Home Register Members FAQ

Official Youtube.com Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-30-2014, 12:06 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqCiIJwcJA

I just accidentaly came across into this. The band rehearsing Everybody's Broken right before the Chicago 2007 show where they played the LH album in full and released a DVD. Really good stuff.
Check out the body language between Jon and Richie in the beginning. The next question should be, when did Jon stop having fun? That dude defines bipolar.

I know this was the time when Richie entered rehab and showed up wasted for their unplugged taping. I also know that Richie was on fire this show aka Any Other Day so I really don't know what the deal is. Richie seems chill and smiling and Jon looks like a ghost walked in the room.

Here is Any Other Day... Jon's got his arm around Richie during the solos...... (and then Richie's solo kills it bty.)

Last edited by Rdkopper; 08-30-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
See, I don't get this.

You can tell by the faces that everyone in the band knows that is shit. Hugh laughs at first (not in the "look how freaking awesome this is" way) before looking almost sorry for him, Jon looks uninspired by it, then bored, and finally fed up. Richie I think is afraid to look up and see that in case it makes him want to leave the tour or something.

So, it sounded shit, was shit, and everybody seemed to know it was shit. Apart from Bobby who judging by his posing thought it was the utter mutts nuts. Why is this guy around, or more importantly why is he given time front and center? Its madness and for me a contributing factor in Richie's ultimate disillusion with the band. It is the same with the other one that Javier posted, Jon cuts Bobby in like a rock star and Bobby butchers it, and again it looks as though Jon knows it. Oh yeah, it also shows what an utter travesty it was Jon bringing another keys player into the band was.

Richie does the same with Orianthi, who is better than him arguably, but still is not a neccesary part of the show or his act. At least Rich gets something, Bobby can't be THAT good at giving blow jobs.
JBJ repays loyalty. Bobby has never let him down, unlike others (in Jon's view at least)
Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Livin' on a Post

One of the best acoustic Prayer performances post 2000.

Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora - Livin' On A Prayer (acoustic)
Recorded March 27, 2007

Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora: (You Want To) Make a Memory (acoustic)
Recorded March 27, 2007 - this was just a few days after the single was released and before the Lost Highway album was released.

Billy Falcon & Richie Sambora: Over To The Blonde (live)
Recorded March 26, 2007

Billy Falcon: Just Older (live)
(he co-wrote the song)

Billy Falcon & The Sowing Circle: When We Were Beautiful (live)
(he co-wrote the song)
Recorded November 5th, 2009 - this was a few days before The Cirlce was released.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
JBJ repays loyalty. Bobby has never let him down, unlike others (in Jon's view at least)
Right. Jon's got a guy from Jersey who's been around since '97 (which is 17 years now). He is there at the drop of a dime when it comes to Jon's charity and solo gigs. He's a really good guitarist and vocalist. Bobby's had some bad moments but he's also had some excellent ones too.

It's simple! Jon's got a guy in his back pocket that works extremely well with his side project material. Anyone better would not be as loyal and probably have other gigs with other artists.

Jon losing Bobby would be more devastating than Jon losing Richie at this point. Jon needs a consistent guitar player for his solo gigs. Sure he could get fill-ins but he needs a guy that knows his weaknesses on guitar and vocals. Bobby fits that part.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM
Posting everyday

Lola (just the band) - Manchester 2003:
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM
The Distance

Full show: San Jose 2003:
http://youtu.be/Xon-ppkq4HA

This show has a lot of energy and a killer performance of Keep The Faith. Enjoy!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:45 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Full show: San Jose 2003:
http://youtu.be/Xon-ppkq4HA

This show has a lot of energy and a killer performance of Keep The Faith. Enjoy!
And an acting class by Jon Bon Jovi during the guitar solo of Right Side Of Wrong.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

And an acting class by Jon Bon Jovi during the guitar solo of Right Side Of Wrong.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I'd call it a masterclass of acting.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Posting everyday

Munich 2003 (Full Concert) - audio only:

To this day this is THE essential concert for me! It was my first one and the reason I became a fan and - to this day - I still doubt I'll ever see a better show by any artist.
There is only a quite shitty audience recording around and I spent some days trying to improve the sound - it's still far from great but listenable.

