Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Best post OWN live vocal performances

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Born to be my Baby

Default Best post OWN live vocal performances

Hey everybody! I want to find some of the best live vocal performances post OWN tour. I really want to know what Jon is capable of live nowdays.
Let me start

I didn't expect him to do that at 6:30. Looks like his voice was in great shape that night.

Great performance of IBTFY.Checkout that note at 3:45. Also he hit a similar note at Charlotte 2010.

Great performance of Damned.He even sang the part with ''It's getting harder holding on but I can't let you go'' like in the studio,not the same notes,but in the same way,if you get what i mean . Also he made some chirping sounds at 4:36.

Great performance of Something to Believe In.Jon was on fire that night! Checkout the whole Sydney show from 2010

Another nice performance of Something to Believe In. Jon really pushed himself during this one...you can see him coughing at the end of the performance.

My favorite performance of always,post OWN tour of course .

Great performance of KTF. Probably the last performance when Jon went into that Jungle part with the screams and everything

Hope to see you guys share some other performances.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Posting everyday

Damned from Toronto 2003. Jon screams the word "Damned" every time in the chorus which gives me absolute chills. Other fantastic Damned performances were in Frankfurt 2008 and Toronto 2010.

Bed of Roses from Frankfurt 2008. Jon went far out of his comfort zone that night and especially here. He even used his raspy voice for "I got nothing to prove..." (5:42) like he did during the mid-90's.

Vocally probaby his best effort in recent years on These Days. Again from Frankfurt 2008. He even used the higher register for "I guess I'd rather die than fade away..."

I'll Be There For You from Charlotte 2010. Enough said...

Dry County from the 3rd night at MSG 2011. The band were forced off stage due to a power failure and came back furious. It's reflected in this performance (and KTF as well!).

Hey God from Mannheim 2011. As the show progressed, Jon got more and more confident with his vocals and pushed for it. Very intense, sent shivers down my spine as I attended the concert.

I was hoping to find a video of the broadcasted audio, but all I was able to come up with was that one. It was the matinee in Philly 2010 and the best vocals he pulled off on Always since the 90's for me. I'll dig out the broadcast and post a proper audio file.
EDIT: Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSRg...ature=youtu.be
Considering how he sounds on these broadcasts nowadays it was astonishing how well he was singing there.

I Believe from London 2008. His singing was more aggressive in Lisbon 2011, but overall I liked this one more vocally.

There were surely more impressive ones but I don't feel like searching any more stuff

Last edited by bonjovi90; 08-23-2014 at 11:49 PM..
Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 PM
The Distance

Nice Vocal...
Shot Through The Heart (Honolulu 2010)

Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9LGDA2D8I
Damned from Toronto 2003. Jon screams the word "Damned" every time in the chorus which gives me absolute chills. Other fantastic Damned performances were in Frankfurt 2008 and Toronto 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wErC8eruXg
Bed of Roses from Frankfurt 2008. Jon went far out of his comfort zone that night and especially here. He even used his raspy voice for "I got nothing to prove..." (5:42) like he did during the mid-90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdDEHZeQdD0
Vocally probaby his best effort in recent years on These Days. Again from Frankfurt 2008. He even used the higher register for "I guess I'd rather die than fade away..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY1HSz94C2w
I'll Be There For You from Charlotte 2010. Enough said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl2NnRbjXZk
Dry County from the 3rd night at MSG 2011. The band were forced off stage due to a power failure and came back furious. It's reflected in this performance (and KTF as well!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX00TId2bHQ
Hey God from Mannheim 2011. As the show progressed, Jon got more and more confident with his vocals and pushed for it. Very intense, sent shivers down my spine as I attended the concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEUAgPEzjOo
I was hoping to find a video of the broadcasted audio, but all I was able to come up with was that one. It was the matinee in Philly 2010 and the best vocals he pulled off on Always since the 90's for me. I'll dig out the broadcast and post a proper audio file.
EDIT: Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSRg...ature=youtu.be
Considering how he sounds on these broadcasts nowadays it was astonishing how well he was singing there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3mm35ahTI
I Believe from London 2008. His singing was more aggressive in Lisbon 2011, but overall I liked this one more vocally.

There were surely more impressive ones but I don't feel like searching any more stuff
Thanks Dominik - I was at a bunch of these shows - which is why I guess I am still a die hard.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Amazing thread, he sounds great in all of these. I hope one day he comes back.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Born to be my Baby

Let it Rock (London 2010). First time they played this in 19 years and Jon still pulls off an impressive performance.

Something to Believe In (also London 2010). Totally hair-raising performance. I used to wake up listening to this performance.

Last edited by bwehehehe; 08-24-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORxm_LrsvAE
Something to Believe In (also London 2010). Totally hair-raising performance. I used to wake up listening to this performance.
Superb! I don't want to go and watch a live Bon Jovi show again until this type of performance is guaranteed.

What irritates me is that Jon has got it in him. These videos prove it; this was only 4 years ago.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBilly View Post
Superb! I don't want to go and watch a live Bon Jovi show again until this type of performance is guaranteed.

What irritates me is that Jon has got it in him. These videos prove it; this was only 4 years ago.
He hasn't got it in him anymore. When his voice was super shot to hell in 2006 he adapted his voice and sounded different in 2008 - almost sounded like Cher! It was the technique Jon was using to get the notes out that changed and how he used his diaphragm. He was able to belt out these songs and Blood Money and hit the notes.

Now Jon has run out of options into how to get those notes out. Thats why you'll never ever hear songs like Living In Sin, Something To Believe In, These Days, Blood Money from this moment on. I mean he even struggles to sing the songs we take for granted - Bad Name and Wanted. He physically doesn't have it in him to reach those notes. He can have all the energy and charisma on stage - and he will always have that. But his fundamental tool is wrecked.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
He hasn't got it in him anymore. When his voice was super shot to hell in 2006 he adapted his voice and sounded different in 2008 - almost sounded like Cher! It was the technique Jon was using to get the notes out that changed and how he used his diaphragm. He was able to belt out these songs and Blood Money and hit the notes.

Now Jon has run out of options into how to get those notes out. Thats why you'll never ever hear songs like Living In Sin, Something To Believe In, These Days, Blood Money from this moment on. I mean he even struggles to sing the songs we take for granted - Bad Name and Wanted. He physically doesn't have it in him to reach those notes. He can have all the energy and charisma on stage - and he will always have that. But his fundamental tool is wrecked.
Who's to say there isn't some way to adapt his singing technique even now?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
Who's to say there isn't some way to adapt his singing technique even now?
I think what Nickolai is trying to say is that Jon lost alot of power and alot of range and there is a very small chance that he will regain what he has lost...I think that if you've lost that much range there is no tehnique that you can adapt to hit those high notes again.
But still,I hope that they will return with a new album(i'm not hoping for a KTF NJ etc but something similar to HAND, LH would be great for me) with better production,songs,vocals and do a kickass tour like The Circle.