Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Will Scotland go solo?

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 AM
It's my post

It depends where you want to move to, Andi. Nic and I have been looking fairly regularly at property nearer to our family down south and I have to say that it mirrors the prices here fairly closely, at least in the areas we've been looking and at properties of a similar size to the one we have now.

With respect to the vote, I am happy obviously but happier still that it was so close. A narrow result like that was always going to be the best outcome to voters of all persuasions as it is the first step in making Westminster sit up and take notice that people are growing increasingly tired of the UK's broken system.

We have to establish what changes are on the table quickly though, as I believe London will do everything it can to drag its heels and let the momentum from this result fade away in a bid to offer less. The next few months will be interesting at any rate.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Jude's family are from Milton Keynes-ish area. House prices in the surrounding areas there are pretty shocking.

I've got a 2 bed semi, and it's worth under a hundred k. I couldn't even buy a 1 bedroomed cottage in their village for less than 250k.

So probably not happening.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM
It's my post

Yeah, unfortunately that close to London, you're definitely going to find a big disparity in prices. Just get them to move nearer to you guys instead!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Jude's family are from Milton Keynes-ish area. House prices in the surrounding areas there are pretty shocking.

I've got a 2 bed semi, and it's worth under a hundred k. I couldn't even buy a 1 bedroomed cottage in their village for less than 250k.

So probably not happening.
There's the precise problem.
Milton Keynes is one of the last areas of the commuter belt out of London, so the prices are going to be relatively high. It's also perfect location for people working in Oxford or Cambridge. Factor in that they live in a village and you're adding another £30-50k on to the value.
I'm in the same area, and my 3 bed semi is about £160k which is low end price for the area.

As a general rule you'll find that the further north you go, the lower the property prices. You'll also find that the wages drop too!
I could move an hour or so north and pay about £130k for a bigger house, but my travel costs would double and it would take me longer to get to/from work.

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013
Old 09-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post

We have to establish what changes are on the table quickly though, as I believe London will do everything it can to drag its heels and let the momentum from this result fade away in a bid to offer less. The next few months will be interesting at any rate.
I agree with this completely. They will say "whew" that was close and go on their merry way. You guys just made a statement and it would behoove all of Scotland to push the issues.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:28 PM
It's my post

Unfortunately, the media are now doing their best to highlight post-referendum conflict between the opposing campaigns, no doubt in a bid to quell any chance that both sides can find common ground and direct their attentions in the most mutually constructive way.

Social media is just full of pathetic ridicule from both sides.