Some notes about the show:
- Even before it started I thought a thunderstorm was coming up! Turned out the fans under the Olympic roof had started a Laola-wave which was that loud and went on for 15 minutes through the entire stadium without a break. It was also the BJ concert in Munich with the most tickets sold - the infield was packed into the last corner.
- Jon's energy was sky high from the first second they hit the stage. He really pushed himself and the band to new heights that night.
- He did his usual "long, record breaking night in Munich" banter, but this time it was true. Just listen to the way he started songs like Everyday or It's My Life.
- Keep The Faith had him going into some sort of "big boom" improvisation along with Sympathy For The Devil.
- During Runaway Jon had some sort of eye contact or something with people in the front row which lead to him screwing the lyrics. He got back and even made some quick remark about it around the first chorus.
- I didn't know Diamond Ring before the show, but it blew me away with Richie playing the song on his electric guitar (he was set for Heroes, but Jon changed the song on the spot).
- Saturday Night had a long middle part with some lines of Jersey Girl and during the outro Jon was having some fun with Tico which lead him to a remark about it before launching straight into Just Older.
- Near the end of Undivided Jon stopped singing the last slow chorus and the stadium sang the song back to him - knowing it word by word even though it never was a single. Goosebump moment.
- During Rockin' All Over The World Jon teased the audience with the typical "they're getting tired..." banter. What happend was that actually the back of the stadium started singing the "I like it" parts so loud that it came back to the stage like a thunderwave!
- The Bad Medicine / Shout combo was insane with Jon introducing each band member specifically and them jamming on and on. That kind of stuff I haven't seen since then and I sorely miss it.
- After These Days the band looked like they were about to finish but Jon shouted "one more song ready" with a big grin on his face and launched into a sheer endless rendition of Twist & Shout.
- After the legendary "thunderstorm-and-pouring-rain" concert in Munich on the OWN with 4 encores this one pretty much set the myth about the band's concerts there to heights that won't be reached again.

Even though the audio is average at best (gets better after a few songs - it always does in Munich...), I get lost in this show every time again. I don't think I listened to any other recording as much as did to this.

01. Intro
02. Bounce [01:30]
03. You Give Love A Bad Name [04:37]
04. Wild In The Streets [08:22]
05. Livin' On A Prayer [14:02]
06. "Good Evening Munich" [20:21]
07. Everyday [21:06]
08. Lay Your Hands On Me [24:13]
09. Keep The Faith w/ extended middle part [30:13]
10. Wanted Dead Or Alive [39:52]
11. In These Arms [45:24]
12. It's My Life [51:50]
13. Bed of Roses [55:49]
14. The Distance [1:04:28]
15. Runaway [1:11:02]
16. Diamond Ring [1:16:02]
17. Heroes [1:20:26]
18. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night w/ parts of Jersey Girl [1:25:10]
19. Just Older[1:34:23]
20. I'll Be There For You (Richie Sambora on lead vocals) [1:40:07]
21. Something To Believe In [1:48:49]
22. Undivided [1:55:27]
23. Born To Be My Baby [2:00:28]
24. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead w/ Rockin' All Over The World [2:07:07]
25. Raise Your Hands [2:17:00]

Encore #1:
26. Misunderstood [2:26:12]
27. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars [2:30:00]
28. Bad Medicine [2:34:56]
29. Shout w/ band introductions [2:42:00]

Encore #2:
30. These Days [2:50:01]
31. Twist & Shout [2:56:33]
Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Posting everyday

Multicam of These Days from Sydney 2010 (night 1):

Richie messes up both during the intro and the bridge. Jon gets really pissed and shouts to him "C! ... C!" (3:38 ) during the bridge and when he turns around you can see Richie grumping sth like "yeah, whatever...". Besides that - the way Jon delivered the 2nd verse was masterclass!