Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Eddie Trunk latest Podcast.....

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmjpl View Post
i just found this myself and the interview is awesome... i love stranger but cant help wonder what if for richie if bob rock did it....it coulda been more commerically successfull....

i dont even know who wound up doing it - don was wasnt on board till second, i think...
Bob Rock was irregular. Skid Row's Subhuman Race was not very good, and commercially null.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:22 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmjpl View Post
i just found this myself and the interview is awesome... i love stranger but cant help wonder what if for richie if bob rock did it....it coulda been more commerically successfull....

i dont even know who wound up doing it - don was wasnt on board till second, i think...
Richie produced it with Neil Dorfsman. Yeah Don Was was only Undiscovered Soul.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
We are all waiting for this sudden shock of an old school Bon Jovi album to be released but it's never going to happen.

The Jon we all grew up with and the reason why we are still here is long gone from A to Z.

From his personality to the way he moves on stage. Growing up, I never thought Jon would change the way that he did.

That laid back, passionate, confident, artist is gone. He seems so lost up on that stage. His movements seem weird to me now. It's not only that his voice is gone but his singing is so fake and that high voice doesn't even sound natural. He's not saying words right and it's just all wrong. Listen to American Girl from the other night. What the F is that? He's not writing and producing songs like used to. His lack of voice is throwing everything off.

Finally, this political Jon is the worst. I think it's amazing what he does for charities. I really do. He's been doing it since '87 for the Special Olympics but I feel now, it's a back-door network for politics. It's Christie dumping Ice on his head. Cory Booker was at the SK a few weeks ago. That's not the same Jon I remember from Access All Areas. It's killing him as a Rock Star.

If Jon goes to 65, that's 13 more years. If you look the last 13 years, we got 6 studio albums, a box set, a GH album, and a TLFR. Not to mention a few DVDs.

Just expect a lot of crap in the future.
I do not usually agree with most of the things you say but this is bang on.
The other thing is how JBJ claims that The Stones are the bar. The difference between BJ and The Stones is that The Stones have stayed true to who they are in all aspects. Jon has not as you so brilliantly put it in your post.

To add to what you said, he panders to the female audience so much these days that it has become nauseating and so not 'rock'....more like something you'd see Justin Bieber do. He's always pandered but it's different from the way he used to do it. It is too calculated now and there's an arrogance to it and this is coming from someone who used to be a Jon girl. It became a turn off.

It seems obvious to me that he knows he's losing it, musically, so he has to depend on keeping those rabid female fans and their money by doing the very thing he claimed to rail against back in the day....using his looks and $Runaway Tours$ to keep them coming.

I remember someone a few years ago talking about him wanting to buy an NFL team in the near future and I didn't believe them at first but as we know now they were right. I believe now that if he had gotten the Bills deal, the band would have ceased operations anyway and I think Richie knew it too.
I think he's only going to keep up with the band shit until he reaches that goal.

Sadly, it's all about the $$$ now.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:46 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Bob Rock was irregular. Skid Row's Subhuman Race was not very good, and commercially null.
That record sounds absolutely huge, though.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
That record sounds absolutely huge, though.
I agree, not much wrong with the production on that record. It flopped for a myriad other reasons. Skid Row was a big band, but not huge or able to command solid sales from reputations alone. The quality in the songwriting dropped (subjective of course), music had moved on, there were problems within the band. The production was the least of the problems and that album should not be used to detract Rock's qualities.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:55 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
I agree, not much wrong with the production on that record. It flopped for a myriad other reasons. Skid Row was a big band, but not huge or able to command solid sales from reputations alone. The quality in the songwriting dropped (subjective of course), music had moved on, there were problems within the band. The production was the least of the problems and that album should not be used to detract Rock's qualities.
And, objectively speaking, it's one hell of a record! One of the most underrated albums ever in my opinion. A bit like Skid Row's These Days...
Old 03-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Jovi Freak

Sebastian and the rest of the band REALLY weren't getting along anymore at that point, and it's a rather directionless record at times. That being said, the performances captured all sound great, and some of the songs are very good. It's just pretty obvious that the band didn't have a clear idea on what to do, or what their sonic identity was at the time.

Last edited by Alphavictim; 03-17-2015 at 03:40 AM..
Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I love Skid Row (Bach Days only) but Subhuman Race was a strange album for me. It was not a patch on the debut or Slave to the Grind ...or even the cover version EP they put out.

They had lost their way and weren't getting on with Seb Bach - and it showed on record.

Its like they had a ton of ideas but most were poorly executed. The album has some really good songs but some really poor ones like Irene.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo