Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Book Billy Falcon for your house party

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default Book Billy Falcon for your house party

Billy Falcon has co-written many songs with the band and Jon, many of them have been hits so I was surprised to find this on his website:

Quote:
Given the state of the record business, which is kind of sad, I
believe house concerts are going be the best way I can get the music to people.
For anyone that doesn’t know what a house concert is,
its really just a fan sponsored show. It can be held anywhere you can fit
fifty people or more. We’ve done them in living rooms, foyers, bars ,coffee shops,
rec rooms, clubhouses, backyards, beaches, boats, theaters, American
legion, VFW’s, the moon…
People (fans, believers,) have a party, kind of like a Tupperware party
where they either invite or sell tickets to their friends and/or
neighbors. They can also open up to the public. It’s pretty simple, we
just come and do what we do.
http://www.billyfalcon.com/2014/02/w...house-concert/

Judging by the list of songs he's written, I thought the royalties alone would make for a nice living.

http://www.billyfalcon.com/2014/02/s...ichie-sambora/

Old 08-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Jovi Freak

Some of the credits differ from the ones I'd seen before... didn't know he co-wrote I Could Make A Living..., also Richie isn't mentioned for Superman Tonight and Love's The Only Rule.

Also, starting with The Circle, his name's first.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah he's always been credited for I can make a living. I wonder if he's listed first for The Circle because he wrote the bulk of them or it's just a difference in formatting. Strange to take out Richie's name though.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:39 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_K View Post
Judging by the list of songs he's written, I thought the royalties alone would make for a nice living.
You only get royalties for the records sold or radioplays/streams. I don't think that Bon Jovi albums sell much anymore and even Crush that sold pretty good in 2000 won't sell now. And I can't see those post-2000 songs getting too much airplay either apart from Who Says, which Billy didn't write.

So, the royalties aren't exactly rolling in...

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Jovi FANatic

believe me its enough money to have a decent living only by this...it may be peanuts for jon and richie but its good money for a person with a low or average income
Old 08-31-2014, 04:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
believe me its enough money to have a decent living only by this...it may be peanuts for jon and richie but its good money for a person with a low or average income
But like Ice said, NONE of those songs get airplay so it'd be based on sales. If he's getting a fraction of a dollar, I assume, for each sale it's not enough to live on.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Something for the Posts

John Eddy once held a concert in a Jersey shore hotel conference room -- we were rowdy enough to distrupt three wedding receptions!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-28-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Old 08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
The Distance

The whole WWWB songwriting thing always baffled me. I once thought Billy wrote it and Jon just attached his name to it but I don't think that's the case at all. I think Billy is trying to take a little more credit or we gave Billy a little more credit based on his performance of it.

At 25:40, Jon stats that this is his most favorite song that him and Richie ever wrote.

Jon always states that they first come-up with a title, then the chorus is built around the title, and then the verses are built around the chorus.

If three guys are sitting in a room shooting ideas back and forth, it's hard to pinpoint who contributes to what and how credit should be split.

For example, lets say Jon comes up with a title, "We Were Young" and then Richies say's "When We Were Young" and then Billy Says "When We Were Beautiful".... Let's continue with that song-writing strategy throughout the rest of the song... Who should really get full credit?

Although there are stronger or key points to a song that matter more than others, it's really hard to say what they are, who is responsible for them, and more so, who should take full credit.

When it comes to Desmond, I think it's totally different. I think Jon sends him a draft of what he has and Desmond just fills in the blanks or changes the lyrics to rhyme or hook better. I think since the 90's, it's very rare for them to sit together to write like they once did. I say this because I would think the material should be so much stronger if they sat together to write verses Desmond just correcting Jon's homework.