Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Japan 1985

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Suddenly

Default Japan 1985

Hi people, long time fan here, been listening since 85.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the site, I have looked through this forum in hope there was a section for sharing/selling bootlegs.

The reason being, I have a 1st Generation VHS of a concert from Japan 1985.
I was considering putting onto DVD for other fans to appreciate. Unlike alot of VHS boots from back then, this is a recording from the original TV masters and so the quality is as good as it was in 1985.

If someone wants to drop me a line either on this thread of via PM to tell me a) its worth converting or is widely available
b) the area on the site where such trades/sales can be discussed.

Thanks.........

Old 04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachine View Post
Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the site, I have looked through this forum in hope there was a section for sharing/selling bootlegs.
Sharing's fine, but selling is out of the question. There's a PIF - forum for that.

Quote:
1st gen as in you got a copy of the original TV-tapes? The concert has been shared many times and most of us probably have it on DVD already.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachine View Post
Hi people, long time fan here, been listening since 85.

I was considering putting onto DVD for other fans to appreciate. Unlike alot of VHS boots from back then, this is a recording from the original TV masters and so the quality is as good as it was in 1985.

If someone wants to drop me a line either on this thread of via PM to tell me a) its worth converting or is widely available
b) the area on the site where such trades/sales can be discussed.

Thanks.........
Which songs are on the VHS tape? As it might be worth converting it if the show is full with King Of The Mountain and Roulette.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Suddenly

Thanks for the replies, my initial post was somewhat vague, I have no intention in Selling, I was looking for an area to trade.

When I return home I will check the track listing. In terms of the quality of the recording, I got the Tape in 1985 and was told it was from the direct TV master, the quality in both sound and vision are at least 9 out of 10. There may have been some initial loss due to the conversion to PAL.

Anyway, I will confirm the track listing later..... Take it easy.....