Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bruce Springsteen Mocks New Jersey Governor

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 05-05-2015, 04:02 AM
Something for the Posts

Too bad Chris Christie and David Wildstein aren't friends anymore. Otherwise David could clue Chris in about the diet he's on.

If it weren't for Bridge(t)gate, you'd think he was terminally ill.

Seems like only yesterday when the man on the left was smirking in state court while his lawyer promised that he'd tell all as soon as he got total immunity from state AND federal prosecution. Instead, he got what barely qualifies as a plea deal. Directly from the court documents:

Quote:
NJ.com: Specifically, this (federal prosecutor's) Office will accept a guilty plea from David Wildstein to a two-count Information charging in Count 1 that David Wildstein conspired to intentionally misapply property of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey...and in Count 2 that David Wildstein conspired to violate a right secured by the Constitution of the United States.

If David Wildstein enters a guilty plea and is sentenced on these charges, and otherwise fully complies with all of the terms of this agreement, this Office will not initiate any further criminal charges against him for violations related to the "Bridge Scheme" or arising out of other information that he has provided to this Office...
And what of Wildstein's boss, and the woman who put the "Bridge(t)" in Bridge(t)-Gate? No snitching accomplished -- at least not yet.

Quote:
NJ.com: Bill Baroni and Bridget Kelly were each indicted on nine counts...(They) conspired with Wildstein to claim the lane closures were part of a Port Authority traffic study. But no study existed. They also allegedly conspired to ignore the Fort Lee mayor's questions as he tried to get to the bottom of the sudden traffic problems in the borough.

Wildstein, Kelly and Baroni allegedly delayed the closure of the lanes until Sept. 9, 2013, to maximize the impact of the traffic problems. They knew waiting until the first day of school for children in Fort Lee "would intensify Mayor Sokolich's punishment," the indictment said.

Baroni and Kelly's charges include conspiracy against civil rights, deprivation of civil rights, wire fraud, conspiring to "intentionally misapply property of an organization receiving federal benefits" and related charges...(which) carry a maximum penalty of up to 20 years in prison, the U.S. Attorney's office said...

Baroni's attorney...said Baroni did nothing wrong. "David Wildstein is a criminal and a liar," Michael Baldasarre said...

Kelly appeared at a press conference at her attorney's office in Roseland. She also called Wildstein "a liar" (and said)..."I will fight relentlessly to clear myself of these charges..."
That's pretty tough talk considering that they were looking for immunity themselves. So what's their defense strategy -- that Wildstein made the whole thing up? That he engineered Bridge(t)-Gate all by himself? Or that everyone was just following (Christie's) orders?

Meanwhile, I'm sure you've noticed that Christie isn't involved in this round of indictments -- and I'm sure you're not surprised that Christie is heralding it as a moral victory:

Quote:
NJ.com: About 15 minutes after federal prosecutors finished describing the psychotic and criminal behavior of his senior staff, the governor issued a statement saying the Bridgegate scandal is basically over.

To prove it, his office e-blasted this quote from U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman across the digital universe: "Based on the evidence that is currently available to us, we're not going to charge anybody else in this scheme."

The message was that the storm has passed, it's time to move on. Go ahead and write those checks to his presidential campaign.

But did Fishman really say this scandal is winding down?...Note how carefully he parsed his words...He's working to make more evidence available by squeezing Baroni and Kelly...Another potential problem for Christie: Fishman said nothing about the investigation of David Samson...
I'm sure Fishman is hoping that Kelly and/or Baroni will squeal in exchange for lighter charges and punishments, but the real point is that he doesn't need them because he has such a strong case against Samson. It all comes down to whether he offered anyone immunity in the first place -- I don't think he did, and I don't think he will now.

