Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 07-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Livin' on a Post

I used to think Ride Cowboy Ride was the weakest track on the album. I didn't like the old timey sound it had on the album, and I thought it interupted the flow of the track list.

My opinion of it radically changed once seeing Jon and Richie perform it live in accustic. Now I appriciate how basic and raw it is, and it's one of my favorites.
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Breakout

Guys, have any of you got this Interview CD?
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=3303867

Interview with Jon and Richie, song by song on New Jersey. Talks about the double album idea, which songs didn't make it etc and why and songs like Wind is the Wind which did make it onto the full album as oppose to disc 2 and why....

Worth getting hold of a copy.
Huddersfield - 13th June 2001
Milton Keynes - 16th June 2001
London - 28th June 2003
Manchester - 4th June 2006
Manchester - 22nd June 2008
Chicago - 30th July 2010
Manchester - 24th June 2011
Manchester - 8th June 2013
Glasgow - 3rd July 2014 (Richie)
Leeds - 15th October 2016 (Richie)
Liverpool - 19th June 2019
Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Yes. I'll have to try and find it, its been a loooooooonnngggg time.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker1981 View Post

Interview with Jon and Richie, song by song on New Jersey. Talks about the double album idea, which songs didn't make it etc and why and songs like Wind is the Wind which did make it onto the full album as oppose to disc 2 and why....

Yeah, it's also a pretty good document as to how interested Jon was in regards to talking about the album, considering how he's constantly yawning and his attitude is nothing but "get it over with". Still, it's nice to hear what they had to say at the time, it's been years since I've heard it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:

Can someone please post another link with this? For me it doesn't work,it says that the page has a redirect loop.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Suddenly

Default Super deluxe albums

Hey friends!

I guess the burning question on all our minds is what albums in super deluxe mode are coming soon???

In singapore they haven't brought in the super deluxe editions of new jersey because of the censorship authority..

can anyone share what is the quality of the dvd? is the footage good? or VHS quality?

Bon jovi management have given us nice demos..just a little dissapointing with does anybody really fall in love...the demos of this song we have are the better and complete versions that should have been released.Before this was released in july, i was hoping they would include demo versions of bad medicine and i'll be there for you...it's interesting to see the difference between the demo takes and the mastered songs.

i guess alot of fans just want alot of rare stuff that we are often a bit disappointed when stuff like these are released.

For the 30th anniversary, it was said that they are releasing live material later this year..hmm hope the live material is going to be spanning all the old eras..
Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Livin' on a Post

Hey guys, haven't posted for a while although I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the NJ reissue.

I would just like to say how awesome it was hearing 'new' music from Jovi that oozes passion and creativity for a change. Finally having these songs in an official format, despite most being unfinished, is great and I can't stop listening even now, some two or three weeks after release.

Standouts for me include 'Growin' Up The Hard Way' 'Love Hurts' 'Backdoor To Heaven' and 'House of Fire.'

'Diamond Ring' might just be my favourite though. It almost has a doom metal vibe to it musically and actually reminds me of Sabbath/early HIM.

My only negative really is that no song on disc 2, nor 'Love Is War,' would realistically replace anything from the original album. Those songs are just too good to replace. At an absolute push I think 'House Of Fire' and 'Backdoor' could replace 'Medicine' and 'Wild Is The Wind' respectively.

Just my opinion

James

@JayChapperz
Old 07-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

I'd like to ask about the Japanesse Super Deluxe edition - what is the exact difference vs. other countries?

Here are two product descriptions I found (second one is google translated from Japanesse):

The contents of this release will be identical to the worldwide release, except for SHM-CD format and a description with Japanese translation.
Comes with a description with Japanese translation, lyrics, and a booklet (hard-cover, subject to change).
Digipak. *Region code of included DVD is unknown.
Special Feature / Bonus Track: bonus tracks

- 2010 remastered
- CD: only Japan SHM-CD specification
- DVD: Japanese subtitles
- description of the (original liner / reason + Masanori Ito liner) with bilingual lyrics
- Blu-ray size inclusion (planned Hardcover enhanced the number of pages further Deluxe Edition) digipack
- booklet
- Bonus track

What I would like to know:

1. description with Japanese translation
- Is there a second booklet? / original booklet is in two languages? / is the original booklet only in Japanesse?

2. Comes with a description with Japanese translation, lyrics, and a booklet
- Is this description a second (additional) booklet?
- Is this description in Japanese only or in both languages?
- Do non-Japanesse editions also contain lyrics (if so, of both CDs or fonly irst one?)?

3. Region code of included DVD is unknown
Will it play in EU?

4. DVD: Japanese subtitles
Can they be swwitched off?

What I suspect is that there is a standard booklet plus an aditional booklet with liner notes and lyrics (additional booklet being either only in Japanesse or in both languages). What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Crash_; 07-19-2014 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 AM
The Distance

Quote:

I do have it and actually never listened to it.... I'll have to check it out tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:

Those who have heard it, is the same interview?

Tags
deluxe edition, new jersey (album)