Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jovi's new album and future

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default Jovi's new album and future

After hearing the clip of the new song, I really get the impression that this new album that's coming out soon is going to be awesome (or a least a good album)!

I know its way too early to tell but after all the extremely positive comments the BJHQ people are making towards it, as well as Jon saying the whole album rocks, I'm pretty confident that this will be the album that a lot of the "Crush is crap". "Bounce is a bag of sh*t" and "Don't talk to me about This Left Feels Right" people have been waiting for (not that I'm one of them but... you know what I mean)...

It sounds promising is because Have a Nice day sounds like a genuine rock song instead of being kinda poppy like Everyday was .. The lyrics seem to be a big improvement over Bounce and the guys just seem to get into it more (especially Jon who has a more difficult vocal part than..lets say Everyday).

With any luck the whole album will be like this. Sure its way too early to tell after 1 minute of music, but if this is the new sound of Bon Jovi, then it's sounds like its going to be great! Hopefully some people will be able to regain ther faith in this band and BJ might even have a hit on their hands. They've already had some great exposure for this new song....

anyone else happy with the way things could be heading?

Old 11-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Livin' on a Post

i wish you were right... but i'm not gonna say a word until i listen to the whole album. 1st time i listened to undivided my eyes where wide open and i couldn't close my mouth. at last we have a rock album, i thought. when i listened to the whole record, i have a bittersweet taste. not bad, but not good.

let's wait and see...
truth became a lie
kiss them all and say goodbye
Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

I'm hopeful...but I'll have to hear the whole album. The fact the first single is a rocker really doesn't indicate anything. First of all, I don't want an album full of all out rockers..it's numbing. The album should have rockers, mid tempo numbers and ballads or rather..it should flow...with lulls and surges...sonically. It boils down to the overall quality of each song that comes together to form the album. I don't care if there are 3 ballads...as long as those three ballads are truly gripping and worthy.

The most encouraging point of Have A Nice Day is it's lyrics...if the lead single, usually the most commercial track off the album, has lyrics like that.....imagine the album tracks.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist
I'm hopeful...but I'll have to hear the whole album. The fact the first single is a rocker really doesn't indicate anything. First of all, I don't want an album full of all out rockers..it's numbing. The album should have rockers, mid tempo numbers and ballads or rather..it should flow...with lulls and surges...sonically. It boils down to the overall quality of each song that comes together to form the album. I don't care if there are 3 ballads...as long as those three ballads are truly gripping and worthy.

The most encouraging point of Have A Nice Day is it's lyrics...if the lead single, usually the most commercial track off the album, has lyrics like that.....imagine the album tracks.
Yeah I agree you gotta have a bit of everything from ballads to some mid tempo tracks etc. What Im hoping for though are ballads that still match the sound of the rest of the album. On New Jersey you had rockers like Homebound Train, then you had ballads like I'll be There For you which still sounded like they come from the same disc. On Bounce, you had some pretty cool rock tracks, and then some Celine Dion type ballads.

I'd prefer if they kept things at one end of the spectrum and if it is a rock record, give us some power ballads(when was the last time we heard on of those from BJ?)...

The lyrics for that song are definately an improvement!..I'm just happy that they obviously arn't trying to copy It's My Life and there are no cheesy "live while I'm Alive" and "spread my wings" lines..

In fact, I think it's promising that this time around that they arn't trying to copy Crush. On Bounce you had Everyday which was a recycled It's My Life, All About Loving You was the new Thank you for Loving Me, Bounce was the new One Wild Night etc.... It was almost as though they were trying to copy that success they had off of Crush by bringing out a simular album (like they sorta did with NJ) and just throw in heavy guitars here and there to disguise it as a heavy rock album...

Now that they've worn down that formula and wiped the slate clean, they hopefully have thought "lets create a new sound and set out to win back some of the fans that have been dissapointed with some of our recent efforts"... hence the less simplistic lyrics and new sound...

I could be completely wrong, but things are looking good so far so it can't hurt to be a bit positive..

btw... I thought it was cool how they played It's My Life at the AMA's.. It's was kinda like say "you guys know us from this hit song we had a few years ago, now what do you think of this new song?".. A pretty cool way to promote a new song I think...
Old 11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calyx
It was almost as though they were trying to copy that success they had off of Crush by bringing out a simular album (like they sorta did with NJ)
Sorta? NJ was prettu much a carbon copy of SWW. Similar songs in similar slots. The story goes that they even changed BTBMB to fit the LOAP-slot.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to Kieets

Bullshit!

Also Bounce was the total opposite of what Crush was.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:33 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieets
Bullshit!
Just like your posts. Your signature tells everyone how to take your posts = ignore them.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieets
Bullshit!

Also Bounce was the total opposite of what Crush was.
Im not saying they are that much alike.. just that there are obviously ideas that were borrowed from Crush

Everyday for example was (mostly lyrically) kinda like a new It's my life... AALY was a TYFLM type ballad for example (big chorus.. heavy on the strings etc.)... sure apart from that the albums are different, but you can tell by the choice of singles from Bounce album, that they were trying to have a hit single by sticking to a formula that worked last time...

I kinda like the Bounce album.. I wasn't slagging off their recent albums but there are a few things about them I wish were different (with Bounce mostly)... That is why I hope they have taken a slightly different approach to making this record.. hearing that clip just raised my expectations up a notch..t'is all...
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Crush wasn't a bad album in my opinion. At least half the tracks on there were top quality like we usually get from Bon Jovi. Bounce has 3 or 4 decent tracks but wasn't a great album in my opinion, and TLFR just plain sucked apart from a great version of Bad Name.

As for the new album I have to agree that everything seems very hopeful so far and I'm pleased with the direction that the one-min version of Have A Nice Day takes the band.