Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2 Years off !

Tour Discussion

Old 08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

I always seem to be in the minority of liking Jon's solo albums over Richie's. With Richie I can't tell whether I like the albums as they stand alone, or only like them because their by a member of Bon Jovi.

Whereas with Jon's, it was Young Guns II that got me into the band in the first place.

If there's going to be a solo album and tour I'd like to hear what Jon would come up with on his own. I think it might surprise us.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
I always seem to be in the minority of liking Jon's solo albums over Richie's. With Richie I can't tell whether I like the albums as they stand alone, or only like them because their by a member of Bon Jovi.

Whereas with Jon's, it was Young Guns II that got me into the band in the first place.

If there's going to be a solo album and tour I'd like to hear what Jon would come up with on his own. I think it might surprise us.
Nope, I'm with you!!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post

YGII got me into them in the first place too, and pretty much the Jon-written songs from KTF.

SITT is pretty good but I couldnt stand US.

But Jon needs to be inspired to do something, and I don't think he's inspired. I think he's too busy now chasing numbers, chasing the hall of fame, and trying to prove he's not too old yet. Maybe when he gets to about 55, he calms the **** down.

Last edited by gomora; 08-07-2011 at 03:47 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomora View Post
YGII got me into them in the first place too, and pretty much the Jon-written songs from KTF.

SITT is pretty good but I couldnt stand US.

But Jon needs to be inspired to do something, and I don't think he's inspired. I think he's too busy now chasing numbers, chasing the hall of fame, and trying to prove he's not too old yet. Maybe when he gets to about 55, he calms the **** down.
YGII is one of the best albums ever IMO. I absolutely LOVE it.
I do like DA alot as well, some of the songs on there are excellent, but I will always prefer YGII to pretty much anything. I don't really know what I think of the prospects of a 3rd JBJ solo album, I don't wanna be disappointed. I too think that he might be too focused on the money related goals and the whole "not too old and still relevant" to actually dig deep down to create meaningful great songs, but I hope I'm wrong.

As for Richie, I don't know what to think! The Nikki Lund stuff hasn't exactly left me hopeful lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Any Jon solo album now will probably sound more like a band record than either YG or DA, due to the amount of control Jon seems to have lately over band writing & recording, or at least the impression that he does and everyone else just plays their parts. Richie is credited on all Circle tracks though, although how much influence he had on them is hard to tell (like with any Jovi track really) given what a busy and turbulent period it was for him.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
As for Richie, I don't know what to think! The Nikki Lund stuff hasn't exactly left me hopeful lol.
I don't think you can actually count those as Richie songs... those songs were meant to be played on a runway and I don't think people would like seeing models walking to the beat of Stranger In This Town. It's basically guaranteed that Richie's solo album would sound nothing like that.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi821 View Post
I don't think you can actually count those as Richie songs... those songs were meant to be played on a runway and I don't think people would like seeing models walking to the beat of Stranger In This Town. It's basically guaranteed that Richie's solo album would sound nothing like that.

Lol well you're right. What you said just cracked me up there sorry, models walkin down the runway to stranger
Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
Lol well you're right. What you said just cracked me up there sorry, models walkin down the runway to stranger
I don't think I can take full credit since looking back I could swear I heard that somewhere else but that's basically whatever I think of when those garbage WTB songs get mentioned.