Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Do you think they've hung out?

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

See this video (from 2004 I think). It's an interview between Jon and Michael Kay of the Yankees.

At about 2:51 he is asked by Michael who the person would be that he would most like to have in a foxhole. He answers Richie without any hesitation and says that he is as loyal as they come.

I think up until 2006 or 2007 they had a good relationship. When Richie broke his shoulder during the HAND tour I remember another interview about Richie only being out a short time (which he was). Jon answered that Richie is not going to lie to me, if he says that he will be ready - he will be ready.

It would take me some digging to find that but I remember it well. I think sometime after those years with Richie trying to dry out a few times that the relationship deteriorated.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
The Distance

I think at the very most, a text is exchanged.

Outside the music, they don't interact much at all. They don't go to dinner or have backyard BBQs. I doubt that any of the band members have even been to Jon's house in the Hamptons.

The friendship they have for eachother is on a different level. They've shared success together which includes all the highs and lows.

I do believe that they care for each other but they are business friends for the most part.

And Jon and Richie are NOT best friends! I don't think that they could stand each other. I think it's all a front for the camera.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-29-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

My former boss worked extensively with both Jon and Richie for a PR firm and always said to me they were tight, were known to hang out and even holidayed together. This was way back in 2003 when he ended his career in that particular part of showbiz, so perhaps things changed since then. He had plenty of stories on Jon and Richie as well as other people in the public eye, but nothing too juicy. He said he never liked Jon cause his eyes looked dead. I never really pressed him on it because I do not care about this kind of stuff, but I thought it was fairly common knowledge that those two did do stuff together away from the band. I guess not, and I think we can assume that they don't anymore.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

There is a definite change in dynamics over the years but I think that is normal. They grew up together in a way, they now have families and lives apart but I'd like to think (current tensions aside) that when it comes down to it they would be there for one another. For those of you old enough, think about people who have been in your life for 30 years....

I know I may be living in a delusional brotherhood bubble but I always felt like they did like one another. Life, issues have gotten in the way so I feel like the hang out/ off the job days are finished however.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
...When Richie broke his shoulder during the HAND tour I remember another interview about Richie only being out a short time (which he was). Jon answered that Richie is not going to lie to me, if he says that he will be ready - he will be ready.

It would take me some digging to find that but I remember it well. I think sometime after those years with Richie trying to dry out a few times that the relationship deteriorated.
I remember an interview from Japan when Jon said Richie's days consisted only of being bedridden in his hotel room and doing the gigs -- "Bless him." Jon also said that he was refusing painkillers at the time. But ironically, it was probably then that Richie was first introduced to them. And remember how he had to have his guitars strapped over his other shoulder?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-30-2014 at 07:23 AM..
Old 09-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
While I don't think it's as bad as that there's a video of the two of them in Conan in 2003. Richie cracks a joke and makes the angriest face I've ever seen and mutters under his breath. It's weird when they let their guard down.
Is it this one??

Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Yessir!! You got it.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:35 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Yessir!! You got it.
Which part? Great interview. I've must have watched it 100 times between then and now.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Which part? Great interview. I've must have watched it 100 times between then and now.
At 1:20. I don't have sound right now but I remember noticing it's like Richie cut him off and Jon muttered something I can't make out.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
At 1:20. I don't have sound right now but I remember noticing it's like Richie cut him off and Jon muttered something I can't make out.
I thought there was a more obvious instance at ~ 8:00 mark, where Richie butts in with a joke about choosing the touring location at random with a 'dartboard' - whereas Jon trying to answer the question properly, and ends up just shaking his head.