Phil Rudd: AC/DC drummer charged with attempting to procure murder

Other Bands

Old 11-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Phil Rudd: AC/DC drummer charged with attempting to procure murder

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...r-9843201.html

Quote:
Phil Rudd, drummer of AC/DC, has been charged with attempting to arrange a murder.

The Australian musician has additionally been charged with possessing the drugs methamphetamine and cannabis, as well as making threats to kill, after his house on the New Zealand island of Tauranga was raided this morning.

He appeared in in Tauranga district court in today, and was released on bail until 27 November. As part of the bail conditions, he must have any contact with anyone involved in the alleged murder plot. He did not enter a plea during his brief court appearance.

Rudd is accused of attempting to hire one person to kill two men between 25 September and 26 September.

He is also accused of threatening to kill a complainant on 26 September.

A judge ruled that the name of the alleged targets and hitman cannot be released.

An attempt to procure murder carries a sentence of up to 10 years in New Zealand.

AC/DC are due to release a new album, Rock or Bust, on 23 November, although Rudd has been absent from two video shoots.

He also does not feature in the first picture the band has released to promote their new material, prompting speculation that he had left the group.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Something for the Posts

First Malcom Young is forced to retire due to dementia, then there's the still-unexplained absence of Rudd from the promotion of their forthcoming album, and now Rudd tries to hire a hitman?

Did Malcom's departure create a power shift within the band? Does his brother and co-founding member Angus Young now have the upper hand, and did he use it to force Rudd out?

P.S. Drumming, methamphetamine, and cannabis does not strike me as the smartest of combinations.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-12-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-07-2014, 04:09 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
AC/DC Drummer PHIL RUDD: Procuring Murder Charge Dropped

(T)he charge against AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd of attempting to procure murder has been withdrawn. Rudd still faces one charge of threatening to kill as well as possession of methamphetamine and cannabis, which his lawyer...Paul Mabey QC...described as "minor."

...Crown Solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones withdrew the attempting-to-procure-murder charge after a meeting with Mabey and police in Tauranga, New Zealand.

Mabey said: "I was advised by the Crown Solicitor Hollister-Jones that he had reviewed the police file and the available evidence to support the charge of attempting to procure murder. He had formed the view that there was insufficient evidence...He has now withdrawn the charge..."

He said his client had "suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting...He said Rudd would defend the threatening to kill charge...
You don't file a charge like that just to annoy someone -- either the police botched an undercover sting, or they decided that the witness was completely unreliable. The mystery of why Rudd is no longer in the band remains, however...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-27-2015 at 10:19 PM..
Old 11-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Something for the Posts

In the event this story ISN'T weird enough for you...

Quote:
Herald Sun: The alleged intended hitman said he had been friends with Rudd and met him when he ran a parlour in Tauranga. He said the rock drummer was “a good fella”, though he’d had some problems.

The man told the Bay of Plenty Times Rudd would often let him drive his cars – the latest Ferrari and Lamborghini models – as well as going for trips in his helicopter or going out fishing.

But when asked about murder plot allegations, the man replied: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Well, IS he the alleged hitman who went to the police about Rudd, or is he not? If he isn't, why not say so? We don't know what HE'S talking about!

Last edited by rocknation; 11-12-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Is AC/DC still looking for a new drummer?

https://youtu.be/q0vihKzKn2Q

Last edited by rocknation; 05-26-2015 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
RollingStone.com: AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleaded guilty to drug charges and threatening to kill a former assistant at a hearing Tuesday in New Zealand's Tauranga District Court...

(F)ollowing the failure of Rudd's solo album...(he) fired much of his staff, including the assistant...Rudd phoned an unnamed Australian associate and asked if they would murder his former assistant in exchange for $200,000, a car, a motorbike or a house. The following day, Rudd made several threatening phone calls to his former assistant, culminating in one call where the drummer stated, "I'm going to come over and kill you."

Although Rudd was initially arrested on a murder-for-hire charge, that was immediately dismissed due to lack of evidence...Rudd's lawyer...argued outside of court that "This matter essentially revolved around an angry phone call" (and that) the prosecution's entire case stemmed from an unwarranted police search...91 grams (3 ounces) of marijuana (was) stashed throughout (Rudd's) house in addition to the methamphetamine (he) had in his pockets...

Rudd initially told the court he would plead not guilty on all counts...In December, while out on bail, Rudd got into a "fracas" with a trial witness and his own bodyguard after a "chance meeting" with the witness...In February...his lawyer quit...Rudd will be sentenced on June 26th...
I thought all the charges had been dismissed because he publicly asked for his job back in late December. He pleads guilty and is reduced to hoping he can get off via a technicality? Nikki Lund, this could be your future!

Last edited by rocknation; 05-27-2015 at 10:27 PM..

Tags
acϟdc, phil rudd