Quote:
Prosecutors now have Bill Baroni and Bridget Kelly in an iron vise...That gives them both new reason to talk....Kelly...is a single mother of four children. Will she really hold her ground...(o)r...cut her losses like Wildstein, plead guilty, and start talking to Fishman?
Bridget Kelly has set up a online fundraising page:

Quote:
As you can imagine, this past year has been extraordinarily difficult. From losing a job that I loved, to being publicly humiliated and ostracized, and now to being wrongfully charged with a crime...(D)ue to the high profile nature of this case and the concerted effort(s) of some of my former colleagues...it has become impossible for me to gain employment and finance a defense of the charges on my own...
Her plea is accompanied by a pic of the family:

who are wearing what I have been advised are clothing of the Vineyard Vines variety -- $40 US for shirts, $65 for skirts, $26 for T-shirts -- and you should see what their ADULT clothing sells for!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-31-2015 at 02:44 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Something for the Posts

The post-Bridge(t)-Gate Indictments edition of Chris Christie is back on the job(s) of being New Jersey governor and trying to be United States president. Venturing out on first town hall meeting in weeks, he bragged that "I'm not proud or happy of what happened, but I'm going to stop apologizing for it too...I'm moving on from it now because I've lived through 15 months of three investigations that have now confirmed everything I said 15 months ago." Except that even his own investigation didn't involve the people who were indicted. Anyway, he's back at work:

Quote:
Gov. Christie vetoed (a) bill...designed to stop New Jersey public officials from delivering lucrative pension deals to their campaign contributors...The legislation also would have required the pension system to fully disclose all Wall Street fees, a provision Christie said would be "disadvantageous."

...Already, a Securities and Exchange Commission rule effectively bars financial firms managing state pension money from donating to governors who oversee pension investment decisions. The legislation Christie vetoed would have strengthened New Jersey's state version of those federal rules...

“The fund managers and investment advisers already must abide by federal campaign contribution laws,” Christie wrote in a memo explaining his decision. “Because the federal campaign contribution laws pre-empt state law in this area, I cannot approve of such a provision.”

...(A)t the same time, his administration faces a new investigation into New Jersey pension fees paid to financial firms, some of whose executives made contributions to Republican groups backing Christie.
And some of those firms even went so far as to employ his wife -- until VERY recently. So not only does the public not have a right to know what their own public funds are being spent, the state doesn't get to strengthen their own laws protecting them? This law would be to Christie's disadvantage, all right!

Quote:
Christie billed state $85K on VIP boxes; GOP reimbursed it

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie spent $85,000 in public money to entertain in luxury boxes at sports venues between 2010 and early 2012, when state Republicans started to pay for the expenses and reimbursed the state for those already incurred. The money came from an account, worth $95,000 a year, that Christie can use to pay for official entertainment or other expenses associated with his job...

Much of Christie's spending from the account is used to pay for entertaining at the governor's mansion, known as Drumthwacket. Though Christie does not live there, the state's budget provides money for the property's maintenance, official receptions and "other expenses." The expenses are allowed by state law and do not include the cost of using luxury boxes at MetLife Stadium, Prudential Arena and the Izod Center, which are provided to the state for use by the governor...

The Christie administration decided in 2012 to stop using the account to pay for food and other expenses at the arenas...(T)he New Jersey Republican State Committee repaid the state for the expenses accrued in 2010 and 2011, minus $3,367.22 which it reimbursed the Department of the Treasury this week after the governor's office discovered the discrepancy while reviewing the documents requested by (the Associated Press)...

(L)awmakers (have) introduced a bill...that would require the governor to file a written report with the State Ethics Commission about use of the funds each year...
Arrogance unto the gods: after spending on things the state already provided him with AND having the GOP reimburse him, paying income tax on it is the LEAST he could have done! Or is reimbursed money not considered income?

It has long been my theory that head prosecutor Paul Fishman has not offered immunity to the Christie Crony Crew because he can nail Christie without having to rely on snitches. That theory has just been bolstered:

Quote:
NorthJersey.com: When federal prosecutors charged three former allies of Governor Christie's with orchestrating vengeful lane closures at the George Washington Bridge, they created a series of looming questions: Who are the unidentified “others” that court papers indicate were also involved in the conspiracy? Why weren’t they charged too? Are they still working in government? And when, if ever, will their names be known?

...(I)n her first public remarks...(Bridget) Kelly said it would be “ludicrous” to believe she was the only one in the governor’s office who knew about the lane closings, suggesting she is being singled out. And Baroni’s attorneys said they want to know who else the government believes is involved but decided not to charge.

“The government will not prosecute Mr. Baroni in a vacuum,” (his) attorneys Michael Baldassare and Jennifer Mara said in a statement...Baroni “will use every means available to discover who the prosecution thinks was involved,” the lawyers wrote, adding that their client is innocent...
Bridget is right, of course, and Baroni's lawyers are taking the correct course of action, indeed -- especially since, being innocent, they would have no idea of who else might be involved. Unfortunately, without immunity from prosecution, they can't defend themselves without implicating others, and they can't implicate others without incriminating themselves. The specific legal term for that is GUILTY, which leaves them no recourse but to throw themselves on the mercy of the federal court.

