Home Register Members FAQ

"You don't see me in the magazines, I don't need it"

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post
The only thing you've established in your stay here is a penchant for bad grammar, needless ellipses (do you know what they are, kiddo?), and really weak jokes.

Also, kids, you know an internet joke is officially lame when it has become regularly used on a message board for Bon Jovi. Please, stop using Fail as an adjective. It's not funny.
Fail . . . I mean, TESTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Supersonic, King of failure strikes again.

It kinda makes sense now I've learned he was bullied....
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 AM
Posting Always

I've totally lost track of this thread. Whose the good guys again?
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

As said by Jon Bon Jovi. Could it be that the magazines just don't give a **** about Jon Bon Jovi?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
The magazines just don't give a **** about you!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsong View Post
I think Richie is doing more of the interviews because one, he's very outgoing and very good with the small talk, and two because Jon just gets bored with answering the same questions again and again. I mean if you do ten interviews about the same record how many ways can you describe it, answer questions about your family life etc, etc.... before you start to sound like a broken record yourself??
Plus, Richie probably has a bit more time available than Jon and Jon sems to have made a big effort in recent years to make sure people are aware that Richie is his partner in the making of BJ records.

I do think Jon was talking about being in thegossip columns, and the tabloids. He doesn't appear in those hardly at all and he doesn't spend much time in the trendy clubs, or the trendy restaurants. I think what he meant overall was that he doesn't deliberately seek out public attention when he's not working, he doesn't "need" the high one gets from being in front of a crowd everyday, and he doesn't need constant reassurance that he's still famous, as one must assume some celebrities do since they constantly put themselves in places and positions to make sure that someone is taking a picture or video, that they are getting mentioned on TMZ or Extra. Celebs complain about never being left alone but often it's their own doing.
Agree, rainsong.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:35 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4B View Post
The magazines just don't give a **** about you!
It must be that time of the year when the newbies crawl out of their holes and start attacking the regulars. All I'm asking for is a little originality. Why don't you pick on each other for a change?

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Born to be my Baby

Seb,

You're not even in one single magazine ... Although you wish journalists would be at your door interviewing you about 'how hard bon jovi sucks'.

You're a funny guy... There isn't a detail you don't know about Bon Jovi even if, according to yourself, for the last 10 years, all that they produced was shit.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

But that's the thing, he doesn't do a lot of interviews at all. Look at bands like The Killers or other bands that release new albums. They are in every magazine, Jon just simply isn't.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Weren't you complaining about how new BJ stuff sounds too much like The Killers? So but now you want them even to be in the magazines like the Killers?

Furthermore, you don't understand anything about showbusiness i think. Look at the first 15 years of Jovi's carreer. They have been so much in magazines that you couldn't probably fit all magazines with Jovi even in your house. It's like... they've been there, done that.
The Killers have a long time to go before they'll reach the place in their carreer to where Jovi are.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
Seb,

You're not even in one single magazine ... Although you wish journalists would be at your door interviewing you about 'how hard bon jovi sucks'.
Yeah, that'd be a perfect way to spend my days. What the **** is that all about?

Quote:
You're a funny guy... There isn't a detail you don't know about Bon Jovi even if, according to yourself, for the last 10 years, all that they produced was shit.
If you'd really know what I think of Bon Jovi you wouldn't be posting such shit, because it's not true at all.

Quote:
Weren't you complaining about how new BJ stuff sounds too much like The Killers? So but now you want them even to be in the magazines like the Killers?
Yeah, so? What's your point?

Quote:
Furthermore, you don't understand anything about showbusiness i think. Look at the first 15 years of Jovi's carreer. They have been so much in magazines that you couldn't probably fit all magazines with Jovi even in your house. It's like... they've been there, done that.
The Killers have a long time to go before they'll reach the place in their carreer to where Jovi are.
I don't think you really understand anything about showbusiness when looking at the way you look at things. The part about showbusiness is you have to keep yourself in the spotlight or you'll have to start over again, which is what Bon Jovi experienced when they did the promo for Crush.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Posting Always

Personally I don't care if Jon isn't in magazines. who really wants to sit through repetative interviews anyway?
26th June 2010, The O2 Arena, London.
8th June 2013, Manchester Ethiad Stadium.
19th June 2019, Liverpool Anfield Stadium.

Closed Thread