Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

JBJ Acoustic Show BAHAMAS May/23/2015

Tour Discussion

Old 06-22-2015, 04:56 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I agree that reading lyrics is by no means a sign of Jon being lazy. His lack of efforts to protect his voice throughout his whole career and sounding the way he does now, however, is exactly that.
The thing is though, he HAS made efforts to protect his voice. He's had a doctor on tour with him. He goes through vocal warm ups and cool downs every night. He started using a professional vocal coach back in the 80's (Katie Agresta). I don't know why people think he's not doing anything. He did an incredibly stupid thing and started smoking, but in terms of rock star stupidity, that's rather on the mild side.

Maybe the issues he has with his voice can't be corrected with surgery. It might not be so cut and dry as that. Or it might be a case where if he had surgery he could lose the ability to sing at all--that's what happened to my great aunt. That's between him and his otolaryngologist.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
He's in the middle of writing an album. When I saw him do an acoustic show in 1998 and he was also in the process of writing songs, he said that his mind was so full of "words and chords and chords and words" that it was confusing and it made remembering lyrics difficult--and that was nearly 20 years ago. He was laughing about it then because he had said when he was younger he didn't understand how a songwriter could forget the lyrics to his own song. It's not that he's lazy or doesn't care.
He's been doing that for years now, whether he's writing or not.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
He's been doing that for years now, whether he's writing or not.
My implication wasn't that it's just because he's writing--it's that he's got too many songs in his head to remember them all. It's not because he doesn't care. As he said nearly 20 years ago, when he was younger, he didn't understand how a songwriter could forget his own songs. When he was 35, he understood.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

A bit longer and clearer clip from the Q&A.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Jayster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossy View Post
Alright, now Iīve listened to a few excerpts of the Show. And I really donīt understand what some of you write! Okay, of course his Voice is not as good as in the 90s anymore. But it really ainīt that bad! My God, he got older and itīs Springtime, he is strained by allergies. So what?! I think it really does not sound THAT miserable, come on, itīs live...
I agree with you. I find it pretty sad and pathetic that so many people just come on here to slate Jon's vocals and some even claim they could do better.

The fact he even does these intimate shows and plays so many songs should be a cause of celebration. While Steve Tyler may have a voice that's aged better, he's lazy by comparison. Jon does produce a lot more music and play a lot more shows than most of his contemporaries.

It's not like he's Bob Dylan or Meat Loaf level. The guy can still sing well enough for most people to enjoy his performances.

When are the office chair critics going to accept the 1985 version of JBJ isn't going to be back?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
June 21st 2008 - Hampden Park, Glasgow
December 10th 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
December 11th 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
December 14th 2013 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
December 15th 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
February 26th 2014 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney - Richie Sambora