"Give us immunity and we'll tell all!" they've been crying out for a year. To which Fishman has replied, "Sorry -- we don't have any immunity deals in stock. But we have plenty of nice plea deals." Wildstein blinked and took one. Now the fun REALLY begins...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-10-2016 at 12:17 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 06:22 AM
Something for the Posts

A closer look at Governor Sopranos' food budget:
Quote:
Watchdog.org: ...(T)he governor receives $95,000 a year in expense advances...While Christie returns surplus funds to the state each year, Treasury officials say he does not submit receipts or accounting for the public monies he spends...(From) governor’s ledger, obtained from Christie under the Open Public Records Act...

Christie’s most notable spending spree occurred during the 2010 and 2011 NFL football seasons at MetLife Stadium, where the New York’s Giants and Jets play their home games. New Jersey’s governor traditionally enjoys free use of luxury boxes for games and other events at the government-owned venue, but food and beverages cost extra.

On 58 occasions, Christie used a debit card to pay a total of $82,594 to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife. The governor’s office did not provide any receipts, business reasons or names of individuals entertained...
Well, that averages out to $1424 per "occasion" and 26 occasions per year. Having seen Bon Jovi at MetLife Giants Stadium, I know it's not cheap: It cost $15US just to park your car in 2006, and in 2010 (I got there by train) they charged $10 for the domestic beer! Their catering packages start at $18.50 for a boxed lunch, so it may not be unrealistic to spend $57 per guest on food and drink -- though a minimum of 25 guests is required to get the catering.

Quote:
the New Jersey Republican State Committee reimbursed the Treasury in March 2012 for Christie’s purchases from DNS Sports...

Meanwhile, Christie...used (the expense allowance) to buy $102,495 worth of groceries and alcoholic beverages from retail stores. It’s not clear from records whether the goods stocked the pantries and filled the refrigerators at Drumthwacket, the governor’s official mansion in Princeton, or the Mendham house where Christie and his family live...(H)e spent $76,373 during 53 shopping runs...plus another $6,536 in seven visits to ShopRite’s liquor stores.

Those grocery bills dropped dramatically in early 2013...after...the governor underwent Lap-Band surgery...Christie boasted he had shed 85 pounds...The governor bought $64,687 in groceries during the 38 months leading up to the surgery. That tab shrank to $31,236 for the 26 months after the operation...
That's an average of $425 down to $300 a week for a family of five. But shouldn't groceries for his family come out what he and his wife earn -- $750K as of last year? His wife just resigned her job, however, and I doubt that they qualify for food stamps. Or has Jon's charity work inspired him to quietly give way the extra food to the poor? No wonder Christie had no choice but to dip into the expense account to feed his family -- though that's no excuse for not paying income tax on it!

Last edited by rocknation; 01-21-2016 at 06:23 AM..
Old 05-25-2015, 02:00 AM
It's my post

Can't this be moved to the NBJ section? This isn't about Bruce or anything music related anymore.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:34 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Can't this be moved to the NBJ section? This isn't about Bruce or anything music related anymore.
You do have a point. Done.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:28 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Fine by me -- especially since I said as much ten pages ago, LOL!

Last edited by rocknation; 04-29-2019 at 06:39 PM..
Old 05-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Gov. Christie loses his marbles on national TV | Editorial

NJ.com 5/20:
For months, we have wondered how Gov. Chris Christie thinks he can win the presidency when New Jersey is in such rotten shape after his six years in office.

Now we may have our answer: The man has lost touch with reality.
Please take note that this is an editorial opinion rather than a hard news story. Taking exception to one's political policies is one thing, but describing someone in print as "losing his marbles" is quite another. A statement -- an accusation -- of that nature had better be strongly backed up.

Quote:
NJ.com 5/18: A...poll found that 65 percent of (New Jersey) voters think Christie would not make a good president, compared to only 29 percent who think he would.

"They want me to stay," Christie told Fox's Megyn Kelly, "A lot of those people in that 65 percent want me to stay. And I've heard that from lots of people at town hall meetings -- 'Don't leave to run for president because we want you to stay.'"

