Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Album / Tour For QUITE A While

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-05-2014, 01:33 PM
The Distance

Default No Album / Tour For QUITE A While

I'm putting this in the general section even though Jon sad it at the San Diego Fan Club Trip because it's more general information regardless of where he said it.

Jon said that "there will be no album and no tour for quite a while! And that the last tour took such a toll on him." (This is third party info)

Looking back we obviously all could agree. I'm sure his stress level was through the roof plus he had that physical issues with his leg.

This is a well needed resting period for Jon and hopefully we'll continue to get more special edition releases to fill in that gap.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm putting this in the general section even though Jon sad it at the San Diego Fan Club Trip because it's more general information regardless of where he said it.

Jon said that "there will be no album and no tour for quite a while! And that the last tour took such a toll on him." (This is third party info)

Looking back we obviously all could agree. I'm sure his stress level was through the roof plus he had that physical issues with his leg.

This is a well needed resting period for Jon and hopefully we'll continue to get more special edition releases to fill in that gap.
Good news I guess. Looks like WAN was a one-off - which is a plus. Hopefully Jon makes a solo album.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:18 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
Good news I guess. Looks like WAN was a one-off - which is a plus. Hopefully Jon makes a solo album.
I don't know if it's worth it for him to do a solo album.

When all that Not Running Anymore stuff was happening he said he wanted to do more of that type of stuff.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I don't know if it's worth it for him to do a solo album.

When all that Not Running Anymore stuff was happening he said he wanted to do more of that type of stuff.
I, for one, would be thrilled if that were the case. I thought Not Running Anymore and Old Habits Die Hard were fantastic songs
Old 10-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
I, for one, would be thrilled if that were the case. I thought Not Running Anymore and Old Habits Die Hard were fantastic songs
I wouldn't want a whole album filled with these slow songs, but I'd be interested in hearing a solo effort from him. At least those songs had some decent lyrics that didn't try to force that "timeless, social relevance" he kept bragging about during recent band years.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
When you fell in love with Jovi in the late 80s and early 90s Old Habits and shite like that dont really do it for ya
Old 10-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

My first reaction was 'YES', but I think it depends a on Jons ego cooling off a bit or not and the band getting back to being a band again.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Blaze of Posting

I would love for Jon to do a solo digital EP. Release 5 really good personal songs and release it digitally and play some one off's acoustic type shows. The times have changed, he should be well on his way for adapting now and releasing a full solo album is just not worth it from either a business stanpoint and an artistic viewpoint....
Old 10-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Runaway

Unhappy

This makes me so sad! He said exactly the same early this year and he still hasnt got any plans He needs a break yes, but I really dont like that he has no plans for the future. Im just crying since i read this news. I had so many hopes that it goes on, but now.... I dont want to live without Bon Jovi, it feels like the end now, I´m not ready for an end... I really pray that he comes back in a year or so

Es ist schwer Affen davon zu überzeugen, dass Erdbeeren süßer sind als Bananen!
Old 10-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
When you fell in love with Jovi in the late 80s and early 90s Old Habits and shite like that dont really do it for ya
Hey man the 80s music is what led to me becoming a fan of the band in the first place. Bad Name, Prayer, Wanted led me to buying Cross Road then buying the rest of the albums. So even though I got in to them in the 2000s, it was their 80s music that I knew and loved before any of that. I just think Not Running and Old Habits are fantastic songs.