Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Class reunion tonight

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 02-28-2015, 11:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Class reunion tonight

Ugh. I really don't want to go. I didn't like these people all that much 22 years ago. The few people I care about seeing either aren't coming or I already see regularly anyway. I feel obligated to go because the girl who wanted to plan it asked me to help her plan it so I did.

Have any of you gone to your class reunions? Were they awful or did you wind up enjoying them?

My BFF Kelly is going. She HATES everybody. She hated every minute she spent at that school. I hope she doesn't get drunk and tell them all off because that's exactly what she would like to do. She's sharp-tongued and doesn't take any crap off anybody anymore so I just hope she bites her tongue and enjoys the fact that everyone else has gotten fat and gone bald and she still looks like a model.

Oh, Lord, get me through the night....

Old 03-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Then why go Becky. I went once - to my 10 year High School reunion and I never went again. Basically I said what you did - I didn't like most of these people 10 years ago and the ones I did like I have kept in touch with.

It was an excruciating evening and I never went to another - including university reunions.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I actually had a GREAT time. I was so surprised. Everyone who showed up was NICE. They were NOT nice in high school. I guess you give someone 20 years, an education, and a few kids and they CAN grow up.

It was kind of funny, one girl who was a real witch when we were teens saw me and said, "You changed your hair!" I smiled and said, "Yeah." I was thinking, "It's been 22 years... of course I've changed my hair!"

Kelly said she was faking being nice at first but by the time we left she was being nice for real. The only reason we left when we did is that my boyfriend is a preacher so he has to work on Sunday mornings.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

I went to an impromptu casual primary school reunion last year.

It was just drinks in a local pub and there was only 10 or so of us there, most of whom I keep in touch with on Facebook anyway but it was a lot funner than I thought it would be.

I enjoyed high school and most of the real halfwits have either been forced to move away, ended up dead or are in jail but I wouldn't mind going to a high school reunion either. Sadly the last time a big group of us got together was for one of my best friend's funeral's