Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
If more people purchased it instead of stealing it, we would probably have something by now.

Unfortunately, I think that New Jersey will be the first and last.

Good job everyone. Way to support your band.
What constitutes to stealing it? People have been stealing music for years (doesn't make it right i know). But I get all my stuff off Spotify. Not arsed about all the glossy shite and pictures. All that stuff will always be available online soon enough.

They really should have spend all that effort on content. Gone into the vaults, released a triple box set a Remastered full show on DVD. Hammersmith etc. Given us all something that we'd be literally trippin' over for years. But what was released wasn't much of a surprise, and what was released didn't sound great either
Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Price of posting

Funny how blames piracy to justify that probably there will be more special edition as the latter. Let's be honest, many lesser known bands that Bon Jovi remaster their albums every so often with better unreleased material, other artists are getting very juicy box set en these times, both physical, on vinyl and digital download format.

You blame the fans for not buy New Jersey for sixth time, but that's not the real problem. Jon has become very stingy releasing material from the past, he no longer treats fans as generously as 10 years ago, so if Jon does not give a shit about their fans, no wonder that turn their back occasionally.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-22-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 10-22-2014, 02:09 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Funny how blames piracy to justify that probably there will be more special edition as the latter. Let's be honest, many lesser known bands that Bon Jovi remaster their albums every so often with better unreleased material, other artists are getting very juicy box set en these times, both physical, on vinyl and digital download format.

You blame the fans for not buy New Jersey for sixth time, but that's not the real problem. Jon has become very stingy releasing material from the past, he no longer treats fans as generously as 10 years ago, so if Jon does not give a shit about their fans, no wonder that turn their back occasionally.
All very true. I'm just bitter and feel like blaming someone. The fact still remains that we are less then 1% of fans out there so whatever the problem is, it's much bigger that the people here.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
All very true. I'm just bitter and feel like blaming someone. The fact still remains that we are less then 1% of fans out there so whatever the problem is, it's much bigger that the people here.
I know, and believe me, I'm nervous about not having more information about the next project, late October and still know nothing.

The only reason I bought this latest release of New Jersey was to have DVD Access All Areas, as contained subtitles in Spanish for the first time.

Jon could work a little more when it comes to making a real gift to the fans, I think a new box set with 4 or 5 CDs and a DVD with a show from 80s, is something worth paying.

Anyway, I would be happy with new editions of Keep The Faith, Slippery When Wet and These Days for include unreleased songs as New Jersey Super Deluxe Edition.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-22-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
I know, and believe me, I'm nervous about not having more information about the next project, late October and still know nothing.

The only reason I bought this latest release of New Jersey was to have DVD Access All Areas, as contained subtitles in Spanish for the first time.

Jon could work a little more when it comes to making a real gift to the fans, I think a new box set with 4 or 5 CDs and a DVD with a show from 80s, is something worth paying.

Anyway, I would be happy with new editions of Keep The Faith, Slippery When Wet and These Days for include unreleased songs as New Jersey Super Deluxe Edition.
The die hard fan base is so small, but it sounds like you're saying it didn't sell because it didn't have enough stuff? More stuff = higher price point = less accessible to an audience that's already pretty fragmented = even less sales.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The die hard fan base is so small, but it sounds like you're saying it didn't sell because it didn't have enough stuff? More stuff = higher price point = less accessible to an audience that's already pretty fragmented = even less sales.
know the limited editions?

http://www.alterbridgeboxset.com/
http://shop.afm-records.de/en/alter-...e-box-set.html

This is a great 10th anniversary celebration. Imagine 30th anniversary.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Posting Always

Quote:

You're right, Rolio. A band the sheer size of Bon Jovi - we should be getting a lot lot more mid album. The best thing we've had by far is the Evening With sessions - which wasn't officially released, only leaked
Old 10-24-2014, 01:02 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:

Yep, I'm aware of them but you're not grasping that Bon Jovi don't have the type of fanbase for a project like that. If they did then these items will be selling, not because it's stuff we already have.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yep, I'm aware of them but you're not grasping that Bon Jovi don't have the type of fanbase for a project like that. If they did then these items will be selling, not because it's stuff we already have.

These special releases make grow the fanbase, but Jon only cares about sold stadiums and attract a wider audience. In the end it comes down to wanting to do it or not.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:09 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
These special releases make grow the fanbase, but Jon only cares about sold stadiums and attract a wider audience. In the end it comes down to wanting to do it or not.
I've never met someone so consistently wrong. You're not grasping how basic business works.

I...I...never mind. Just never mind.

Tags
deluxe edition, new jersey (album)