that claim they have a source that knows someone that knows someone while I'm sure has no ill will is just repeating what really is just gossip.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.
Haha.

Absolutely - but then we're not exactly in a place that deals solely in official release info.
We can either choose to accept people "offering" potentially helpful source information and tolerate it for what it is, or we don't.

I'm sure we'd all rather hear the theories and decide for ourselves without getting stroppy about people having sources they can't quote?

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....
Old 07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKatz View Post
Does this sound like Phil's run with Bon Jovi is over now? Or am I reading too much into it?

@TheRealPhilX: a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!
That's past tense. But, Phil has always been somewhat careful what he tweets, seems like a classy guy. Never responds when ask if he'll be somewhere but I would have used "make" if still going on. Could just be the break but we will see come Sept.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

No speculation in that, I am told. So make of it what you will.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterytrain View Post
Just heard from someone who claims to know what's going on that Richie /was/ in New Jersey recently for a reason unrelated to the band, and he and Jon were supposed to hash things out while he was there, but that the meeting between them never happened.

The source claims that Jon is all raw nerves at the moment and is increasingly difficult to work with.

Apparently Richie was upset nothing was discussed while in Jersey so he flew back to L.A. and released the "Come Back As Me" song as his 'reaction' to the whole thing. It hadn't been planned, but he was pissed off so he decided to release it.

Don't know whether to believe this source, but it's a plausible scenario, and would explain Richie's previous Tweets about jetlag.
With all the pictures about that same day and even the next - it would have been a quick trip. When Richie posted about jetlag, Joe Roman replied with a you need to come on to the right time zone then, Joe was also sharing pics in UK and Greece, he was there then. 3 weeks in a 9 hour time zone diff. maybe it did take Richie a while to regroup his sleep pattern.

Last edited by golittleperson; 07-30-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

Richie or not, I think people were speculating about Phil returning anyway since his baby is due in October. (Unless, of course, his wife schedules a C section around tour dates. )
Old 07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post

what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra View Post
what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!
And Jon..

Ok I'll let myself out