Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

A bit of Bon Jovi festivity!

Tour Discussion

Old 12-16-2014, 04:08 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Yeah, that didn't sound that great. It seemed much better 20 years ago.
It's weird how they hit the low notes. Almost too low. They do it that way in the 1990 version too.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:15 AM
The Distance

These were the good old days

Old 12-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
These were the good old days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jzg_OlOOe8
I'd kill to have those Xmas shows in pro quality! Those two from 1990 and the one from 1991 as well.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I'd kill to have those Xmas shows in pro quality! Those two from 1990 and the one from 1991 as well.

I want the one from the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1995. All 4 of the others showed up in bootlegs, but not that one, the one I went to.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:55 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Yep! Those two (three), Hammersmith, and Dublin '88... That's all I need for my collection to be complete.

In regards to the Count Basie shows....
I think there is one from '90 and two from '91 (afternoon & evening - I went to both and still have the ticket stubs). Does anyone know the completed set-lists from both shows?

Last edited by Rdkopper; 12-21-2014 at 11:59 PM..
Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Yep! Those two (three), Hammersmith, and Dublin '88... That's all I need for my collection to be complete.

I think there is one from '90 and two from '91 (afternoon & evening - I went to both and still have the ticket stubs). Does anyone know the completed set-lists from both shows?
1st Annual Christmas Concert, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1990
-Take Me Home, Never Say Die, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Never Say Goodbye, Livin' On A Prayer (Acoustic), Love For Sale, It's My Life ~ We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Fever, Born To Be My Baby, You Give Love A Bad Name, Blood On Blood, The Boys Are Back In Town, I'd Die For You, Wild In The Streets, Diamond Ring, I'll Be There For You, Travellin' Band, Seven Days, Bad Medicine ~ Shout, Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, With A Little Help From My Friends

2nd Annual Christmas Concert, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1991
-Fever, Born To Be My Baby, You Give Love A Bad Name, Wild In The Streets, Love For Sale, Bed Of Roses, Diamond Ring, It's My Life, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Blaze Of Glory, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Livin' On A Prayer, I'd Die For You, Blood On Blood, I'll Be There For You, Bad Medicine ~ Gloria, Shout, Levon, With A Little Help From My Friends, The Sole Truth, Silent Night (The Hymn)

Can't seem to find the set for the afternoon 1991 show although I'm sure I have a cassette of it...hopefully someone else will have it handy.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:33 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
1st Annual Christmas Concert, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1990
-Take Me Home, Never Say Die, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Never Say Goodbye, Livin' On A Prayer (Acoustic), Love For Sale, It's My Life ~ We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Fever, Born To Be My Baby, You Give Love A Bad Name, Blood On Blood, The Boys Are Back In Town, I'd Die For You, Wild In The Streets, Diamond Ring, I'll Be There For You, Travellin' Band, Seven Days, Bad Medicine ~ Shout, Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, With A Little Help From My Friends

2nd Annual Christmas Concert, Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, New Jersey, 23rd December 1991
-Fever, Born To Be My Baby, You Give Love A Bad Name, Wild In The Streets, Love For Sale, Bed Of Roses, Diamond Ring, It's My Life, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Blaze Of Glory, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Livin' On A Prayer, I'd Die For You, Blood On Blood, I'll Be There For You, Bad Medicine ~ Gloria, Shout, Levon, With A Little Help From My Friends, The Sole Truth, Silent Night (The Hymn)

Can't seem to find the set for the afternoon 1991 show although I'm sure I have a cassette of it...hopefully someone else will have it handy.
Thanks Man! It's the afternoon set that I'm looking for and now that you mention it, I think I have the cassette too.... It's the worst quality ever and I forgot about it.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:

There were two in 1990 and one (that I know of) from 1991. All of them were recorded but the quality is rather poor. On the other hand, better than nothing.
Especially the 1991 show is something soooo special. That's where the eras really mix. A new song which wasn't going to be released for next 9 months called Bed Of Roses performed the 1980s way, an incredible version of Levon and others. There's no similar show in their history.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 01-08-2015, 02:38 AM
The Distance

Quote:
There were two in 1990 and one (that I know of) from 1991. All of them were recorded but the quality is rather poor. On the other hand, better than nothing.
Especially the 1991 show is something soooo special. That's where the eras really mix. A new song which wasn't going to be released for next 9 months called Bed Of Roses performed the 1980s way, an incredible version of Levon and others. There's no similar show in their history.
Just pulled my ticket stubs and there were two shows done in '91. I paid 35.00 dollars for the 4:00pm show and 50.00 dollars for the 8:00pm show.... Bon Jovi were so good back then it amazes me that I got an all day Bon Jovi fest for 85 bucks during their prime. I wrote down the songs for both shows on the back of my 1 ticket stub. I actually remember doing it when I got home based off of memory. I have listed, Bed Of Roses in addition to two new songs... that's why I want both set lists. It could be the Soul Truth with KTF or ITA but I'd love to know.

Nothing beats that 80 style BOR. That might be their best performance of a single song ever.

The sad thing is, I have a feeling that those shows are not in the vault. I don't think any song from 90 or 91 were ever released.