Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Meanwhile, at Jon's alma mater...

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Meanwhile, at Jon's alma mater (Warning: Graphic Descriptions)

Sayreville War Memorial High School Football Team Alleged Hazing Ritual (Warning: Graphic Descriptions)
Quote:
It would start with a howling noise from a senior football player at Sayreville War Memorial High School, and then the locker room lights were abruptly shut off.

In the darkness, a freshman football player would be pinned to the locker-room floor, his arms and feet held down by multiple upperclassmen. Then, the victim would be lifted to his feet while a finger was forced into his rectum. Sometimes, the same finger was then shoved into the freshman player’s mouth. This disturbing hazing within the storied Sayreville football program, as told...by the parent of a player...happened almost every day in the locker room this fall...

The allegations...sparked a criminal investigation by local and county police, and prompted the cancellation of the remainder of the Sayreville football season this week by (the) superintendent of schools...Many Sayreville residents have expressed outrage over the cancellation...

The varsity team, nicknamed the Bombers, has made the playoffs in each of the past 20 seasons, and Sayreville has captured three state championships over the past four years, feeding nearby Rutgers University with a host of elite players...
A standing ovation to the superintendent for giving the football team the rest of the year off: the punishment fits the crime, focuses the fault on the perpetrators, and teaches them that what they choose to do can have far-reaching consequences. I don't see anything happening to the perpetrators legally unless there's a snitching epidemic. And here's hoping that the victims and their families don't end up getting torch-and-pitchforked out of town: "Boys will be boys, and it builds team spirit! When the seniors were freshman, THEY probably went through it and survived -- why couldn't he?"

Between this and the domestic violence that's been happening on the professional level in American football, I hope that aspiring football team owner Jon realizes that he may have dodged a bullet, LOL. Fappenings -- they're not just for hot starlets anymore!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-26-2024 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Title Change

Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Something for the Posts

Default And now, for something completely...predictable

Sayreville assistant football coach resigns after steroid arrest
The steroid charge against former Sayreville High School Assistant Coach Charles Garcia did not involve students in the school’s football program, Garcia’s attorney said Friday.

“I want to make absolutely clear the allegations have nothing to do with the football program at Sayreville High School,” said defense attorney Philip Nettl. “This has nothing to do with students.”

Garcia was arrested during a traffic stop...He is charged with possession of steroids and possession of paraphernalia...
If those are the only things Garcia was charged with, then he wasn't pulled over in a "routine" traffic stop -- that is, he wasn't spotted speeding or a having broken tail light or not using his seat belt. Was he followed after making a buy? And if the steroids weren't for him or his students, then who?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-12-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Old 10-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Six of Seven hazing suspects are taken into custody

Quote:
NJ.com: At least six members of the Sayreville High School football team were taken into custody by police this evening on charges in connection with a series of locker room sexual assaults on four victims, NJ Advance Media has learned. A seventh player was charged, but not immediately taken into custody...

(T)hree were charged with aggravated sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual contact, conspiracy to commit aggravated criminal sexual contact, criminal restraint, and hazing for engaging in an act of sexual penetration upon one of the juvenile victims. One of those defendants and four others were charged with various counts including aggravated assault, conspiracy, aggravated criminal sexual contact, hazing and riot(ing)...

Because...those taken into custody...range in age from 15 to 17...the(ir) names...are not expected to be released...
Well, then, either Player #7 is at least eighteen years old, or NJ.com doesn't really understand the concept of not publishing the names of minor criminal suspects. You can find his name if you need it, along with fashion commentary and exclusive pics of his "takedown," at the link:
Quote:
Sayreville's (Player 7) at the center of police activity as hazing suspects are taken into custody
(Photo caption): (Player 7), Sayreville senior, arrives home as police enforcement are inside waiting for him.
Police came to the home of Sayreville High School star athlete (Player 7) on Friday night, only minutes before authorities announced that "six of seven juveniles were taken into custody..."

...When police arrived in the (Player 7)'s neighborhood...they parked a house away and remained in the vehicle for 15 minutes. When they knocked on the door, the athlete’s father answered...The officers entered the home, and waited...(Player 7) arrived 15 minutes later in a smaller SUV...Ten minutes later...what sounded like sobbing could be heard coming from the house...

Until now, (Player 7), a football team captain, has been the textbook definition of superstar with a boundless future. The 6-foot, 190-pounder played football and basketball and was a four-event standout for the Bombers track and field team in the spring of 2014...(He) committed to (playing college football at) Penn State in June...over offers from Rutgers, Purdue, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Pitt, Georgia Tech and others...
Penn State -- that's the college that had such a big child molestation scandal that the defendant must serve at least thirty years and they had to take down the statue of the head football coach!

Player 7 certainly HAD it going on. But maybe the victims will chicken out, or he can get his charges reduced to misdemeanors. Football uber alles!

Last edited by rocknation; 08-18-2020 at 11:59 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Something for the Posts

Updates: In the wake of being criminally charged, the seven suspects have been formally suspended from school. An anti-bullying rally and candlelight vigil was held over the weekend. And this might explain the deafening silence of varsity football coach George Najjar, whose only public statement has been "There will be a time and place when I have something to say, but now is not the time -- I need to sit down with the administration":
Quote:
NJ.com: ...(F)ormer athletes who played for Najjar while he was the head coach at Lincoln High School in Brooklyn (New York City) in the 1980s recounted initiation rituals during preseason camp that included Animal House-style paddling of underclassmen by upperclassmen...

Several of Najjar’s former Lincoln players described the paddling as a relatively harmless football tradition that they did not believe Najjar knew about...(A) former Lincoln player...said (t)he initiations occurred “since the dawn of time, from what I understood...I got my paddle, I gave my paddle and that was it. We were family...It was a tradition thing.”

...(A)nother Lincoln football player who graduated in 1987 said he was saved from a paddling by the coach...“They saved me for last for some reason...Coach Najjar came in there and...actually stopped it and didn’t let it go on, and I’ll never forget that. I was in tears because I was afraid...(H)e took us all on the field to run (as discipline) because of what was going on...”

On Wednesday, a man who...claimed to be a former Lincoln football player coached by Najjar in 1985 and 1986 called (a sports talk radio show): “It was common knowledge amongst the team...(T)he stuff that went on in that camp was degrading and scary. Even though I was a big...tough Brooklyn kid, you’d have five, six guys, teaming up on one guy, holding him down. The fact that (Najjar) wouldn’t know could be almost impossible to me. He was never present...(But) they overhear what goes on...”

Last edited by rocknation; 11-08-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-14-2014, 09:55 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

You post some random stuff...
Old 10-18-2014, 05:03 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
You post some random stuff...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-19-2020 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Something for the Posts

Sayreville football coaches suspended

Sayreville head football coach George Najjar and four of his assistants, all of whom are employed as educators in the district, have been suspended with pay from their coaching and tenured teaching positions...Under state law, school district employees can only be suspended without pay if they have been indicted on criminal charges...

Najjar, who built the Bombers into a perennial state power with a keen attention to detail, has been undone through one glaring omission in his daily preparation, that apparently being the ability to patrol his own locker room.

A micromanager who let one fatal detail slip past him? Just like New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. Maybe Jon's right about there being something in New Jersey's water...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-09-2014 at 08:45 AM..