Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

JBJ at Stageit

Tour Discussion

Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

1. It's for charity so, of course, they should charge money for it, otherwise the people who paid the money attend the show could have stayed home and watched it for free too.
2. It's limited number of tickets so there will be less traffic on the server so the server won't crash or cut out making it a crappy live stream.
3. People are going to gripe no matter what.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:18 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152147547672000
Old 07-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
1. It's for charity so, of course, they should charge money for it, otherwise the people who paid the money attend the show could have stayed home and watched it for free too.
2. It's limited number of tickets so there will be less traffic on the server so the server won't crash or cut out making it a crappy live stream.
3. People are going to gripe no matter what.
There's not a limited number of tickets. It "sold out" when they first went on sale and they added more tickets.

Quote:
ALL PROCEEDS from the Live Stream ticket sales will benefit Red Bank's Parker Family Health Center, a volunteer-based facility that provides free primary health care services to low-income and uninsured Monmouth County residents.
"Proceeds" does not necessarily mean all $50 will go to the charity. Proceeds are the amount of money remaining after production costs are deducted. Jon could be taking a piece of the production costs for all we know.

I just think when you could've bought a ticket to the actual show for $50, that charging $50 to watch a live stream is ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

The first round of tickets released were for the fan club and they sold out. A few days later was the general sale and it sold out. So it wasn't that they released more tickets.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviJovi View Post
The first round of tickets released were for the fan club and they sold out. A few days later was the general sale and it sold out. So it wasn't that they released more tickets.
If the general sale sold out, they added more tickets.

There are currently 398 available, and if that number gets to zero, I bet more will be added again.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
If the general sale sold out, they added more tickets.

There are currently 398 available, and if that number gets to zero, I bet more will be added again.
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about actual show tickets. I wasn't aware that the livestream ever sold out.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
There's not a limited number of tickets. It "sold out" when they first went on sale and they added more tickets.

"Proceeds" does not necessarily mean all $50 will go to the charity. Proceeds are the amount of money remaining after production costs are deducted. Jon could be taking a piece of the production costs for all we know.

I just think when you could've bought a ticket to the actual show for $50, that charging $50 to watch a live stream is ridiculous.
Yes, you are right but that's not something unusual.

It's not quite accurate comparison, you need to include transportation costs to the price of ticket. For live stream there aren't additional costs (unless you pay for internet access based on volume of transmitted data). Overall the price is not same. (as someone who studied economics I had to point this out)
Old 07-31-2014, 03:08 AM
Something for the Posts

Did my bit by plugging the stream on the Your HHRS News.com New Jersey health blog:
http://yourhhrsnews.com/online-strea...health-center/

Between this, Jon meeting Mario Carpino, and Richie doing the anti-drug seminar in Toms River, we got a record number of views this summer!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-15-2014 at 08:34 PM..