...(T)he highest ratings Christie ever received were a 73 percent approval...in January 2013, according to a...poll taken a few months after Hurricane Sandy. His nadir came last week, when a...poll found only 35 percent of New Jersey voters approved of Christie's job as governor...

"The fact is that polls in New Jersey will go up and down," Christie said..."It's bounced back and forth over the five and a half years because I do things...of consequence that people will either agree with or disagree with."
Well, since when are polls "reality?" A couple of hundred people do not speak for an entire state, and certainly not an entire nation. Plus, there's always the question of how accurate polls are. Sixty-five percent think Christie would be a bad president, and 65 per cent now think he's a bad governor? That doesn't prove a thing. For example, when Mitt Romney ran for president in 2012 he said, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for (President Obama) no matter what...My job is not to worry about those people." And what happened? HE ended up with 47 per cent of the vote, so there!

Quote:
NorthJersey.com 5/21: Christie, appearing on CNBC’s Squawk Box, said he was branded as “guilty” by media outlets, but an internal investigation he commissioned, a legislative inquiry led by Democrats and a federal investigation have all cleared him of an involvement in the incident.

“I was guilty, guilty. I had done it,” he said. “Now we’re 15 months later, where are the apologies pouring in? Not one thing I said on the day after the bridge situation has been proven to be wrong.”
But his internal investigation wasn't independent and didn't involve the people who were indicted, the legislative panel contained someone who was directly implicated in Bridge(t)-Gate, and the federal investigation of Bridge(t)-Gate isn't over until sentences are handed down. And he used to BE a federal-level attorney? What is the sound of one marble dropping?

About that Romney quote: it was made at a fundraiser that was supposed to be closed to the press and the public, but a waiter videotaped it. Here's Christie speaking at a recent annual press fundraiser:

Quote:
IB Times: It’s a tradition of the New Jersey press corps to hold an annual fundraiser for scholarships...The reporters wear costumes and perform dances; the governor gives a speech. Lobbyists, media organizations and politicians buy tables...(Reporter Phil) Mulshine, (who)...sang a song questioning the sexuality of U.S. Sen. Cory Booker...said he understood the event to be off the record...

“Anything that gets me off this f------ stage next year, I’m willing to do anything,” Christie said. “Why do you think I might run for president? Cause I don’t know what primary is in May 2016 next year, but if I’m at 1 f------ percent, I will be there.”

He focused much of his ire on Mulshine...“Tonight, a song on Cory Booker being gay, oh, you have really reached a new high, pat yourself on the back,” Christie said sarcastically.

Christie mocked (reporter Claude) Brodesser-Akner: “This is a guy who says he doesn’t know what I’m doing every day...Then just get the f--- away from me. Every time I turn the corner in New Hampshire, you and that beard are there. So here’s my suggestion: Open your eyes, clean the s--- out of your ears, and pay attention.”

In past years, Christie has made a video for the event, including one he did with Cory Booker that went viral...But Christie told the roomful of reporters that he wasn’t interested in producing more videos. “The reason we don’t have a video is that we just don’t give a s--- anymore,” Christie said.“We don’t give a s--- about this or any of you.”
Appreciate his taking a stand against gay innuendo, however short it was. And now for the real reason why Christie didn't do a video: while he has reduced his food intake, Christie is still a glutton for retribution.

He was more interested in taking the opportunity to curse out the press than in taking the opportunity to at least appear to be presidential (which he could have made public). With the event being off the record, the press would be too embarrassed to quote him, and if they did, he could always deny it. Well, an audio recording has been made public, forcing Christie's spokesperson to reiterate that “all of the songs and acts of the night, including the Governor’s obvious parody of himself, were in jest and along with the spirit of the evening."

What are those ripping and rattling noises? Well, let's just say that there appears to be a hole in Governor Soprano's marble bag...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-02-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Quote:
New Jersey Watchdog.Org:...During a town hall meeting...(a) 7-year-old Cub Scout...asked the Governor, “How many bodyguards do you have?”

“There are 30 men and women who work for me, who are in the state police, and they’re members of what’s called the Executive Protection Unit,” answered Christie...

EPU travel costs reached $492,420 in 2014...The total for EPU travel in Christie’s first five years as governor exceeds $1.15 million. How most of that money was spent remains a mystery...

