Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Another ugly band feud (BJ mentioned)

Other Bands

Old 12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Posting Always

Default Another ugly band feud (BJ mentioned)

Doesn't it ring a bell?!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/what...er-ali-8291032

Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Something for the Posts

It sure sounds like what Queensryche went through, except that the UB40 split had more to do with a lack of confidence in management -- you sell 70 million albums, you shouldn't still be a starving musician.

I guess it will really depend upon who gets custody of what in the "divorce settlement." And of course, it's extra sad when it happens between brothers -- even Max and Igor Cavalera have managed to reunite.

Oh, and decide for yourself:
http://youtu.be/IYP92SWHrK8

http://youtu.be/20t-IZZztOk

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-28-2016 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Something for the Posts

Default UPDATE: Now Ratt Are taking their divorce public

Inside Heavy:
RATT...(have) been warring with one another over the Ratt name since 2000 when (singer) Stephen Pearcy first left the band. Recently (drummer) Bobby Blotzer has...stepped out with his own version of RATT and is using the name for himself...

(T)he company which owns the RATT brand was originally formed by Blotzer, (guitarist Warren) DeMartini and Pearcy. Pearcy lost his share of the name in court after splitting with the group in 2000. He returned to the band in 2006 but exited again last year. Blotzer has since expressed his desire to keep RATT alive with a new singer, but explained that DeMartini did not want to tour as RATT without Pearcy...

Blotzer announced...that he was taking control of the RATT name and was planning to hit the road with a new version of the group, which played shows earlier in the year under the name BOBBY BLOTZER’S RATT EXPERIENCE...

DeMartini (said in a) statement...“Now he is soliciting his tribute band as RATT which he is completely unauthorized to do. I am totally against it, and steps are being taken to prevent any further misuse of the name as well as representation about future RATT performances...”

Well, how about a compromise: call the band BLATT or BLOTTZ!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-27-2015 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Something for the Posts

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Bassist Apologizes For Inspiring LIMP BIZKIT
Quote:
Blabbermouth.Net: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE bassist Tim Commerford has (told) Rolling Stone that he's sorry for inspiring rap-metal bands like LIMP BIZKIT that came along in the wake of RAGE's success..."I do apologize for LIMP BIZKIT. I really do. I feel really bad that we inspired such bullshit. They're gone, though. That's the beautiful thing. There's only one left, and that's RAGE, and as far as I'm concerned, we're the only one that matters."

Commerford...climbed a 20-foot backdrop onstage as LIMP BIZKIT came up to accept the "Best Rock Video" award at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards. (He) said about the incident: "It's aged like wine...Back in 2000, it was like, 'Dude, I saw you do that. What was that all about?' Now, it's like, 'Dude, I saw you do that. That was so ****in' awesome! I love that.'" Commerford, who spent a night in jail as a result of the incident, added that if he could do it again he would have "ripped that thing to the ground and shredded it."

The bassist is promoting his new band, WAKRAT, and also started an electronic music project earlier this year called FUTURE USER. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's new DVD, "Live At Finsbury Park", is set to be released October 16. The concert was filmed in 2010 in London.

Very amusing. But keep in mind that public feuds between bands (and between band members) can trickle down to mentally ill fanatical fans who might take it upon themselves to defend their hero's honor -- ask Phil Anselmo and Dimebag Darrell of Pantera. That's an aspect of rap that rock doesn't need to be influenced by!

Last edited by rocknation; 11-02-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Something for the Posts

Default From the "Don't Make Love Where You Make Your Money" department

Quote:
Blabbermouth: ...LEAVES' EYES announced this past weekend that it had parted ways with (vocalist) Liv Kristine and replaced her with Elina Siirala...(who) made her live debut with the band...in Jakarta, Indonesia...
The band's side of the story:
Quote:
"We understand that many fans and friends are surprised and shocked about the change in our band...it was not an easy decision for every one involved....In the last decade...(guitarist) Thorsten Bauer and Alex Krull (keyboardist/co-vocalist and Liv's husband) wrote the music for LEAVES' EYES, and Liv took care of the lyrics...

"The idea to go separate ways came up in January...The decision...was taken by all LEAVES' EYES members, including Liv...(She) was happy to have the opportunity to plan changes in her future life and she does not have to go on tour so much anymore...A mediator — a friend of Liv and Alex — was at the band meeting...

"...We supported Liv...in her solo career...It was...agreed to help Liv for...her further projects at the studio just like in the past...

"At the moment, we can't tell you more details as legal actions are in process...Please respect the privacy of Liv and Alex! Disrespectful postings and bashing is harming their family situation and their son..."
Her side of the story:
Quote:
"Dear fans and friends...your endless support and passion keeps me going on in these difficult times. I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

"I was told a bit longer than a week ago that I am not preferred as the band's singer for further tours and recordings anymore. I asked for the situation concerning Indonesia and the soon-to-happen up-coming shows. The answer was 'No.' I asked if there's a replacement and I got no clear answer...A few days later, there certainly was a replacement. I must say — that was 'quick'!

"I can't believe this process happened behind my back, parallel to a huge disappointment in my private life..."
Not to put too fine a point to it, but someone is lying like a rug -- and the fact that Liv's husband is still in the band makes it very hard be even-handed. It's also very hard not to conclude that somewhere among the "legal actions" and "difficult times" and "huge (but private) disappointment" is a divorce proceeding -- unless Alex decided that it was time for their son to have a traditional stay-at-home mom!

Last edited by rocknation; 05-03-2019 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Busted, Liv -- I mean, Leaves!

Quote:
From the official Leaves' Eyes Facebook page:
April 19· Here you can read the signed protocol documents...certified by (a) lawyer...which proves that the news about the protocol from the mediator of our crucial band meeting is accurate and correct in every way. Furthermore the protocol shows that the decisions were made together!

Sure, the protocol is dated April 6, which dovetails into Liv's contention that she was unexpectedly fired about a week and a half before the Indonesia gig, but let's not nitpick. It's the second and third paragraphs that count most:

Quote:
...(Alex) Krull made it clear that a successful artistic collaboration...with Liv E. Krull isn't possible anymore due to various disagreements into professional and private purposes. This was also confirmed by Liv E. Krull, and she demanded an immediate decision to have clarity to act freely in the future.

Furthermore, it was made...very clear that an external intervention of the new partner/therapist of Liv E. Krull is unacceptable in band affairs under any circumstances.
Now we know why Alex didn't take Liv's side -- he fired her as a bandmate because she fired him as a spouse!

Well, how about this as proof positive that Liv is the one who's lying:

Note the date, March 30, and the posting times -- two minutes apart. As of two weeks before the Indonesia gig and one week before the protocol was drawn up, Liv had three logically and legally valid reasons to believe she was still a member of the band: her management, publicists, and tour promoters believed it, too!

Leaves' Eyes would never have released that pic otherwise, and they certainly never would have allowed Liv to use it: it would have fatally poisoned their future relationships with ALL the tour promoters. Indeed, if they had known that Liv had been replaced, would they have booked the tour at all?

No wonder Liv wondered how they were going to find a new singer within ten days. If her bandmates stooped to secretly rehearsing Liv's replacement (since January, perhaps?) while using Liv to book and promote gigs, they DID go behind her back -- and they owe her restitution.

Becky taught me the best saying: "It will all come out in the wash." Happy wash day, Leaves' Eyes! Now, will both Mr. and Mrs. Krull please grow up and get a proper divorce?

Last edited by rocknation; 10-12-2022 at 04:45 AM..