(A) public records lawsuit is scheduled to be heard May 28...The governor’s office argues (that it)..would jeopardize the governor’s safety by disclosing how many troopers are assigned to EPU. Yet that’s exactly what Christie detailed at the town hall meeting...and again by posting a clip of the episode on YouTube.
And here's the best part -- two weeks later, the video is STILL there! ...(I)s Christie planning to testify that he lied to the kid?

UPDATE:
Quote:
NJ Watchdog.org: A New Jersey judge is giving Gov. Chris Christie one more chance to explain why his office should not release to New Jersey Watchdog records of nearly $1 million his state police protectors charged to his office’s American Express credit cards...

The key was a YouTube video posted by the governor’s office from a town hall meeting during which Christie revealed so-called security secrets, particularly the number of state troopers assigned to the Executive Protection Unit.

(D)uring a hearing in Mercer County Superior Court...Judge Mary C. Jacobson (said that): “I’m not convinced it is essential to the governor’s security to withhold details," criticized his attitude about security as “cavalier," (and that) the video “completely undermines” Christie’s reasons for refusing to turn over the documents...

“I certainly wish the governor wouldn’t have made those comments,” agreed Deputy Attorney General Daniel M. Vannella, tasked with defending the governor’s secrecy claim.

“If he made a mistake, they shouldn’t have put it up on YouTube,” Jacobson remarked.

Before she rules...Jacobson agreed to allow (the) head of EPU to submit a secret certification to explain why the state believes the records should remain confidential....by June 12...

P.S. And here's the best part -- FOUR weeks later, the video is STILL there!

Last edited by rocknation; 07-20-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Old 06-03-2015, 04:23 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
"We cannot allow (our) reputation...to be dragged through the mud -- it has to stop here and now...

"Many people hold me ultimately responsible...(but) I cannot monitor everyone all of the time. If people want to do wrong they will also try to hide it...It must fall to me to bear the responsibility for the reputation and well-being of our organization and to find a way forward to fix things...

"(The) next few months will not be easy -- I am sure bad news will follow...but (now) we have the opportunity to begin on what will be a long and difficult road to rebuilding trust..."
I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that's a Christie quote, but it's actually from FIFA World Cup president Sepp Blatter.

Blatter's problem, like Christie's, is that there's a federal investigation of him because some of his direct underlings have been caught taking bribes and such. Like Christie, Blatter was re-elected despite the resulting controversy, considers himself exonerated since he wasn't directly implicated and says he's ready to get his house back in order and move on. Well, Christie's quest to "rebuild trust" has recently gotten some "bad news:"

Quote:
NJ Watchdog: Details of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s $82,000 spending spree at NFL games remain a mystery – despite a release of expense account receipts by the governor’s office.

Receipts for Christie’s purchases at New York Giants and Jets home games during the 2010 and 2011 seasons are missing from 597 pages of receipts New Jersey Watchdog obtained through an Open Public Records Act request...(and there is no) documentation for more than $247,000 in expenses –- two-thirds of the $360,000 Christie has spent from his state expense allowance -- since he took office in 2010...

“We have produced to you all of the receipts/invoices/bills that we located,” stated Heather Taylor, the governor’s records custodian and chief ethics officer. “We are not withholding any records based on an OPRA exemption.” ...(A)dded Kevin Roberts, Christie’s press secretary, “Every dollar of expenses associated with the discretionary fund has been tracked and accounted for in full.”
Well, uh, no, not quite -- not if there's more than $82K to be accounted for, and what wasn't reimbursed to the state should have had income tax paid on it. I've theorized that that maybe he's joined Jon in making food donations to the homeless, as have others:

Quote:
Newsweek: Over the course of two football seasons, Christie made 58 purchases at the stadium, running up an average concession stand bill of $1,424.

The stadium sells hot dogs for $6 a pop, so if he spent the entire $82,594 on wieners, that adds up to 13,765 of them. If brisket was more his style, the governor could have purchased 6,882 sandwiches at $12 each, or if he was only in the mood for cold ones, he could’ve downed 16,518 12-ounce cans of beer at $5.
Not compassionate and NOT funny: there are people who have genuine, serious health problems with their food intake, and suggesting that Christie ran up the bill unassisted is downright offensive! Here's a newspaper that took a more realistic approach:

Quote:
St. Louis Today: In order to better quantify the concessions binge Christie embarked on, sports research engine PointAfter.com developed a "Christie Concessions Index"...show(ing) the amount of single beer/hot dog combos Christie could have purchased at each (National Football League) stadium with that $82,000...New York Giants/New York Jets: 7,544...
Over two American football seasons, two teams (the Giants and Jets both play at Met Life Stadium) and a total of 32 regular season home games, that averages out to treating 233 guests per game -- but I don't think the governor's sky box holds that many. However, it turns out that MetLife Stadium has 82,000 seats, so maybe the governor has been pre-paying a three-cent discount per seat per game. As for the other $247,000, I suspect that he bribed Sepp Blatter with it in hopes of bringing the FIFA World Cup to MetLife Stadium -- finally, a rational explanation!

"Receipts? I ain't got to show you no stinking receipts!"

P.S. Sepp Blatter announced his resignation today, much to the publicly expressed delight of FIFA's sponsors...hint, hint...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-06-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Apparently Christie didn't know that the lawyer he hired to head up his "internal review" is also heading his law firm's defense of the (Port Authority) in a lawsuit against its toll hikes. The lawyer has withdrawn from the lawsuit, but his firm has not, so the conflict of interest remains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
(Christie) has no right to spend my money on expensive lawyers so they can write a report saying he's clean...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
(But) he might have made a fatal mistake...He used taxpayer money to fund that report, and because of that he might actually have to abide by the subpoena. That might expose records that he doesn't want exposed. I can dream, can't I...
Quote:
Talking Points Memo: It would seem that, for now, the postponement to mid-November of the Bridgegate trials...works in Christie’s favor...But there is something going on in the pre-trial maneuvering that could turn into a real headache for the governor.

Last week, Bridget Anne Kelly’s attorney...filed a request with the presiding judge (Susan D. Wigenton) to be given the power to subpoena Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher. That’s the law firm Christie hired last January – at public expense – to investigate his administration and produce the so-called “Mastro Report” that exonerated him from any culpability in both Bridgegate and allegations leveled against him by the Mayor of Hoboken relating to Hurricane Sandy relief aid...

Bridget Kelly’s attorney is asking the judge to subpoena are the notes and transcripts that Gibson Dunn’s attorneys used to draft the “Mastro Report,” the report which exonerated the Governor and tossed the now-indicted former associates under the proverbial bus...Mastro and his team interviewed 75 witnesses, the vast majority of whom worked in the Christie Administration...

Kelly’s attorney wants to see who said what in the interviews that were used by Gibson Dunn’s team...(S)everal witnesses questioned by Gibson Dunn reported that a paralegal or stenographer was present in the room “‘feverishly’ typing verbatim or near verbatim notes of everything that was said” during their interviews...Yet, according to Critchley’s filing with the court, the U.S. Attorney’s Office has told him that when they asked Gibson Dunn for those interview transcripts, they were told by the firm that none exist....
But they HAVE to exist...they're required to exist by law!
Quote:
According to the manual for outside counsel that’s put together by the N.J. Attorney General’s office, “outside counsel shall” – not may or might, but shall – “retain pleadings, correspondence, discovery materials, deposition transcripts and similar documents and work product for a period of no less than seven years.”

...(S)everal witnesses who’d been interviewed by Gibson Dunn told state lawmakers, under oath, that the Mastro Report mischaracterized what they recalled telling Gibson Dunn...The witnesses could be lying...(or) Gibson Dunn (either) has the notes, or they opted to destroy them at some point...

If interview transcripts exist and repeatedly diverge from the narrative...in the Mastro Report or the interview summaries, it raises the question of what Gibson Dunn has been doing with all that public money and why they were hired by Christie’s team in the first place...

U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman's office has sent a letter to the presiding judge...supporting...(the)...motion to subpoena recordings, transcripts, and notes taken during witness interviews with Gibson Dunn attorneys representing the Christie Administration...
Since the public funded the Mastro Report, I don't see how the judge can say no. It looks like our Kathleen's dreams might actually come true!

P.S. And she'll be happy to know that seeing "a looming public relations disaster," the firm’s hourly rate of $650 an hour was negotiated down to $350 an hour!

Last edited by rocknation; 07-13-2015 at 06:46 AM..